Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle has fallen.....

(06-11-2020, 05:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 04:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Different cities have different problems.  Seattle is actually doing extremely well by some measures. Even now.  It's not "run into the ground" by any stretch. You seem to want to score a point on behalf of a national party by discussing a local issue.  Local issues and national issues are totally different.  You can have a typically Republican attitude about one and a typically Democrat attitude about the other.

Evidently you haven't been to Seattle recently.  It's not as bad of a [BLEEP] hole like San Francisco, but pretty close.  The homeless "city" in tents under the overpasses near their stadium is quite the sight.

(06-11-2020, 04:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: They haven't even tried rubber bullets yet.
No need to go all the way to rifle rounds from here.

Rubber bullets became forbidden because they were deemed "excessive force".  We certainly can't bruise the anarchists that are extorting local businesses and harassing residents of the area.

You left out the "by some measures" part.  Lots of jobs in Seattle.  Mostly good schools.  Not bad crime rates. But yeah, homelessness is a big negative across the west coast.  Funny how no one wants to discuss why that is, just blame it on Democrats!

And "excessive" depends on the situation.  If you're trying to stop a jaywalking kid, rubber bullets are a bad idea.  If you're trying to break a human barricade across a man street, they might not be excessive at all. 

The theme to both of these is you want to rush to judgement instead of noticing any subtlety to what I'm saying.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And OFCOURSE the police chief in Seattle is a female POC....

#reasons

(06-11-2020, 06:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 05:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Evidently you haven't been to Seattle recently.  It's not as bad of a [BLEEP] hole like San Francisco, but pretty close.  The homeless "city" in tents under the overpasses near their stadium is quite the sight.

Rubber bullets became forbidden because they were deemed "excessive force".  We certainly can't bruise the anarchists that are extorting local businesses and harassing residents of the area.

You left out the "by some measures" part.  Lots of jobs in Seattle.  Mostly good schools.  Not bad crime rates. But yeah, homelessness is a big negative across the west coast.  Funny how no one wants to discuss why that is, just blame it on Democrats!

And "excessive" depends on the situation.  If you're trying to stop a jaywalking kid, rubber bullets are a bad idea.  If you're trying to break a human barricade across a man street, they might not be excessive at all. 

The theme to both of these is you want to rush to judgement instead of noticing any subtlety to what I'm saying.

It's funny how liberal democrats like you don't point out the high taxes in the area.  Sure there are lots of jobs... well paying jobs.  However, much of those earnings are confiscated via the high taxes in the area.

Have you ever been there?  Recently?  The place is turning into a [BLEEP] hole much like your girl Nancy Pelosi's district in San Francisco.  [BLEEP] in the street or on the sidewalks?  No big deal.  Here's a fresh needle for your drugs.  Own property or earn a paycheck?  Pay the taxes.

As I said before, these anarchists (antifa) need to be taken down and locked up with whatever force is necessary.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-11-2020, 07:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: And OFCOURSE the police chief in Seattle is a female POC....  

#reasons

#Maybe Yours

(06-11-2020, 07:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: And OFCOURSE the police chief in Seattle is a female POC....  

#reasons

I think I'm going to have to start calling you Uncle Ruckus.

(06-11-2020, 07:14 PM)TJBender Wrote:

#reasons

I think I'm going to have to start calling you Uncle Ruckus.

???

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 08:58 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Do you need a passport to go to Chaz?

Tucker just said Chaz is receiving foreign aid already because the city is providing toilets. Haha

(06-11-2020, 07:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 06:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: You left out the "by some measures" part.  Lots of jobs in Seattle.  Mostly good schools.  Not bad crime rates. But yeah, homelessness is a big negative across the west coast.  Funny how no one wants to discuss why that is, just blame it on Democrats!

It's funny how liberal democrats like you don't point out the high taxes in the area.  Sure there are lots of jobs... well paying jobs.  However, much of those earnings are confiscated via the high taxes in the area.

Have you ever been there?  Recently?  The place is turning into a [BLEEP] hole much like your girl Nancy Pelosi's district in San Francisco.  [BLEEP] in the street or on the sidewalks?  No big deal.  Here's a fresh needle for your drugs.  Own property or earn a paycheck?  Pay the taxes.

As I said before, these anarchists (antifa) need to be taken down and locked up with whatever force is necessary.

When was your last visit to Seattle or San Francisco?

Are you 100% sure Antifa is behind the Seattle situation, or a myth like what happened in Idaho?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

#reasons

What's your point? That she couldn't possibly be qualified?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-11-2020, 08:03 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 07:14 PM)TJBender Wrote: I think I'm going to have to start calling you Uncle Ruckus.

???

I got the reference.

(06-11-2020, 07:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 06:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: You left out the "by some measures" part.  Lots of jobs in Seattle.  Mostly good schools.  Not bad crime rates. But yeah, homelessness is a big negative across the west coast.  Funny how no one wants to discuss why that is, just blame it on Democrats!

It's funny how you need to mischaracterize me as a liberal Democrat before you proceed to misunderstand then dismiss my POV.  Like, you don't have to do that. You're free to misunderstand and dismiss whatever you want. You don't have to miscategorize it as liberal or democratic first.

There is no state income tax in WA. Property tax rates are lower than FL, but assessments tend to be much higher.  Seattle just passed an income tax, it's only on income over about $250,000 and it's less than 3%. But that's just Seattle. Other areas of the state don't have that.  

In short, It's not the taxes, stupid. It's the zoning.

(06-11-2020, 02:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 12:59 PM)wrong_box Wrote: ok so surround their "area" with national gaurd or should I say ENOUGH national gaurd to hold them in their area and choke them off...Allow no one inside and only people  wanting out of that area to come out an arrest them IF they are part of the occupying force such as people who live in the area or business owners...eventually they will get hungry and run out of supplies...Cut the power off to that area too...cut the water off, and internet off...Eventually their phones would go dead, have no food or water or supplies to keep on...Then when they give up arrest them and give them long sentences...allow people with medical needs out as well

There is a huge problem with that.  These thugs are forcefully demanding people that actually live there show ID to "prove" that they belong there.  They are extorting money from businesses for "protection".

Isn't it odd that the only major news outlet reporting any of this is FOX News?  I scanned CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC with not a word or headline about this.

I think it's time for the National Guard to move in and take the area back by force using any means necessary.  Make an example out of these idiots.
I would like to see them beg for mercy like the cowards that they are...I would like to see them squirm and try to negotiate once they had no power, water, or food, or toiletries. or sewer and still try to save face...I would love to see them start singing like songbirds about who pays them, who sets their agendas, who contacts them and how...

(06-11-2020, 05:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 04:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Different cities have different problems.  Seattle is actually doing extremely well by some measures. Even now.  It's not "run into the ground" by any stretch. You seem to want to score a point on behalf of a national party by discussing a local issue.  Local issues and national issues are totally different.  You can have a typically Republican attitude about one and a typically Democrat attitude about the other.

Evidently you haven't been to Seattle recently.  It's not as bad of a [BLEEP] hole like San Francisco, but pretty close.  The homeless "city" in tents under the overpasses near their stadium is quite the sight.

(06-11-2020, 04:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: They haven't even tried rubber bullets yet.
No need to go all the way to rifle rounds from here.

You need better sources of news. It's not hard to look for that info either

(06-11-2020, 09:08 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

#reasons

What's your point? That she couldn't possibly be qualified?

No!  My point is that it's hard to see "systemic racism" in minority lead institutions!  Same thing in minneapolis, Atlanta etc.  In most of these large cities black and brown Americans have ascended to political power, and high positions within police departments.  The idea that we have "institutional racism" is asinine in 2020.

[Image: EaXHP3OWoAI-FwC?format=jpg&name=large]

It's so cute how the Einsteins of CHAZ have already discovered borders and segregation! Don't they grow up so fast? It's like they became what they opposed in damn near record time!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2020, 09:42 AM by mikesez.)

(06-12-2020, 12:08 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 02:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: There is a huge problem with that.  These thugs are forcefully demanding people that actually live there show ID to "prove" that they belong there.  They are extorting money from businesses for "protection".

Isn't it odd that the only major news outlet reporting any of this is FOX News?  I scanned CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC with not a word or headline about this.

I think it's time for the National Guard to move in and take the area back by force using any means necessary.  Make an example out of these idiots.
I would like to see them beg for mercy like the cowards that they are...I would like to see them squirm and try to negotiate once they had no power, water, or food, or toiletries. or sewer and still try to save face...I would love to see them start singing like songbirds about who pays them, who sets their agendas, who contacts them and how...

And what if they just slowly let all the police in normal people back in, and it turns out that all their food and supplies came from small local donations and this whole thing turns out to have been just a week-long block party?

Probably wouldn't satisfy your blood lust...

A college friend of mine lives a few trai stops away from this CHAZ.
he says public transportation is running normally next to this six block zone,
He walked in to the zone from the train station and no one checked his ID.
He says there are barricades preventing cars from entering, but pedestrians can come and go as they please.
He says he saw police officers walking in and out of the police station without any problem.

(06-13-2020, 09:35 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 12:08 AM)wrong_box Wrote: I would like to see them beg for mercy like the cowards that they are...I would like to see them squirm and try to negotiate once they had no power, water, or food, or toiletries. or sewer and still try to save face...I would love to see them start singing like songbirds about who pays them, who sets their agendas, who contacts them and how...

And what if they just slowly let all the police in normal people back in, and it turns out that all their food and supplies came from small local donations and this whole thing turns out to have been just a week-long block party?

A college friend of mine lives a few trai  stops away from this CHAZ.
He says there are barricades preventing cars from entering, but pedestrians can come and go as they please.
He says he saw police officers walking in and out of the police station without any problem.

Translation: Your friend moved to CHAZ.

Translation. Communist thinks Utopia is going well. Just needs more time.

(06-13-2020, 11:56 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Translation. Communist thinks Utopia is going well. Just needs more time.

I don't think my friend who moved to Seattle is a communist.

(06-13-2020, 09:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 09:35 AM)mikesez Wrote: And what if they just slowly let all the police in normal people back in, and it turns out that all their food and supplies came from small local donations and this whole thing turns out to have been just a week-long block party?

A college friend of mine lives a few trai  stops away from this CHAZ.

Translation: Your friend moved to CHAZ.

In fairness, they do advertise free punch and pie.