Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Wants Bubba Wallace to Apologize

(07-06-2020, 08:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/...83584?s=20

Do I even need to try

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-07-2020, 07:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Smollett lands deal with Dr. Dre.

Hoaxes pay!

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/bubba-walla...dre-report

Yes, they do. You were hoaxed into voting for a con man.

Anyway, what was the hoax?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-07-2020, 04:56 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 08:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/...83584?s=20

Do I even need to try

Please do, your vapid defenses of Trump amuse us all.

Ok, not really.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-07-2020, 08:20 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Good for him. This is nothing like the Smollet case. I admit the dude is a bit too whiny for my liking, but I don't fault his crew for thinking that was a noose. I mistrust the media as much as anyone, but I think this was just overhyped. I wish Trump would drop it. Btw, has NASCAR changed ownership at all recently?

The biggest difference between this and the Smollet case is the level of sophistication and the collaboration with a major corporation.   You have to understand, this wasn't someone walking into a secluded area with easy access.  We're talking about a garage closed off to all but authorized personnel housing millions of dollars of tightly regulated competitive machinery.  There's going to be cameras, pictures etc.  That's exactly what the FBI found.  Even if you might have been mistaken into thinking it was a noose, it would have taken five seconds to check the tapes and pictures of the garage to demonstrate that we were talking about a garage pull.  But this wasn't about the truth.  This was about NASCAR wanting the photo of Richard Petty hugging  black driver and Wallace wanted his victim card. Everybody won.  

And Jussie, I mean Bubba didn't just sit around and do nothing.  He went out and blatantly called anyone with common sense who was skeptical about the situation "simple minded."  People who questioned the narrative were deemed racist, xenophobic, changephobic and the whole bag.  So in reality, there should be some form of "hey guys, you're not racists, we're just idiots" from this whole situation.  

As far as the president is concerned, he should have put this statement out at the time.  IT's being speculated that in the early stages of the whole woke mob that Trump was listening to the softer woke portions of his White House.  Ceeding the country to BLM isn't a winning political strategy.

Eh, I dunno. I think it would be hard to create a conspiracy at this level. I think it's far more likely to account for human nature in this process. I do that right up until the media gets involved, then I put on my tin foil hat.

Here's how I see it: Bubba has a crew that loves him. They go to the garage and see a "noose." They freak out because they are insulted on his behalf that there's a "noose" there. They contact officials at NASCAR who relay it up the chain of command immediately in an effort to get ahead of the "racist" narrative. Everyone else gets in front of the camera to insulate themselves against the racist narrative. The investigation comes back, and Bubba is in denial, because no one wants to be someone who caused that much controversy over nothing (which is a perfectly typical human reaction). After a day or two goes by, he copes with reality, and releases a statement that acknowledges he was wrong. Stand up move, imo.

I believe cancel culture has really worked it's way into the mind of the American. No one wants to be seen as racist, and, any time you get an event like this, you are going to see people rushing to absolve themselves, whether the accusation is true or not. This is more evidence that America is not racist.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just speculating here, but the fact that "ratings are up over last year" could possibly be because we haven't had any kind of live sports the past few months.

I used to be a big NASCAR fan, but over the last 10 or so years they have lost me as a fan.  It has nothing to do with this latest incident and everything to do with how they have changed the sport.  I think the turning point was not long after the loss of Dale Earnhardt.  I believe that I'm not alone when looking at the attendance at the races.  Heck, Daytona removed the stands along the backstretch and they were closed during the last race that I attended there (right around 10 years ago or so).

As far as this thread goes,  jj82284 pretty much nailed it.  It wasn't so much the "noose", it was more the fact of what "Bubba" Wallace said afterwards.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-07-2020, 06:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Just speculating here, but the fact that "ratings are up over last year" could possibly be because we haven't had any kind of live sports the past few months.

I used to be a big NASCAR fan, but over the last 10 or so years they have lost me as a fan.  It has nothing to do with this latest incident and everything to do with how they have changed the sport.  I think the turning point was not long after the loss of Dale Earnhardt.  I believe that I'm not alone when looking at the attendance at the races.  Heck, Daytona removed the stands along the backstretch and they were closed during the last race that I attended there (right around 10 years ago or so).

As far as this thread goes,  jj82284 pretty much nailed it.  It wasn't so much the "noose", it was more the fact of what "Bubba" Wallace said afterwards.

When they added the template I lost interest.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato