Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP convention in Jacksonville is ‘tentatively’ a done deal

Trump's speech scheduled on ax-handle Saturday.

He loves him some racist dog whistles, don't he?

Gonna be a [BLEEP] show.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-12-2020, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Trump's speech scheduled on ax-handle Saturday.  

Gonna be a [BLEEP] show.

You, ummm, think Donald Trump is aware of that event? Really?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-12-2020, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Trump's speech scheduled on ax-handle Saturday.  

Gonna be a [BLEEP] show.

Someone woke up on the righteous side of the bed this morning.

(06-12-2020, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Gonna be a [BLEEP] show.

I'd chalk it up do ignorance if he didn't just plan a rally in Tulsa on Juneteenth.

(06-12-2020, 09:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You, ummm, think Donald Trump is aware of that event? Really?

I'd chalk it up do ignorance if he didn't just plan a rally in Tulsa on Juneteenth.

Because he's aware of a pseudo-holiday that most people don't know about?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-12-2020, 10:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 09:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd chalk it up do ignorance if he didn't just plan a rally in Tulsa on Juneteenth.

Because it's a slap in the face to those who recognize the date (that he's certainly aware of) and it serves to roil a segment of his base.  

The man has pushed racial division in America from the very get-go (birther) why would this be any different?

(06-12-2020, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 08:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: Usually the convention has many speeches over many days.  The names get bigger as it goes on.  There's usually a keynote speech by someone other than the nominee.  The point is you get to see some "rising stars" or whatever.  Are they doing that this year?  Or is it just going to be a Trump rally?

20202 Agenda
Keynote
Introduction of down ticket players that need a boost
Introduction of VP Pence
Pence Speech
Introduction of Party Power Players
Introduction of Trump
Riot
Trump Speech
Riot
Police Brutality
Fires
Riot
Rubber Bullets and Fire Hoses
Trump re-elected in 50 state landslide
North and East sides rebuilt
Khan profits

The after-party will be in Lot J.

(06-12-2020, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 10:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because he's aware of a pseudo-holiday that most people don't know about?

Because it's a slap in the face to those who recognize the date (that he's certainly aware of) and it serves to roil a segment of his base.  

The man Left has pushed racial division in America from the very get-go (birther was invented by Hillary camp) why would this be any different?

Fixed it for you.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-12-2020, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 10:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because he's aware of a pseudo-holiday that most people don't know about?

The man has pushed racial division in America from the very get-go (birther) why would this be any different?

Ah, I see.

(06-12-2020, 10:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 09:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd chalk it up do ignorance if he didn't just plan a rally in Tulsa on Juneteenth.

I grew up in Jacksonville and my family subscribed to the newspaper.
The Florida times Union printed at least one article commemorating juneteenth every year. usually there was a picture of recently freed slaves to go along with it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-12-2020, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I grew up in Jacksonville and my family subscribed to the newspaper.
The Florida times Union printed at least one article commemorating juneteenth every year. usually there was a picture of recently freed slaves to go along with it.

We were too poor to get the newspaper.

(06-12-2020, 06:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We were too poor to get the newspaper.

We would wait a week and take our neighbors bird cage paper after they threw it out. Never understood how Mom could afford raisins for the cereal the next day. We suspect she sold the paper to a stupid family that were too poor to get the paper.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 06:51 PM by mikesez.)

(06-12-2020, 06:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: I grew up in Jacksonville and my family subscribed to the newspaper.

We were too poor to get the newspaper.

Must have been nice.

(06-12-2020, 06:33 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 06:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We were too poor to get the newspaper.

We would wait a week and take our neighbors bird cage paper after they threw it out. Never understood how Mom could afford raisins for the cereal the next day. We suspect she sold the paper to a stupid family that were too poor to get the paper.

But that doesn't sound so nice.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 08:04 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Never heard of ax handle Saturday, but trump is a racist!. They picked Jacksonville just so he could accept the nomination on Ax handle Saturday.

NYC has TDS to the point of no coming back.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 10:59 PM by mikesez.)

(06-12-2020, 08:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Never heard of ax handle Saturday,  but trump is a racist!. They picked Jacksonville just so he could accept the nomination on Ax handle Saturday.

NYC has TDS to the point of no coming back.

I'd never heard of it either, but, maybe they should have taught us in school?
I know there were lots of similar incidents all over the south in those years.
But the schools did try to teach stuff specific to jacksonville, like about the Timucuans and Jean Ribault and the railroads and papermills and lots of other important parts of the city's history...
In high school I had a classmate on a mission to inform all of us of Johnnie Mae Chappel but it was definitely not on any official curriculum

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2020, 12:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

We had previously scheduled our #MAGA Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, for June 19th – a big deal. Unfortunately, however, this would fall on the Juneteenth Holiday. Many of my African American friends and supporters have reached out to suggest that we consider changing the date out...

Welp, guess we will have to find another way to accuse him of being a racist....

NYC is chalking up giant L's lately.

Now it looks like there is a possibility that it might not happen in Jacksonville.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/n...b7cdb8c38e

"President Donald Trump said Tuesday the GOP is "always looking at different things" when discussing whether the Republican National Convention will still be hosted in Florida as cases of COVID-19 spike in the state."

Lots of talk about moving this thing outdoor....

... in August

Oooofff

Good luck making that look good on TV , RNC stylists

(07-09-2020, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of talk about moving this thing outdoor....

... in August

Oooofff

Meh... I really couldn't care less about the Republican convention.  I'm looking forward more to the debates... assuming Biden comes out of his basement to debate.  That will be TV gold.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-09-2020, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of talk about moving this thing outdoor....

... in August

Oooofff

One of the spots being considered is TIAA Bank Field. @HURRICANE!'s joke about tarps and Trump's attendance shortfalls is even funnier now.