Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP convention in Jacksonville is ‘tentatively’ a done deal

(07-10-2020, 03:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 02:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He's satirizing Trump.  Trump used the same fraction.  

Trump's tweet:

"For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!"

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation! Maybe you have some insight into his odd usage of vaguely Nazi-like language as well?

Marty already answered your questions, but to add, I was clearly mocking Trump in a whataboutism response to your post about Biden's declining mental ability.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's surprising to me that the Trump campaign doesn't seem to realize that having big rallies right now makes most of the potential voters recoil in horror. It's just not a good look right now.

(07-11-2020, 08:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's surprising to me that the Trump campaign doesn't seem to realize that having big rallies right now makes most of the potential voters recoil in horror.   It's just not a good look right now.

He's appealing to the "I done seent me a video on the youtubes and now I'm smarter than 800,000 scientists and doctors" crowd.

(07-11-2020, 08:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's surprising to me that the Trump campaign doesn't seem to realize that having big rallies right now makes most of the potential voters recoil in horror.   It's just not a good look right now.

He cancelled his latest rally. Try to keep up.

(07-11-2020, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

He cancelled his latest rally. Try to keep up.

I'm talking about having the Republican Convention in Jacksonville with a big crowd present.  They really need to just cancel the thing, because if they go through with it, as cases spike in Duval County, that is not a good look.  I'm surprised they are persisting with this idea.  But I am guessing that since he has surrounded himself with yes-men, and purged everyone who would ever tell him the unvarnished truth, nobody has the nerve to tell him it's not a good idea.

(07-11-2020, 09:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He cancelled his latest rally. Try to keep up.

I'm talking about having the Republican Convention in Jacksonville with a big crowd present.  They really need to just cancel the thing, because if they go through with it, as cases spike in Duval County, that is not a good look.  I'm surprised they are persisting with this idea.  But I am guessing that since he has surrounded himself with yes-men, and purged everyone who would ever tell him the unvarnished truth, nobody has the nerve to tell him it's not a good idea.

It can be a modified version. Stores are packed every day. What's the difference?

It's quite funny how the armchair campaigners sit over here and criticize the man who pulled off the greatest electoral upset in recorded history.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Have the convention attendees carry some signs about 'down with the man' or something, break a few windows and all will be well.

(07-11-2020, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's quite funny how the armchair campaigners sit over here and criticize the man who pulled off the greatest electoral upset in recorded history.  invited foreign governments to corrupt a presidential election. 

fixed

(07-11-2020, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's quite funny how the armchair campaigners sit over here and criticize the man who pulled off the greatest electoral upset in recorded history.  invited foreign governments to corrupt a presidential election. 

fixed

As Reagan said, you know so much that isn't so.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-11-2020, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

fixed

You have one of the most severe cases of TDS I have ever seen.

(07-11-2020, 10:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: fixed

You have one of the most severe cases of TDS I have ever seen.

He really doesn't, he's just scared. Fear does terrible things to people, the first of which is remove all reason. It's why politicians of every stripe work so hard to stoke and foment it.

(07-11-2020, 10:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 10:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You have one of the most severe cases of TDS I have ever seen.

He really doesn't, he's just scared. Fear does terrible things to people, the first of which is remove all reason. It's why politicians of every stripe work so hard to stoke and foment it.

What is it that you think I'm fearing? 

I'd like to know. 

I read fear laden posts here all the time about some marxist agenda coming from the far left to steal Americans' freedom.  I think that's horse [BLEEP]. Our system is built to withstand any would be attempt. 

What am I afraid of? 

COVID-19? 
No. 
Not afraid. 
I simply prioritize lives and money opposite of your method. 

Afraid of conservative politics? 
No. 
I was a Republican at one time and was raised in a very conservative environment. 
Most of my family are conservative and I have no issue reconciling our differences. 

I'm not coming from a place of fear in any way. 
I simply hate seeing racism and corruption taking firm root in our White House. But it has. 
It's plain and obvious for anyone to see. The man who should be seeking to unify and lead our nation through crisis seeks to divide and serve only his pet interests - often through blatant corruption and unprecedented ethical violations. 
He's duped millions into believing "journalism is bad" so that he can deflect all of his inevitable bad press and continue to be corrupt with virtual impunity. 

It's absolutely disgusting, and I'm amazed more good people are unable to see this deplorable man for what he is.

How is this fear? 

I simply don't want to be led by a corrupt fool.

(07-11-2020, 10:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 10:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He really doesn't, he's just scared. Fear does terrible things to people, the first of which is remove all reason. It's why politicians of every stripe work so hard to stoke and foment it.

What is it that you think I'm fearing? 

I'd like to know. 

I read fear laden posts here all the time about some marxist agenda coming from the far left to steal Americans' freedom.  I think that's horse [BLEEP]. Our system is built to withstand any would be attempt. 

What am I afraid of? 

COVID-19? 
No. 
Not afraid. 

No. 
I was a Republican at one time and was raised in a very conservative environment. 
Most of my family are conservative and I have no issue reconciling our differences. 

I simply hate seeing racism and corruption taking firm root in our White House. But it has. 
It's plain and obvious for anyone to see. The man who should be seeking to unify and lead our nation through crisis seeks to divide and serve only his pet interests - often through blatant corruption and unprecedented ethical violations. 
He's duped millions into believing "journalism is bad" so that he can deflect all of his inevitable bad press and continue to be corrupt with virtual impunity. 

It's absolutely disgusting, and I'm amazed more good people are unable to see this deplorable man for what he is.

How is this fear? 

Speaking of the far left stealing freedoms....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-coup...rch-report

(07-11-2020, 11:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 10:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What is it that you think I'm fearing? 

I'd like to know. 

What am I afraid of? 

COVID-19? 
No. 
Not afraid. 

No. 

How is this fear? 

Speaking of the far left stealing freedoms....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-coup...rch-report

Yes those idiots have a long history of being fearful of a lot of things. 

She sure wasn’t scared to pint a pistol at her husbands head repeatedly in the video of this incident (with her finger on the trigger) 
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status...22784?s=21

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 07:12 AM by The Real Marty.)

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...y-for-rnc/

Sheriff says Jacksonville not ready to provide security for RNC

On Monday, Williams cited lack of clear plans, inadequate funding and an insufficient amount of law enforcement personnel to handle the delegates, visitors and potential protesters that the RNC would attract to Jacksonville.  

“With a growing list of challenges -- be it financial, with communication, with the timeline -- I cannot say with confidence that this event or our community will not be at risk,” Williams said. “I don’t have the ability to call off the convention but I don’t have what I need to keep us safe.”

“We are tasked with, obviously, keeping the events safe, keeping our community safe during the event. I can tell you in this current configuration. I don’t feel comfortable we can do that,” Williams said.

Hahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/TenikkaANjax/status/...18402?s=19

(07-23-2020, 05:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hahahahahahaha

Seriously, what could you possibly find so funny about that? Please expound.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Can’t believe he’s canceling because of the flu. Crazy.

I think he's canceling because of the optics. He needed to do this sooner.