Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle has fallen.....

(07-10-2020, 08:36 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: But your defensiveness only proves how racist you are.... don't you know?

If not wanting to be "trained" by an employer to undo my "whiteness" is being rasict then so be it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-08-2020, 08:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Do not click on this link if you are a POC. White people only!

I'll just leave this here. WOW!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(07-14-2020, 11:39 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 08:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Do not click on this link if you are a POC. White people only!

Leftism is a self defeating circle; there’s always a problem until the solutions become the problems. It’s a spiraling vortex of flushed water.

(07-14-2020, 11:39 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

As Joe Biden would say, poor people can get just as sick as white people!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/seattle...olice-cuts

I hope the best for Seattle, I really do. I'm also curious to see how these kinds of deep cuts to the police budget will fare for the average citizen. My guy feeling is it will turn out bad. What Seattle doesn't seem to understand is that while the city's current environment may be able to maintain the status quo in the short term using "community safety programs", it will also serve as a beacon to those who will exploit that reduction in police presence for criminal enterprise.

Bless Seattle for being willing to subject themselves to this kind of social experimentation. But it's not the people who are making these decisions who will suffer the consequences, it will be Joe Taxpayer. Then again, you get who you vote for.

(09-23-2020, 08:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/seattle...olice-cuts

I hope the best for Seattle, I really do. I'm also curious to see how these kinds of deep cuts to the police budget will fare for the average citizen. My guy feeling is it will turn out bad. What Seattle doesn't seem to understand is that while the city's current environment may be able to maintain the status quo in the short term using "community safety programs", it will also serve as a beacon to those who will exploit that reduction in police presence for criminal enterprise.

Bless Seattle for being willing to subject themselves to this kind of social experimentation. But it's not the people who are making these decisions who will suffer the consequences, it will be Joe Taxpayer. Then again, you get who you vote for.

So if one of those council members family members is brutally attacked and decapitated... are they going to the community safety programs and ask for help? Or the homicide detective that now has no resources to find the people responsible?

(09-23-2020, 08:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/seattle...olice-cuts

I feel bad for the people who didn't vote for that leadership. I try to imagine what Florida would be like had 30,000 more people showed up to vote for Andrew Gillum.

Elections have consequences, but public safety should never be one of those.

(09-23-2020, 08:09 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

So if one of those council members family members is brutally attacked and decapitated... are they going to the community safety programs and ask for help? Or the homicide detective that now has no resources to find the people responsible?

Intuition tells me that in the next few years Seattle will suffer a TDS hangover.

Personally, I think it would be great if safety programs and mental health advisors could prevent crime and social ills. I have no doubt that some good insight and practices will come of this. But at what cost? There's nothing wrong with exploring and changing policing paradigms if it can truly produce more effective results, but in a more controlled fashion that slashing police budgets in half. We shall see. Everyone will be watching Seattle, that's for sure.

You can't make this stuff up!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-23-2020, 12:33 PM)Jagwired Wrote: You can't make this stuff up!
When i opened the article,  my first thought was "Anthony Barr was a Pump?"
And then I thought, he still is.
s
;

;

(07-08-2020, 05:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: 1) They are not ignoring it.  
2) Black children are murdered every weekend.  It's not unusual, so it doesn't rise to the top of the news.  But I have seen it all over the mainstream media.  

I know this is an old post. If it doesn’t ride to the top because it’s so frequent, and police shootings of blacks also happen often, shouldn’t it stand to reason that those shootings shouldn’t be news either?

Poor Portland. I almost feel sorry for the good taxpayers who have to endure the protests and the spineless public servants who allow this wanton destruction. They wanted to be Seattle Lite. Well, they're getting it. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-prot...ay-of-rage

(10-12-2020, 08:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Poor Portland. I almost feel sorry for the good taxpayers who have to endure the protests and the spineless public servants who allow this wanton destruction. They wanted to be Seattle Lite. Well, they're getting it. 

I wonder if they will topple a Columbus statue, then take his holiday to celebrate their work.

I feel sorry for the normal people in the area who don't have the means to leave.

(10-12-2020, 08:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 08:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Poor Portland. I almost feel sorry for the good taxpayers who have to endure the protests and the spineless public servants who allow this wanton destruction. They wanted to be Seattle Lite. Well, they're getting it. 

I wonder if they will topple a Columbus statue, then take his holiday to celebrate their work.

I feel sorry for the normal people in the area who don't have the means to leave.
It's always the northern, liberal states that celebrate holidays like this. In the south, most people don't have Columbus day off and yet the liberals hate Columbus for something that happened a long time ago and you can't change.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(10-12-2020, 08:52 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 08:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I wonder if they will topple a Columbus statue, then take his holiday to celebrate their work.

It's always the northern, liberal states that celebrate holidays like this. In the south, most people don't have Columbus day off and yet the liberals hate Columbus for something that happened a long time ago and you can't change.

October 12th is still a holiday in most countries in the western hemisphere, but, the US is the only country that still calls it "Columbus Day".  For over 100 years, most Latin American Countries have called it "Día de la raza" instead.  They are celebrating themselves, rather than celebrating Columbus.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-12-2020, 10:39 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 08:52 AM)p_rushing Wrote: It's always the northern, liberal states that celebrate holidays like this. In the south, most people don't have Columbus day off and yet the liberals hate Columbus for something that happened a long time ago and you can't change.

October 12th is still a holiday in most countries in the western hemisphere, but, the US is the only country that still calls it "Columbus Day".  For over 100 years, most Latin American Countries have called it "Día de la raza" instead.  They are celebrating themselves, rather than celebrating Columbus.

Sounds racist.

(10-12-2020, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 10:39 AM)mikesez Wrote: October 12th is still a holiday in most countries in the western hemisphere, but, the US is the only country that still calls it "Columbus Day".  For over 100 years, most Latin American Countries have called it "Día de la raza" instead.  They are celebrating themselves, rather than celebrating Columbus.

Sounds racist.

Fricking guappos.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So now they are rooting and looting in Philly in defense of a guy who tried to attack cops with a knife and was shot and killed?

(10-28-2020, 09:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So now they are rooting and looting in Philly in defense of a guy who tried to attack cops with a knife and was shot and killed?

This according to a BBC article: The bolded description contradicts his actions that have led to repeated arrests, mental evals and treatment and jail time. I get that he was bipolar and that will jack you up even when you're being treated, but he was no homebody. Should he have been tazed rather than shot? Yes, and I'm sure Philly PD will address the issue of why their officers didn't carry tazers. I've seen the crazy that bipolar can bring and it's quite possible the officers felt threatened not by just the knife but by his aggressive manner. I guess we'll see if they release the bodycam footage. 

Who was Walter Wallace?

Mr Wallace was an aspiring rapper, and often recorded songs on issues including gun and police violence and racial injustice, according to relatives and neighbours, who described him as a "quiet, family man".

The Inquirer reported he was a father of eight who had been in and out of court throughout his adult life. He was awaiting trial for allegedly making threats, but this had been delayed repeatedly because of the coronavirus pandemic.

He pleaded guilty to robbery, assault and possessing an instrument of crime in 2017 after kicking down a woman's door and putting a gun to her head, Philadelphia's ABC affiliate WPVI reports. He was sentenced to 11-23 months behind bars, with a judge requiring mental health supervision.

In 2013, he pleaded guilty to assault and resisting arrest after punching a police officer in the face, the broadcaster reported, saying that a judge had ordered him to undergo psychiatric evaluation and treatment.

"I do know that he was on a regimen of lithium and that says to me he was under a doctor's care," the family lawyer said after the shooting, citing a medicine used in the treatment for conditions including bipolar disorder.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 03:03 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(10-28-2020, 10:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 09:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So now they are rooting and looting in Philly in defense of a guy who tried to attack cops with a knife and was shot and killed?

This according to a BBC article: The bolded description contradicts his actions that have led to repeated arrests, mental evals and treatment and jail time. I get that he was bipolar and that will jack you up even when you're being treated, but he was no homebody. Should he have been tazed rather than shot? Yes, and I'm sure Philly PD will address the issue of why their officers didn't carry tazers. I've seen the crazy that bipolar can bring and it's quite possible the officers felt threatened not by just the knife but by his aggressive manner. I guess we'll see if they release the bodycam footage. 

Who was Walter Wallace?

Mr Wallace was an aspiring rapper, and often recorded songs on issues including gun and police violence and racial injustice, according to relatives and neighbours, who described him as a "quiet, family man".

The Inquirer reported he was a father of eight who had been in and out of court throughout his adult life. He was awaiting trial for allegedly making threats, but this had been delayed repeatedly because of the coronavirus pandemic.

He pleaded guilty to robbery, assault and possessing an instrument of crime in 2017 after kicking down a woman's door and putting a gun to her head, Philadelphia's ABC affiliate WPVI reports. He was sentenced to 11-23 months behind bars, with a judge requiring mental health supervision.

In 2013, he pleaded guilty to assault and resisting arrest after punching a police officer in the face, the broadcaster reported, saying that a judge had ordered him to undergo psychiatric evaluation and treatment.

"I do know that he was on a regimen of lithium and that says to me he was under a doctor's care," the family lawyer said after the shooting, citing a medicine used in the treatment for conditions including bipolar disorder.

They said on court TV live that due to budget cuts 2/3rds of the Philadelphia police force do not have tazers.. You can't make this [BLEEP] up. This is what happens when you defund the police. We should be giving them more tools in their toolbelt.. Preferably more less lethal options. (it's 2020, new technology needs to be created. These cops didn't even have a less lethal option, before they pulled their sidearm.. That's ridiculous, how do we expect these people to do their jobs if we aren't even properly funding/supplying them.  Think about it, if those Cops just had tazers, that guy might still be alive right now. Defunding the police will only further cost lives. It'll be a "perp gets shot and killed.. mass riot" never ending cycle.