Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Caldwell really that bad?

(07-05-2020, 08:11 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 12:09 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I am not insulting you but I got to ask did you eat something bad?  Your gut should be telling you the very opposite.  Outside of 2017 with Tom Coughlin as boss, Caldwell and his teams has just been atrocious.   The true measure of a team is how much they win.  Breaking news, the Jags have not been doing lots of winning lately.  This past draft IMO was pretty weak factoring in the draft capital.

There is several in this thread I could continue to debate with but it's pointless.  When you factor is the Amount Draft capital and the amount of cap space and see the results.  It's not even a debate.  I do not think anyone outside of Jacksonville would debate that Caldwell is not only a lackluster GM, but a bad one.

Did you factor in the players that were jettisoned from our team to which they stated that Coughlin was the reasoning? I too LOVE Coughlin but I will not ignore his demise w/respect to our team. Coughlin dismantled Caldwell's roster and that is the reason that Coughlin is gone and Caldwell remains to be our GM. 

Point Blank.

NH3...

Oh you are so right.

Ramsey who is a complete diva and can't take no criticism because he feels disrespected. Yeah, good thing for the Rams they have Ramsey, they almost get to the SB with him this past season
I forgot how Coughlin killed Telvin's brother and made Telvin go out with lil girls.
Funny how Coughlin is gone a yet Yawn (who is overrated and doesn't make as big of an impact as most people think, otherwise he would have been traded ages ago) still doesn't wanna be here.
Coughlin traded Calais.
Coughlin made Bouye play average for the past 2 seasons.
While I like Robinson, he was coming off of a bad injury and he wasn't even present in 2017.

Time will tell...

iHaunting Raven
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 08:03 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(07-05-2020, 08:11 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 12:09 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I am not insulting you but I got to ask did you eat something bad?  Your gut should be telling you the very opposite.  Outside of 2017 with Tom Coughlin as boss, Caldwell and his teams has just been atrocious.   The true measure of a team is how much they win.  Breaking news, the Jags have not been doing lots of winning lately.  This past draft IMO was pretty weak factoring in the draft capital.

There is several in this thread I could continue to debate with but it's pointless.  When you factor is the Amount Draft capital and the amount of cap space and see the results.  It's not even a debate.  I do not think anyone outside of Jacksonville would debate that Caldwell is not only a lackluster GM, but a bad one.

Did you factor in the players that were jettisoned from our team to which they stated that Coughlin was the reasoning? I too LOVE Coughlin but I will not ignore his demise w/respect to our team. Coughlin dismantled Caldwell's roster and that is the reason that Coughlin is gone and Caldwell remains to be our GM. 

Point Blank.

NH3...
Coughlin was a problem but it has not gotten out he was the complete problem.  Last I looked, Coughlin is gone and Yannick does not want to be here.   As I said before, Coughlin was the fall guy who gets all the blame and very little credit for 2017. 

Is it possible great players see how dysfunctional this team is and know they have no real shot of winning?  Could it be they just don't want to be part of this losing franchise?  These are 2 very likely candidates as well.  Bill Parcells was a complete Jerk and many players hated him.  I never seen players trying to ditch NY or any team he coached.   Bill Bellicheck is a complete jerk.  Players are dying to get there.  The real issue is the Jacksonville Jaguars have a losing culture and players with Superstar ability do not want to waste their good years being here.  PLain and simple.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(07-05-2020, 01:31 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 08:11 AM)NH3 Wrote: Did you factor in the players that were jettisoned from our team to which they stated that Coughlin was the reasoning? I too LOVE Coughlin but I will not ignore his demise w/respect to our team. Coughlin dismantled Caldwell's roster and that is the reason that Coughlin is gone and Caldwell remains to be our GM. 

Point Blank.

NH3...
Coughlin was a problem but it has not gotten out he was the complete problem.  Last I looked, Coughlin is gone and Yannick does not want to be here.   As I said before, Coughlin was the fall guy who gets all the blame and very little credit for 2017. 

Is it possible great players see how dysfunctional this team is and know they have no real shot of winning?  Could it be they just don't want to be part of this losing franchise?  These are 2 very likely candidates as well.  Bill Parcells was a complete Jerk and many players hated him.  I never seen players trying to ditch NY or any team he coached.   Bill Bellicheck is a complete jerk.  Teams are dying to get there.  The real issue is the Jacksonville Jaguars have a losing culture and players with Superstar ability do not want to waste their good years being here.  PLain and simple.

Yeah, because Jacksonville is exactly the same as NYC, Boston, and Dallas...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-05-2020, 07:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 01:31 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Coughlin was a problem but it has not gotten out he was the complete problem.  Last I looked, Coughlin is gone and Yannick does not want to be here.   As I said before, Coughlin was the fall guy who gets all the blame and very little credit for 2017. 

Is it possible great players see how dysfunctional this team is and know they have no real shot of winning?  Could it be they just don't want to be part of this losing franchise?  These are 2 very likely candidates as well.  Bill Parcells was a complete Jerk and many players hated him.  I never seen players trying to ditch NY or any team he coached.   Bill Bellicheck is a complete jerk.  Teams are dying to get there.  The real issue is the Jacksonville Jaguars have a losing culture and players with Superstar ability do not want to waste their good years being here.  PLain and simple.

Yeah, because Jacksonville is exactly the same as NYC, Boston, and Dallas...

Lets not play that game.  There are only 32 teams.  AT one time the patriots were considered a team that nobody wanted to go to.  The same with the Packers.  They fixed their issues.  We haven't.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 12:11 PM by RicoTx.)

(07-05-2020, 08:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 07:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah, because Jacksonville is exactly the same as NYC, Boston, and Dallas...

Lets not play that game.  There are only 32 teams.  AT one time the patriots were considered a team that nobody wanted to go to.  The same with the Packers.  They fixed their issues.  We haven't.

When, exactly, did nobody want to go to the Packers?  The 60's?

Let's not play that game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 05:10 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(07-06-2020, 12:10 PM)Rico Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 08:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets not play that game.  There are only 32 teams.  AT one time the patriots were considered a team that nobody wanted to go to.  The same with the Packers.  They fixed their issues.  We haven't.

When, exactly, did nobody want to go to the Packers?  The 60's?

Ye of little Knowledge.  The packers were horrible for years until Favre.   I'm talking 80's and a good part of the 90's.  They have been a consistent winner since then.  We can't get our act together.

(07-06-2020, 05:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 12:10 PM)Rico Wrote: When, exactly, did nobody want to go to the Packers?  The 60's?

Ye of little Knowledge.  The packers were horrible for years until Favre.   I'm talking 80's and a good part of the 90's.  They have been a consistent winner since then.  We can't get our act together.

Yeah, it's sad how all those free agents in the 80s wouldn't sign with Green Bay.  Rolleyes
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yes, Caldwell is that bad.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 07:54 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(07-06-2020, 07:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yes, Caldwell is that bad.

Nicely Put! I can't wait to hear the excuses next year when Khan has to toss Caldwell on his  tail.

(07-06-2020, 07:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 07:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yes, Caldwell is that bad.

Nicely Put! I can't wait to hear the excuses last year when Khan has to toss Caldwell on his  tail.

I always find it fascinating how the offseason continually makes people forget just how bad David Caldwell is as a GM, only to be re-reminded for the Xth time after week 8 that he does in-fact really suck.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 08:03 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(07-06-2020, 07:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 07:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Nicely Put! I can't wait to hear the excuses last year when Khan has to toss Caldwell on his  tail.

I always find it fascinating how the offseason continually makes people forget just how bad David Caldwell is as a GM, only to be re-reminded for the Xth time after week 8 that he does in-fact really suck.
I don't know if it's loyality or just ignorance.  For some reason there is a defense force on the board for the brass no matter how bad they are.  Many Defended Gene Smith and every crappy coach who has coached this team.

Many Defend Marrone now.  This Guy completley lost the locker room, went from A bad call to a superbowl to dead last in the Division.  It's just insanity.

(07-06-2020, 05:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 12:10 PM)Rico Wrote: When, exactly, did nobody want to go to the Packers?  The 60's?

Oh ye of trying to pretend they have knowledge, so 1991 and 1992 are 'a good part of the 90's'.  Couple that with the fact that NFL free agency didn't start until 1993.  So what the hell does your less than knowledgeable remark have to do with 'players not wanting to go to Green Bay'.  Nice try braniac.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 10:14 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(07-06-2020, 09:18 PM)Rico Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 05:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ye of little Knowledge.  The packers were horrible for years until Favre.   I'm talking 80's and a good part of the 90's.  They have been a consistent winner since then.  We can't get our act together.

Oh ye of trying to pretend they have knowledge, so 1991 and 1992 are 'a good part of the 90's'.  Couple that with the fact that NFL free agency didn't start until 1993.  So what the hell does your less than knowledgeable remark have to do with 'players not wanting to go to Green Bay'.  Nice try braniac.

You got me, Lazy research on my part but my original Post still stands just wrong decades.  Check their 70's and most to the 80s.  They balanced between being a bad football team to a middle of the road team for nearly 2 decades.  Plus the cold.  The bottom line is most players who have a desire to win do not want to go to a losing team.   The Jaguars have been historically bad for the last decade.  Caldwell was the Gm for most of that decade.

He decided to Reset the Whole Roster when He Came here
He decided to Draft Black Bortles
Khan felt he needed help so brought in Coughlin who was essentially his boss
Despite people screaming Coughlin was the whole problem, one of Caldwell Homerun picks(Yannick) does not want to be here after Coughlin was fired. Speaks volumes. He does not even want to negotiate with the Jags! Sure you can believe it was all Coughlin but he was the Fall Guy. The Lee Harvey Oswald's of the world. II give Coughlin most of the credit for 2017

We can argue about what team sucks the worst any time but the bottom line is Caldwell is that bad. The record proves it.

(07-06-2020, 10:11 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 09:18 PM)Rico Wrote: Oh ye of trying to pretend they have knowledge, so 1991 and 1992 are 'a good part of the 90's'.  Couple that with the fact that NFL free agency didn't start until 1993.  So what the hell does your less than knowledgeable remark have to do with 'players not wanting to go to Green Bay'.  Nice try braniac.

You got me, Lazy research on my part but my original Post still stands just wrong decades.  Check their 70's and most to the 80s.  They balanced between being a bad football team to a middle of the road team for nearly 2 decades.  Plus the cold.  The bottom line is most players who have a desire to win do not want to go to a losing team.   The Jaguars have been historically bad for the last decade.  Caldwell was the Gm for most of that decade.

Despite people screaming Coughlin was the whole problem, one of Caldwell Homerun picks(Yannick) does not want to be here after Coughlin was fired.  Speaks volumes.  He does not even want to negotiate with the Jags! Sure you can believe it was all Coughlin but he was the Fall Guy.  The Lee Harvey Oswald's of the world.  II give Coughlin most of the credit for 2017

We can argue about what team sucks the worst any time but the bottom line is Caldwell is that bad. The record proves it.

Lol, nice try. "Nobody wanted to go to Green Bay in the 70s when no one could go to Green Bay in the 70s totally proves my point!"  Rolleyes

Free Agency didn’t start until...never mind.

(07-07-2020, 08:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 10:11 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: You got me, Lazy research on my part but my original Post still stands just wrong decades.  Check their 70's and most to the 80s.  They balanced between being a bad football team to a middle of the road team for nearly 2 decades.  Plus the cold.  The bottom line is most players who have a desire to win do not want to go to a losing team.   The Jaguars have been historically bad for the last decade.  Caldwell was the Gm for most of that decade.

Despite people screaming Coughlin was the whole problem, one of Caldwell Homerun picks(Yannick) does not want to be here after Coughlin was fired.  Speaks volumes.  He does not even want to negotiate with the Jags! Sure you can believe it was all Coughlin but he was the Fall Guy.  The Lee Harvey Oswald's of the world.  II give Coughlin most of the credit for 2017

Lol, nice try. "Nobody wanted to go to Green Bay in the 70s when no one could go to Green Bay in the 70s totally proves my point!"  Rolleyes

Just ignore him. This is what he does. He latches onto something and tries to twist it into whatever narrative he wants it to be. 

Overall i think it will be a tough season to grade Caldwell on how he handles the team. The cards are definitely stacked against him this year. I hope he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and somehow fixes this team. If not, i'll be alright with replacing him. New faces in the front office may change the moral for this team and its highly known we need it.
In Dougie I Trust!

(07-08-2020, 05:33 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 08:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, nice try. "Nobody wanted to go to Green Bay in the 70s when no one could go to Green Bay in the 70s totally proves my point!"  Rolleyes

Just ignore him. This is what he does. He latches onto something and tries to twist it into whatever narrative he wants it to be. 

Overall i think it will be a tough season to grade Caldwell on how he handles the team. The cards are definitely stacked against him this year. I hope he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and somehow fixes this team. If not, i'll be alright with replacing him. New faces in the front office may change the moral for this team and its highly known we need it.

Agreed, I think the first half of the year might be really, really ugly. Hopefully we'll see a big step in the second half, but even so it might not be enough to save either the coaches or GM. Really all that matters is GM15, if he is the real deal and shows it then even a poor record might salvage them for the sake of continuity. I was really excited having Gruden and McAdoo here, that's a huge deal for this team, but then the pandemic issue almost completely negates that. And then no changes to the DC and the loss of the veterans means a lot of playing time for young guys. Just a ton of uncertainty added to an already uncertain season.

The way the power vacuum in the league is set up: You are gonna have your perennial winners: The Pittsburgh, The Dallas, The Green Bay, the New England, The Niners. Then you are going to have the ebb/flow teams that MIGHT be good for a while/but can never build SUSTAINED success: The Atlanta's, The NY Giants, Philadelphias. The rest of the league is built on extreme parity and some teams are just going to SUCK: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Detroit, Washington, Miami, Arizona....so on and so forth. Ownership plays a big part and players want to play for winners but at the end of the day, they are going to go where they can be financially SECURE first and foremost.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn