Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Retro Bowl

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 01:06 PM by Brett.)

Have any of you guys played this app for the phone yet?

I've never been big on playing video games/apps but this one seems worth it. It came up as a suggestion in my app store and apparently came out in January of this year. I was intrigued and downloaded it based off the great reviews, I haven't been disappointed so far. Apparently the developer is very good with updates as well. It's like Tecmo Bowl for the gameplay but RPG style when you are working on the behind the scenes stuff. You can build your own team, play out the season, etc. It's free but if you want the unlimited version it's only 99 cents.

I got hired by the New York Giants to start out Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-03-2020, 04:22 PM)Brett Wrote: Have any of you guys played this app for the phone yet?

I've never been big on playing video games/apps but this one seems worth it. It came up as a suggestion in my app store and apparently came out in January of this year. I was intrigued and downloaded it based off the great reviews, I haven't been disappointed so far. Apparently the developer is very good with updates as well. It's like Tecmo Bowl for the gameplay but RPG style when you are working on the behind the scenes stuff. You can build your own team, play out the season, etc. It's free but if you want the unlimited version it's only 99 cents.

I got hired by the New York Giants to start out Big Grin

During the first wave of stay at home they opened up the free version for a few weeks, and I paid for the unlimited. Really loved it, but the last update sped the game up so much playing on hard/dynamic gets frustrating.

I spent a few seasons bringing the Phins to prominence, then took a job with the Redacteds to get the NFC achievements, and at my peak left them for the Jags. As expected, we were a tire fire and I'm fighting my way through season 1.

You're right, tho, anyone who loved Tecmo should check it out, it's fun, fast, and not heavy on resource demands.

Ummmm thank you so much for this!

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020, 02:44 PM by Brett.)

Mikey, yeah good points! Cleatwood, glad you like it! Prepare to get addicted if you aren't already Smile

Still with the Giants here, in my fourth season. Second season made it to the Wildcard round, third season finished second place in NFC East. Currently, 10-0 in my fourth season with the difference maker being a rookie WR with the last name of Jordan (destined for greatness) and speed through the roof. I'm just waiting for my opportunity to come to be the Jags head coach.

(06-10-2020, 02:42 PM)Brett Wrote: Mikey, yeah good points! Cleatwood, glad you like it! Prepare to get addicted if you aren't already Smile

Still with the Giants here, in my fourth season. Second season made it to the Wildcard round, third season finished second place in NFC East. Currently, 10-0 in my fourth season with the difference maker being a rookie WR with the last name of Jordan (destined for greatness) and speed through the roof. I'm just waiting for my opportunity to come to be the Jags head coach.
Won a title with the Jags and Lions but the difficulty level is at 20 right now and let's just say it's a different world.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 11:14 AM by Brett.)

WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED.....

My Giants went 15-1 in my fourth season. I went further in the playoffs than I ever have and made it all the way to the Retro Bowl (Super Bowl) to face off against the Buffalo Bills. In the last 1-2 minutes of the game the score was tied 14-14. I scored a TD but missed the extra point to go up 20-14. And of course....the Bills score a TD and extra point in the final seconds and win the Retro Bowl 21-20.

This has got to be the worst ending ever. I don't know how I can come back from this. I really don't. This will haunt me for the rest of my coaching career.