Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump retweets video of his supporter yelling "White Power!"

https://apnews.com/7eea48b80f14474b7057967a9654c4f0

I'm sure it was "an accident." Right?

pfffffft

The man loves to foment the lowest common denominator of his base.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

De Blasio wants to cut 1B from the police budget in the city you lived in for 14 years. Don't you have bigger fish to fry?

(06-29-2020, 04:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: De Blasio wants to cut 1B from the police budget in the city you lived in for 14 years. Don't you have bigger fish to fry?

The president of the USA is trying to instigate a race war in the country I love. 

Pretty [BLEEP] big fish there, bucko.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 04:21 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Yeah, the racist president with a Slovenian wife, Jewish children, and countless Jewish grandchildren is trying to start a race war.

Did you ever read The Little Boy who Cried Wolf as a kid?

(06-29-2020, 03:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://apnews.com/7eea48b80f14474b7057967a9654c4f0

I'm sure it was "an accident."  Right?  

pfffffft

It was an amusing video of two sets of grannies battling it out politically. When Trump was informed of what was said, he deleted the tweet. 

You Leftists sure are well versed on white supremacist stuff.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-29-2020, 04:27 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://apnews.com/7eea48b80f14474b7057967a9654c4f0

pfffffft

It was an amusing video of two sets of grannies battling it out politically. When Trump was informed of what was said, he deleted the tweet. 

How versed do I need to be exactly to understand a guy with a Trump flag yelling "white power?" 
Is there a book I need to read to connect the dots here? 

And how versed do I need to be when Trump calls that man "great people?" 
How many times should he laud racists before I actually believe he means it? 10? 20?

pfffffft

To be fair, why did the guy yell that?  Could it be because the counter protesters were yelling "where is your white hood?" and calling him a "nazi" and "racist" because he supports the current President?  Of course the obvious transplant from the northern region was certainly using "polite" words towards everyone there that supports this President.  There is nothing wrong with her "free speech" but everything wrong the the guy's.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-29-2020, 04:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

How versed do I need to be exactly to understand a guy with a Trump flag yelling "white power?" 

How many times should he laud racists before I actually believe he means it? 10? 20?

You should be sane enough to understand that "people" describes a group in general, and that it doesn't necessarily apply to every single person in that group. Or would you refrain from calling (say) Asian Americans "great people" because of the one shooter at Virginia Tech?

Most large groups will contain some idiots. Did you claim that the George Floyd protesters were evil because of the Burning, Looting, and Rioting?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-29-2020, 04:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I rewatched the video. There were a lot of foul things shouted by both sides. Most was unintelligible. The "two" shout's of "white" power" included one person from each side of the granny war. The one from the Right was probably in response to being called "white trash." The fact that you and the Leftist media find one thing objectionable and ignore the rest (lots of "F Trump" that I actually recognized, and "white trash" calls along with a sign that said it) says it all. 99% of the hate speech was spewed by the Left. You don't value the truth, and just cherry pick anything that supports your full-blown TDS.

Since the time Trump was just a candidate, I can't quite tell if he's just a gibbering, moronic sociopath or a genius master of satire. Stuff like this makes me think the latter. Eat your heart out, Stephen Colbert.

The thing that led up to this was a geriatric golf cart parade for Donald Trump's birthday. I can't imagine anything more pathetic. Oh, and totally not a cult.

(06-29-2020, 05:54 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Since the time Trump was just a candidate, I can't quite tell if he's just a gibbering, moronic sociopath or a genius master of satire. Stuff like this makes me think the latter. Eat your heart out, Stephen Colbert.

The thing that led up to this was a geriatric golf cart parade for Donald Trump's birthday. I can't imagine anything more pathetic. Oh, and totally not a cult.

Curious what you think about his pending opponent based on your analysis of Trump.

(06-29-2020, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

pfffffft

To be fair, why did the guy yell that?  Could it be because the counter protesters were yelling "where is your white hood?" and calling him a "nazi" and "racist" because he supports the current President?  Of course the obvious transplant from the northern region was certainly using "polite" words towards everyone there that supports this President.  There is nothing wrong with her "free speech" but everything wrong the the guy's.

Are you defending someone yelling "white power" right now? 

Is there actually a viable excuse for that in your mind?  Ever? 

wow

(06-29-2020, 05:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:54 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Since the time Trump was just a candidate, I can't quite tell if he's just a gibbering, moronic sociopath or a genius master of satire. Stuff like this makes me think the latter. Eat your heart out, Stephen Colbert.

Curious what you think about his pending opponent based on your analysis of Trump.

He's a clown. But at least he's not a sociopathic clown.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 06:02 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

It's always interesting to challenge liberals on anything racist Trump has ever actually done. The guy passed the first step act for [BLEEP] sake. He sucks at being racist.

(06-29-2020, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: To be fair, why did the guy yell that?  Could it be because the counter protesters were yelling "where is your white hood?" and calling him a "nazi" and "racist" because he supports the current President?  Of course the obvious transplant from the northern region was certainly using "polite" words towards everyone there that supports this President.  There is nothing wrong with her "free speech" but everything wrong the the guy's.

wow

Yeah, I guess in some universe "white power" is the correct and appropriate response to something.

(06-29-2020, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: To be fair, why did the guy yell that?  Could it be because the counter protesters were yelling "where is your white hood?" and calling him a "nazi" and "racist" because he supports the current President?  Of course the obvious transplant from the northern region was certainly using "polite" words towards everyone there that supports this President.  There is nothing wrong with her "free speech" but everything wrong the the guy's.

wow

Yes I am.  I'm not saying that it's right or wrong.  We are all entitled to free speech.  That's what I defend.

Are you defending people that support a sitting President being asked "where their hoods are", being called "nazi" or "white trash"?  Is there actually a viable excuse for that in your mind?  Ever?

It goes both ways.  I support the ignorant people's speech either way because we do have that freedom (free speech) at the moment.  It's slowly eroding away (our freedom of expression) sadly.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-29-2020, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Are you defending someone yelling "white power" right now? 

wow

Yes I am.  I'm not saying that it's right or wrong.  We are all entitled to free speech.  That's what I defend.

Are you defending people that support a sitting President being asked "where their hoods are", being called "nazi" or "white trash"?  Is there actually a viable excuse for that in your mind?  Ever?

It goes both ways.  I support the ignorant people's speech either way because we do have that freedom (free speech) at the moment.  It's slowly eroding away (our freedom of expression) sadly.

Free speech is great. 

The president of the US tweeting out videos with his supporters yelling "white power" is not great. Nor is it some triumph for the first amendment. 
It's hate - and it should be denounced.
 Not celebrated. 

Were these seniors provoked by people that objected to their little parade?  Yes. 
Does that excuse hateful racism? No. Hell no. 

The sad reality for Trump supporters right now is that he has put his racism so prevalently on display, so many times, that they will now be associated with that whether it's fair or not. 

Supporting Trump may not make one a racist, but a supporter at this point is definitely accepting of Trump's own blatant racism, and that will draw the ire of those strongly opposed to such hatred.  
Whether you believe this to be fair or not, it is a reality. 
He has firmly placed himself in this category with incredibly clear patterns of behavior and the public opinion on where he stands on racism has been formed and defined.

(06-29-2020, 06:03 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Are you defending someone yelling "white power" right now? 

wow

Yeah, I guess in some universe "white power" is the correct and appropriate response to something.

If some [BLEEP] called me "white trash" I can see that as a mocking response I might make in haste. Quickly responding to an insult without careful thought as to all that the response implies is fairly common. But I'm sure you, in your holier-than-thou existence, would never reply to an insult without hours of careful analysis first.

If you actually watched the video, the anti-Trumpers were shouting hate-filled profanity the whole time, as well as calling the paraders nazis and white trash. Yet I didn't hear one profane response from the paraders (and no, "white power" is not a profanity).

(06-29-2020, 06:03 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:

wow

That "something" is pretty much the same as Ilhan Omar saying that the radical Islamic terrorist attacks against our country on 9/11 was just "some people did something".  I suppose that the new history books will say that the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 was just "some people did something".

When hateful rhetoric is directed towards one certain group of people it's "fine", but when hateful rhetoric is directed in return it is somehow "incorrect".

I happen to have a very good friend whose father was held in Auschwitz.  I would love for you to ask him what being called a "nazi" is all about.

(06-29-2020, 06:46 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:03 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Yeah, I guess in some universe "white power" is the correct and appropriate response to something.

If some [BLEEP] called me "white trash" I can see that as a mocking response I might make in haste. Quickly responding to an insult without careful thought as to all that the response implies is fairly common. But I'm sure you, in your holier-than-thou existence, would never reply to an insult without hours of careful analysis first.

If you actually watched the video, the anti-Trumpers were shouting hate-filled profanity the whole time, as well as calling the paraders nazis and white trash. Yet I didn't hear one profane response from the paraders (and no, "white power" is not a profanity).

This post is like a Jeff Foxworthy "You might be a racist..." routine. 

LOL  

(hint: you are)