Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jacksonville Jaguars will now only play two preseason games.

NFL to cut two weeks off 2020 preseason schedule, could end up canceling all preseason games

The NFL preseason is going to have a different look this year and that's because it's been cut in half.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-t...xstX7gYde8
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Feel sorry for the roster bubble and so-called camp body guys that will have lessened opportunity to show that they belong or not.

Who cares, the season isn't even going to happen.

(07-01-2020, 07:02 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Feel sorry for the roster bubble and so-called camp body guys that will have lessened opportunity to show that they belong or not.

My sentiments exactly. They'll be many missed opportunities.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Dang. We're actually halfway decent in the preseason.

I am sure the roster sizes will be adjusted to compensate for the lost preseason games.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Called this about 3 weeks ago in another thread. 

The NFL did not properly prepare for this, testing is going to be a big deal, and right now it’s easier to test an NBA team as opposed to a 80+ NFL team with players and staff. 

I’m going to be frankly very surprised if there will be any preseason games. And I won’t be shocked if they cancel some regular season games. I think we’ll see at the very least a delay to the start of the regular season

(07-01-2020, 07:07 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Who cares, the season isn't even going to happen.

agreed
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(07-02-2020, 07:36 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Called this about 3 weeks ago in another thread. 

The NFL did not properly prepare for this, testing is going to be a big deal, and right now it’s easier to test an NBA team as opposed to a 80+ NFL team with players and staff. 

I’m going to be frankly very surprised if there will be any preseason games. And I won’t be shocked if they cancel some regular season games. I think we’ll see at the very least a delay to the start of the regular season

and... the NLPA just voted to cancel preseason...

So here is a question will players get paid if there is no season.

I have very little hope of there being a season this years. Americans are self centered Jerks and can't follow social distancing guide lines. Looks at Canada just north of us. There numbers have flat lined because they had respect for the virus. The numbers keep going up and probably be worse as the colder weather comes in. The outcome is looking bleak to say the least for an NFL season of any capacity this year.

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2020, 07:16 PM by Newton.)

We will have to quarantine the players for blocks of time and test nearly daily. That said, I see the season being played.

Then you have players like Von Miller who actually get the virus. Some people have long term effects and may never be the same again.

(07-04-2020, 12:54 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have very little hope of there being a season this years.  Americans are self centered Jerks and can't follow social distancing guide lines.  Looks at Canada just north of us.  There numbers have flat lined because they had respect for the virus.  The numbers keep going up and probably be worse as the colder weather comes in.  The outcome is looking bleak to say the least for an NFL season of any capacity this year.

Someone explain to me how this is not a political post and is still up? Please do some research on social distancing and why cases are skyrocketing in the US(hint: has nothing to do with being selfish). Also notice deaths should stay low, the same people at risk now for death are the same that are for flu and other respiratory illness. Immune compromised and comorbidity cases. Everyone else is a 99.97+% recovery rate. If you or anyone else wants, I’ll link you some sources, dm me. I have journals and quotes directly from emergency doctors and other medical professionals who live this daily. Thanks and godspeed.

Do the math jerk 2.8 million infections and 130000 deaths that does not account for all the hospitalizations of very sick people who recovered and now have a long recovery.8

From April 2019 to October 2020 there were 24 to 62,000 flu deaths in approximately six months. We have 130,000 coronavirus deaths in three To four months.

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 10:32 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(07-05-2020, 08:35 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 12:54 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have very little hope of there being a season this years.  Americans are self centered Jerks and can't follow social distancing guide lines.  Looks at Canada just north of us.  There numbers have flat lined because they had respect for the virus.  The numbers keep going up and probably be worse as the colder weather comes in.  The outcome is looking bleak to say the least for an NFL season of any capacity this year.

Someone explain to me how this is not a political post and is still up? Please do some research on social distancing and why cases are skyrocketing in the US(hint: has nothing to do with being selfish). Also notice deaths should stay low, the same people at risk now for death are the same that are for flu and other respiratory illness. Immune compromised and comorbidity cases. Everyone else is a 99.97+% recovery rate. If you or anyone else wants, I’ll link you some sources, dm me. I have journals and quotes directly from emergency doctors and other medical professionals who live this daily. Thanks and godspeed.

Totally disagree.

The protest, trump rallies, seeing thousands flooding the beaches and bars,  just a few examples on how selifish the american public is.  Canada and even parts of China are doing great because they use their face mask and take precautions.  This is not an opinion.  Americans are just self centered jerks.    We have far more than anyone in the world. The country is setting daily records every day. All you have to do is turn on the tv or go into a market to see many people refusing to wear mask. Throwing parties and such.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 09:03 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-05-2020, 08:35 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

Quotes from emergency doctors and other medical professionals.  WOW.  Aren't you special.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(07-05-2020, 09:11 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: From April 2019 to October 2020 there were 24 to 62,000 flu deaths in approximately six months. We have 130,000 coronavirus deaths in three To four months.

And we're still going to have all of those flu deaths this year too. 

This year's NFL season's viability may be dictated by what happens with covid infection during some semblance of training camp -- and also what we see take place with major league baseball in a few weeks from now. 

If both of those yield unanticipated infections amongst players, we could see the league take more drastic measures than they are planning as of now.

I told you all a long time ago there won't be a nfl season this year.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.