Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
$700 Billion, Undisclosed Recipients

Looks like they've changed their mind and will disclose who got amounts over $150,000.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/politics/...index.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-12-2020, 06:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Isn't it reasonable to want to know where that money went?  And why the coverup?  One can only speculate that there is widespread fraud, and there are numerous companies who got the money who didn't need it, and powerful people don't want the list of recipients disclosed.  

All you guys worried about the looting... this is the mother of all looting.  While you guys are watching some guy snatching a TV set, or some woman stealing baby diapers, $700 billion went who knows where.

This is our government, and our money, and someone just took a gigantic wad of our money, handed it out, and won't tell us who got that money.

I don’t believe anyone disagrees with you.  This is not a right vs left issue if that is what you are alluding to though.  This is the “swamp” pure and simple.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-20-2020, 08:27 AM)copycat Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 06:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Isn't it reasonable to want to know where that money went?  And why the coverup?  One can only speculate that there is widespread fraud, and there are numerous companies who got the money who didn't need it, and powerful people don't want the list of recipients disclosed.  

All you guys worried about the looting... this is the mother of all looting.  While you guys are watching some guy snatching a TV set, or some woman stealing baby diapers, $700 billion went who knows where.

This is our government, and our money, and someone just took a gigantic wad of our money, handed it out, and won't tell us who got that money.

I don’t believe anyone disagrees with you.  This is not a right vs left issue if that is what you are alluding to though.  This is the “swamp” pure and simple.

This wasn't the swamp, unless you count the Trump administration as part of the swamp, because they are the ones who refused to disclose who got the money.   

Thankfully, they have now relented.

(06-20-2020, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 08:27 AM)copycat Wrote: I don’t believe anyone disagrees with you.  This is not a right vs left issue if that is what you are alluding to though.  This is the “swamp” pure and simple.

This wasn't the swamp, unless you count the Trump administration as part of the swamp, because they are the ones who refused to disclose who got the money.   

IMO, DC protecting DC “IS” the swamp.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-20-2020, 06:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Looks like they've changed their mind and will disclose who got amounts over $150,000.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/politics/...index.html

I'd rather disclose who got anything over $0.01

This. ^

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 06:47 AM by The Real Marty.)

Okay, so they've release the names of recipients who got more an a certain amount.  

There's one that I find pretty humourous:  The Ayn Rand Institute!  I guess libertarian principles go out the door when there's free money from the government.  

The other notable thing to me: I read some of the notable names on this list, and it looks like they just handed out money to anyone who wanted some.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/coronavi...eased.html

This plan was a disaster. I get so annoyed by our government. I just can't wrap my brain around why people want more of it.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/12804...04640?s=20

This is especially unnerving for me. 
I have lost about 32K in income so far due to COVID-19.  There is no end in sight right now for my unemployment unless  I take a job outside of the field I studied in college and have worked in for 25 years.  
Federal PUA and FL unemployment have paid me $7,200. I'd be in trouble with out that. 

Here's where it gets interesting. 
I was "approved" for an SBA EIDL loan of 23K which would have returned me to some sense of financial normalcy even if I had to repay the loan at 4% interest. 

Then the loan was declined. 

The reason cited was my credit rating. 

My credit rating isn't bad but it was dinged a bit since I've been out of work for 3 months and three weeks now. 

I can't get a LOAN for 23K but Kanye West, mega churches, and Ukrainian money laundering fronts are getting millions.  
This system is broken. 

(if you're curious why my credit rating took a dip - I arranged an agreement with one of my creditors at their suggestion to forego my monthly payment for two months while awaiting unemployment funds. I didn't pay the bill for two months as agreed and then paid the full retroactive amount when I was able. The account was nonetheless reported as delinquent.)

(07-07-2020, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/12804...04640?s=20

This is especially unnerving for me. 
I have lost about 32K in income so far due to COVID-19.  There is no end in sight right now for my unemployment unless  I take a job outside of the field I studied in college and have worked in for 25 years.  
Federal PUA and FL unemployment have paid me $7,200. I'd be in trouble with out that. 

Here's where it gets interesting. 
I was "approved" for an SBA EIDL loan of 23K which would have returned me to some sense of financial normalcy even if I had to repay the loan at 4% interest. 

Then the loan was declined. 

The reason cited was my credit rating. 

My credit rating isn't bad but it was dinged a bit since I've been out of work for 3 months and three weeks now. 

I can't get a LOAN for 23K but Kanye West, mega churches, and Ukrainian money laundering fronts are getting millions.  
This system is broken. 

(if you're curious why my credit rating took a dip - I arranged an agreement with one of my creditors at their suggestion to forego my monthly payment for two months while awaiting unemployment funds. I didn't pay the bill for two months as agreed and then paid the full retroactive amount when I was able. The account was nonetheless reported as delinquent.)

[BLEEP] holes.

(07-07-2020, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: (if you're curious why my credit rating took a dip - I arranged an agreement with one of my creditors at their suggestion to forego my monthly payment for two months while awaiting unemployment funds. I didn't pay the bill for two months as agreed and then paid the full retroactive amount when I was able. The account was nonetheless reported as delinquent.)

Now this would really piss me off!! I would let the card issuer know that if that negative report was not remedied I would sue their [BLEEP] for false reporting and stop all repayment to them.

Also , meanwhile, my 85 year old father, who still pays income taxes by the way has not received his either.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-20-2020, 08:48 AM)copycat Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This wasn't the swamp, unless you count the Trump administration as part of the swamp, because they are the ones who refused to disclose who got the money.   

IMO, DC protecting DC “IS” the swamp.

This was not just DC protecting DC. This was the Trump administration protecting itself. You know, the swamp drainers.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-07-2020, 10:50 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 08:48 AM)copycat Wrote: IMO, DC protecting DC “IS” the swamp.

This was not just DC protecting DC. This was the Trump administration protecting itself. You know, the swamp drainers.

Agreed.  As any student of history knows, over the past several millennia, several times, invaders have conquered and taken over China, only to be absorbed into the population to the extent that they eventually become Chinese.  China was the ultimate swamp.  

Same thing has happened with Trump.  He and his minions are now part of the swamp.  Of course, that's assuming they were ever not part of the swamp.

Now we know where some of that money from the paycheck protection loans went. Apparently a man in Florida fraudently obtained four million dollars in loans and used some of that money to buy a Lamborghini with it:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1287955975568338944

The nice part is that this is just "a man in Florida" and not some rich, well-connected elite. This means he will be prosecuted and convicted. That's a sweet ride, though.