Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump retweets video of his supporter yelling "White Power!"

(06-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote: So this thread is really, If you are orange man bad and in support of the Nazi, white trash, cracker yelling  crowd the hate speech is fine. If not, not so much? [BLEEP] hypocrites up in here.

No.

This thread is "63 million Americans were duped into voting for a man that loves to post racist rhetoric because it roils a segment of his base."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-30-2020, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote: So this thread is really, If you are orange man bad and in support of the Nazi, white trash, cracker yelling  crowd the hate speech is fine. If not, not so much? [BLEEP] hypocrites up in here.

No.

This thread is "63 million Americans were duped into voting for a man that loves to post racist rhetoric because it roils a segment of his base."
“Oh wait.... I accidentally tweeted something racist... oh no... how could I...”

Did any of our Leftist posters here actually watch the video?

It's something everyone should see. Two geriatric groups who's only real difference is politics. The ones on the Right are parading in golf carts waving American flags and Trump campaign signs. They are being polite. The ones on the Left are shouting "F-you nazi" and other profanities.

The Left on the video are all full of hate and are willing to go to any extreme to promote their hate. That's the real story here.

Yet somehow the Leftist on this board defend their haters and make it all about one toss-away reply from a guy who was being bombarded with insults.

I was outraged at the murder of George Floyd. I have been outraged at the excesses the police sometimes go to. But after reading all of my Leftist posters who I considered friends here defending the rioting and the hatred being spewed, I'm through with it. No more sympathy for the George Floyds of the world from me.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-30-2020, 12:16 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Did any of our Leftist posters here actually watch the video?

It's something everyone should see. Two geriatric groups who's only real difference is politics. The ones on the Right are parading in golf carts waving American flags and Trump campaign signs. They are being polite. The ones on the Left are shouting "F-you nazi" and other profanities.

The Left on the video are all full of hate and are willing to go to any extreme to promote their hate. That's the real story here.

Yet somehow the Leftist on this board defend their haters and make it all about one toss-away reply from a guy who was being bombarded with insults.

I was outraged at the murder of George Floyd. I have been outraged at the excesses the police sometimes go to. But after reading all of my Leftist posters who I considered friends here defending the rioting and the hatred being spewed, I'm through with it. No more sympathy for the George Floyds of the world from me.

You will be made to care, whether you like it or not.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-30-2020, 12:16 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Did any of our Leftist posters here actually watch the video?

White power. Am I right?

(06-30-2020, 12:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

White power. Am I right?

[Image: MeekQuestionableGalapagosdove-small.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ok, time for a counterpoint.

I have swung way left over the last few months. Know why? Our racist, scumbag criminal of a do-nothing [BLEEP] President hasn't done himself any favors. People pulling their truck in front of a man so they could murder him and being defended for doing so didn't help keep me in the middle. A pig kneeling on a man's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds didn't help. The riots? Riots are the language of those democracy has forgotten. The looting? [BLEEP] those guys. Looting is never excusable outside of the most extreme of situations. Ignoring a pandemic until (and after) it got here, then downplaying it and ignoring his own top advisers to the point where now we're at over 100,000 dead and counting? And empowering those who don't want to do the one simple [BLEEP] thing that can (and does) save lives, putting a [BLEEP] piece of cloth over your mouth and nose in public? Yeah, no one opposed to wearing a mask because...freedom?...is making the right look any more appealing. A President who's been presented with an unprecedented series of crises, the kind that great men step up to and cowards hide behind Twitter for, retweeting a video where in the first goddamned ten seconds someone is shouting "white power" and being unavailable to delete it because he had turned his phone off to go golfing?! All of this going on, now word of bounties from foreign powers against US assets, and the best he can do is Tweet, golf, gas peaceful protesters for a photo op, send the message that doing nothing is an acceptable response to a pandemic, glorify fat old dudes in golf carts who roll around shouting "white power" and send his clueless press secretary onstage to read prepared remarks that even she struggles to keep a straight face for half the time. That's the best we've got. Someone who seems to be actively interested in getting the elderly killed off (hey, they're you're voters dude), making sure that racial tensions never cool down, glorifying traitors and bringing an end to the America that the Founding Fathers created in favor of one under his total, unquestioned control. And there are people in the world defending this? [BLEEP] them. People on this board, people I had respected enjoyed talking with, defending white supremacy, defending police brutality, defending a Sgt. Schultz attitude towards all of it?

No. No more sympathy for right-wing points of view, no more respect to or deference for traitor sympathizers, and no more kid gloves when someone tries to defend a blatant act of police brutality, no more rationalizing racism and assuming good intentions, no more efforts to understand, and to anyone anywhere who has a shoe that fits this post, [BLEEP] you. Once again:

[Image: a8egfja05ou41.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 01:07 PM by Cleatwood.)

(06-29-2020, 07:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Free speech is great. 

The president of the US tweeting out videos with his supporters yelling "white power" is not great. Nor is it some triumph for the first amendment. 
It's hate - and it should be denounced.
 Not celebrated. 

Were these seniors provoked by people that objected to their little parade?  Yes. 
Does that excuse hateful racism? No. Hell no. 

The sad reality for Trump supporters right now is that he has put his racism so prevalently on display, so many times, that they will now be associated with that whether it's fair or not. 

Supporting Trump may not make one a racist, but a supporter at this point is definitely accepting of Trump's own blatant racism, and that will draw the ire of those strongly opposed to such hatred.  
Whether you believe this to be fair or not, it is a reality. 
He has firmly placed himself in this category with incredibly clear patterns of behavior and the public opinion on where he stands on racism has been formed and defined.

Is it "hate" when in the same video the non-Trump supporters are are calling them "nazi" and asking "where their hoods are"?  By the way, to some people the word "nazi" is pretty much the same as the "n word".

Where is that "hate speech" denounced?

Show me some facts about President Trump's "blatant racism".  All we have so far in this thread is one of his supporters responding to equal "hate speech" from someone (actually many) opposed to him with equal hate speech.
You sound like a child.

“But he called me a name first!”

Maybe before the video, those old people in a golf cart were already screaming racist “white power” things? Nah couldn’t be.

Just remember. If someone calls you a name, you can always respond with “white power” and then say “oh. I got caught up in the moment.”

[Image: 2mZG.gif]

(06-30-2020, 12:42 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I have swung way left over the last few months. Know why? Our racist, scumbag criminal of a do-nothing [BLEEP] President hasn't done himself any favors. People pulling their truck in front of a man so they could murder him and being defended for doing so didn't help keep me in the middle. A pig kneeling on a man's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds didn't help. The riots? Riots are the language of those democracy has forgotten. The looting? [BLEEP] those guys. Looting is never excusable outside of the most extreme of situations. Ignoring a pandemic until (and after) it got here, then downplaying it and ignoring his own top advisers to the point where now we're at over 100,000 dead and counting? And empowering those who don't want to do the one simple [BLEEP] thing that can (and does) save lives, putting a [BLEEP] piece of cloth over your mouth and nose in public? Yeah, no one opposed to wearing a mask because...freedom?...is making the right look any more appealing. A President who's been presented with an unprecedented series of crises, the kind that great men step up to and cowards hide behind Twitter for, retweeting a video where in the first goddamned ten seconds someone is shouting "white power" and being unavailable to delete it because he had turned his phone off to go golfing?! All of this going on, now word of bounties from foreign powers against US assets, and the best he can do is Tweet, golf, gas peaceful protesters for a photo op, send the message that doing nothing is an acceptable response to a pandemic, glorify fat old dudes in golf carts who roll around shouting "white power" and send his clueless press secretary onstage to read prepared remarks that even she struggles to keep a straight face for half the time. That's the best we've got. Someone who seems to be actively interested in getting the elderly killed off (hey, they're you're voters dude), making sure that racial tensions never cool down, glorifying traitors and bringing an end to the America that the Founding Fathers created in favor of one under his total, unquestioned control. And there are people in the world defending this? [BLEEP] them. People on this board, people I had respected enjoyed talking with, defending white supremacy, defending police brutality, defending a Sgt. Schultz attitude towards all of it?

No. No more sympathy for right-wing points of view, no more respect to or deference for traitor sympathizers, and no more kid gloves when someone tries to defend a blatant act of police brutality, no more rationalizing racism and assuming good intentions, no more efforts to understand, and to anyone anywhere who has a shoe that fits this post, [BLEEP] you. Once again:

Intense!

When one yells White Power, they lose all credibility. That said, I did watch that entire video and cannot believe the insanity that was demonstrated on both sides. MY GOD, IF THIS IS RETIREMENT, THEN I WANT TO STAY EMPLOYED FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

(06-30-2020, 12:42 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Very well said! Lately, I have been encouraged by the number of previous Trump supporters who have decided to "throw in the towel." To me, this is clearly not a situation of Republicans vs. Democrats. Most people have very deep-seated reasons regarding their political preferences and I have no right to judge them. When respected conservatives like George Will indicate their refusal to support Trump it gives me hope for the future. Unfortunately, the vast majority of Republican lawmakers have continued to support most of Trump's decisions out of the fear that they will be voted out of office. As things stand now, this reluctance to show any kind of integrity will likely backfire come election day. Most Republicans are good people and they would have eventually come to respect the courage of these politicians. It would not surprise me if Trump not only loses overwhelmingly, but brings down these senators with him. Hopefully this will be a lesson for future politicians who will show the courage to criticize the President when he/she is obviously wrong. Naturally, this applies equally to Democratic legislators.

(06-30-2020, 12:42 PM)TJBender Wrote: Ok, time for a counterpoint.

I would guess you haven't actually swung left. It's that you're more willing to associate with the left because Trump has gotten more and more disgusting to you.  Once Trump is off the scene, most of the things about the left that used to disgust you will probably disgust you again.

Me and Adam2012 said this would happen.  We had no way of knowing which posters would throw in the towel first and which would stuck around to the bitter end. But regardless of if we stick with it or not, I don't think any of us are enjoying the ride.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-01-2020, 11:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 12:42 PM)TJBender Wrote: Ok, time for a counterpoint.

I would guess you haven't actually swung left. It's that you're more willing to associate with the left because Trump has gotten more and more disgusting to you.  Once Trump is off the scene, most of the things about the left that used to disgust you will probably disgust you again.

Me and Adam2012 said this would happen.  We had no way of knowing which posters would throw in the towel first and which would stuck around to the bitter end. But regardless of if we stick with it or not, I don't think any of us are enjoying the ride.

That's an interesting comment.  It probably applies to me.  The more I watch Trump, the more I sympathize with the left.  Once Trump is gone, I'll probably swing back to the center-right again.   The choice today is between liberalism and Trumpism.  Conservatism is gone.

(07-02-2020, 04:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 11:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: I would guess you haven't actually swung left. It's that you're more willing to associate with the left because Trump has gotten more and more disgusting to you.  Once Trump is off the scene, most of the things about the left that used to disgust you will probably disgust you again.

That's an interesting comment.  It probably applies to me.  The more I watch Trump, the more I sympathize with the left.  Once Trump is gone, I'll probably swing back to the center-right again.   The choice today is between liberalism and Trumpism.  Conservatism is gone.

This is exactly how I feel too.  At least we'll be able to tell our grandchildren what it was like living with the dumbest US President in American history.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 08:28 AM by Lucky2Last.)

I hope you guys are correct, but I have come to feel the opposite. Trump has undoubtedly tarnished the office of the Presidency. He says a lot of things with which I disagree. He's petty. He's narcissistic. He's arrogant. That said, his actions while in office are actually pretty tame and fall more in line with what I believe to be pro-American policy. The scrutiny he has faced has been unlike anything I've ever seen, and comes from a group of elites that has been every bit as petty, narcissistic, and arrogant as Trump himself. They are just more polished, and live in the world of manipulation. I could make a long list of misinformation that has been taken out of context and repeated over and over. So much so, that the average person still uses it in arguments against Trump, even though it's verifiably false. It doesn't matter, because the lie is sufficient in emotionally resonating with the average person, and, once that happens, they don't let go of it. I'll take the stark and ineffective bumbling of Trump to the manufactured lies of the establishment.

To make things worse, these same elites have shown themselves to pander to the most RADICAL group in modern times. Even if it were true, that Trump wants to foment the most radical side of his base, nothing he says comes close to the institutional justification of the Marxist movement in America. The white supremacist groups, on the other hand, are small and have almost zero support in American culture, for good reason. BLM, a socialist organization, has gained massive support. It's just one of many organizations that were created to push back against the American "system." The socialist movement is growing very quickly and gaining power in American institutions. That's concerning, but it's also beginning to gain support from the American populace. We are following the trend of many nations who fell victim to socialism, and it's frustrating to me that the average person can't see what's in front of their face.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe there will be anything "conservative" to hold onto in 20 years at this rate. I didn't vote for Trump the first time around, but I feel almost compelled to do so this time.

(07-02-2020, 08:26 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I hope you guys are correct, but I have come to feel the opposite. Trump has undoubtedly tarnished the office of the Presidency. He says a lot of things with which I disagree. He's petty. He's narcissistic. He's arrogant. That said, his actions while in office are actually pretty tame and fall more in line with what I believe to be pro-American policy. The scrutiny he has faced has been unlike anything I've ever seen, and comes from a group of elites that has been every bit as petty, narcissistic, and arrogant as Trump himself. They are just more polished, and live in the world of manipulation. I could make a long list of misinformation that has been taken out of context and repeated over and over. So much so, that the average person still uses it in arguments against Trump, even though it's verifiably false. It doesn't matter, because the lie is sufficient in emotionally resonating with the average person, and, once that happens, they don't let go of it. I'll take the stark and ineffective bumbling of Trump to the manufactured lies of the establishment.

To make things worse, these same elites have shown themselves to pander to the most RADICAL group in modern times. Even if it were true, that Trump wants to foment the most radical side of his base, nothing he says comes close to the institutional justification of the Marxist movement in America. The white supremacist groups, on the other hand, are small and have almost zero support in American culture, for good reason. BLM, a socialist organization, has gained massive support. It's just one of many organizations that were created to push back against the American "system." The socialist movement is growing very quickly and gaining power in American institutions. That's concerning, but it's also beginning to gain support from the American populace. We are following the trend of many nations who fell victim to socialism, and it's frustrating to me that the average person can't see what's in front of their face.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe there will be anything "conservative" to hold onto in 20 years at this rate. I didn't vote for Trump the first time around, but I feel almost compelled to do so this time.

You're trying to speak rationally to people overwhelmed by emotion. In truth the battle is between the establishment and people. All this nonsense going on with Covid and BLM is designed to keep us fighting each other while they quietly take control of more and more of our lives.

(07-02-2020, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 08:26 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I hope you guys are correct, but I have come to feel the opposite. Trump has undoubtedly tarnished the office of the Presidency. He says a lot of things with which I disagree. He's petty. He's narcissistic. He's arrogant. That said, his actions while in office are actually pretty tame and fall more in line with what I believe to be pro-American policy. The scrutiny he has faced has been unlike anything I've ever seen, and comes from a group of elites that has been every bit as petty, narcissistic, and arrogant as Trump himself. They are just more polished, and live in the world of manipulation. I could make a long list of misinformation that has been taken out of context and repeated over and over. So much so, that the average person still uses it in arguments against Trump, even though it's verifiably false. It doesn't matter, because the lie is sufficient in emotionally resonating with the average person, and, once that happens, they don't let go of it. I'll take the stark and ineffective bumbling of Trump to the manufactured lies of the establishment.

You're trying to speak rationally to people overwhelmed by emotion. In truth the battle is between the establishment and people. All this nonsense going on with Covid and BLM is designed to keep us fighting each other while they quietly take control of more and more of our lives.

Bingo.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I wish I could write words real good like this.

I would only add that not all are onboard with the hard left swing. Many are simply too intimidated to push back. With good reason. When a livelihood can be stripped away for perceived non compliance, people will just go along. Take Seattle, for instance. How many heard from the residents and business owners who were profoundly affected by the CHOP debacle? Or the business owner who was attacked and threatened because he prevented an arsonist from burning down his business. 

This dreck is enjoying a surge right now, but soon people will become weary of the constant looney protest that is becoming more devoid of meaning by the day.

(07-02-2020, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Hammer meet nail
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.