Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump to cut funds to schools that don't reopen

(07-10-2020, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 02:25 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: For the 1/100th time, Trump supporters and conservatives are two different groups. That much is painfully obvious by now. No actual real conservative would support big government Don.

That might be why some conservatives are going for Biden to get rid of Trumpism and restore the Republican Party as the conservative alternative.  I'd sure like to have a true conservative alternative.

Biden just swung farther left leaving the moderates in his own party with no real voice.  I don’t see conservatives hopping on that bus.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-10-2020, 09:20 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That might be why some conservatives are going for Biden to get rid of Trumpism and restore the Republican Party as the conservative alternative.  I'd sure like to have a true conservative alternative.

Biden just swung farther left leaving the moderates in his own party with no real voice.  I don’t see conservatives hopping on that bus.

It's funny because white middle class Democrats are being pushed to the candidate who represents their interests, the politically moderate Donald Trump.

(07-09-2020, 08:58 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 08:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bwaaaahahahahaha. Sorry, I'll try to dumb it down for you. You and Mikesez are the same personality, hence you talking to him is like you looking in a mirror and he is your reflection. Both of you are NeverTrumper stooges who are perfectly willing to surrender your so called conservatism to the left just so long as they take down #OrangeManBad while bleating about "muh principuls" to people who know you for the squishes you actually are.

I'll try to be a little clearer in the future in light of your cognitive challenges.

Oh, I see, insults when there's no argument. Typical of Trump Humpers. Look, your boy is a big government tyrant who claims absolute authority over states, which in my book makes him further left than most leftists. But do prattle on about about how I surrendered my conservatism to the left while you surrender your so-called conservatism for white nationalism. It’s ridiculously hilarious.

Edit to add, reading back through, I could see how my first response to you was insulting, but I really had no idea what the hell you were talking about. From the the posts of mikesez I have read, I'm not really like him all all. If a shared disdain for Trump equals a mirror's reflection to you, we'll okay then. It's not, though.

I'm voting for Jorgensen, so it's funny when people call me names about supporting a guy for whom I've not voted. But do carry on!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 09:52 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(07-10-2020, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 02:25 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: For the 1/100th time, Trump supporters and conservatives are two different groups. That much is painfully obvious by now. No actual real conservative would support big government Don.

That might be why some conservatives are going for Biden to get rid of Trumpism and restore the Republican Party as the conservative alternative.  I'd sure like to have a true conservative alternative.

Anymore, I think the Republican party is a lost cause. I mean after being continuously belittled by Donald (Lying Ted & Little Marco), they've done everything they can to keep their lips affixed to Donald's posterior. They had an out with the impeachment, but folded like the cowards they are once again. 

Really, the best hope for small government fans is to pit the two parties against each other. Government has a hard time expanding via legislation when one party doesn't control the House, Senate and Presidency.

(07-10-2020, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 09:20 AM)copycat Wrote: Biden just swung farther left leaving the moderates in his own party with no real voice.  I don’t see conservatives hopping on that bus.

It's funny because white middle class Democrats are being pushed to the candidate who represents their interests, the politically moderate Donald Trump.

(07-09-2020, 08:58 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Oh, I see, insults when there's no argument. Typical of Trump Humpers. Look, your boy is a big government tyrant who claims absolute authority over states, which in my book makes him further left than most leftists. But do prattle on about about how I surrendered my conservatism to the left while you surrender your so-called conservatism for white nationalism. It’s ridiculously hilarious.

Edit to add, reading back through, I could see how my first response to you was insulting, but I really had no idea what the hell you were talking about. From the the posts of mikesez I have read, I'm not really like him all all. If a shared disdain for Trump equals a mirror's reflection to you, we'll okay then. It's not, though.

I'm voting for Jorgensen, so it's funny when people call me names about supporting a guy for whom I've not voted. But do carry on!

Okay then, very fair, and I apologize.

(07-10-2020, 09:51 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That might be why some conservatives are going for Biden to get rid of Trumpism and restore the Republican Party as the conservative alternative.  I'd sure like to have a true conservative alternative.

Anymore, I think the Republican party is a lost cause. I mean after being continuously belittled by Donald (Lying Ted & Little Marco), they've done everything they can to keep their lips affixed to Donald's posterior. They had an out with the impeachment, but folded like the cowards they are once again. 

Really, the best hope for small government fans is to pit the two parties against each other. Government has a hard time expanding via legislation when one party doesn't control the House, Senate and Presidency.

(07-10-2020, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's funny because white middle class Democrats are being pushed to the candidate who represents their interests, the politically moderate Donald Trump.

Okay then, very fair, and I apologize.

No worries, big of you!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-10-2020, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 09:20 AM)copycat Wrote: Biden just swung farther left leaving the moderates in his own party with no real voice.  I don’t see conservatives hopping on that bus.

(07-09-2020, 08:58 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Oh, I see, insults when there's no argument. Typical of Trump Humpers. Look, your boy is a big government tyrant who claims absolute authority over states, which in my book makes him further left than most leftists. But do prattle on about about how I surrendered my conservatism to the left while you surrender your so-called conservatism for white nationalism. It’s ridiculously hilarious.

https://twitter.com/Jorgensen4POTUS/stat...gr%5Etweet
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-11-2020, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's funny because white middle class Democrats are being pushed to the candidate who represents their interests, the politically moderate Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/Jorgensen4POTUS/stat...gr%5Etweet

Yes, thats why I am virulently anti-left.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 01:04 PM by mikesez.)

(07-11-2020, 12:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jorgensen4POTUS/stat...gr%5Etweet

Yes, thats why I am virulently anti-left.

...I don't think that's what she meant.

"#BlackLivesMatter means standing in solidarity with a mourning black community as we fight together to end qualified immunity, police brutality, sentencing disparities, and the war on drugs, not support of any “organization” by that name"

... One of the parties recently passed a bill that does most of these things. The other party rejected that bill. In particular, the rejecting party wanted to preserve qualified immunity. Guess which party is which.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-11-2020, 12:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 12:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, thats why I am virulently anti-left.

...I don't think that's what she meant.

"#BlackLivesMatter means standing in solidarity with a mourning black community as we fight together to end qualified immunity, police brutality, sentencing disparities, and the war on drugs, not support of any “organization” by that name"

... One of the parties recently passed a bill that does most of these things. The other party rejected that bill. In particular, the rejecting party wanted to preserve qualified immunity. Guess which party is which.

Yes, I know. I don't agree with the entire platform, but the Libertarian Party is the closest thing I'll get to my own principles. In the case of those items I personally am for qualified immunity, think policy brutality is overhyped, agree on sentencing concerns, and oppose the war on drugs. Neither Trump nor Biden give me what I want, Jorgensen in only real alternative.

https://twitter.com/McClatchyDC/status/1...17313?s=20

“A great deal of thought and planning went into the decision to hold Camp High Harbour,” Lauren Koontz, President and CEO of the YMCA of Metro Atlanta, told the station. “ In preparing for camp, we collaborated with the Centers for Disease Control and the American Camp Association and followed the safety guidelines and protocols of the Executive Order from the State of Georgia.”