Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump threatened to "go into" Seattle

(07-12-2020, 09:15 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 10:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I suspect he lost more support from his response to the riots than he did from his handling of the coronavirus.

Yeh.  Steve Deace pointed out that when you look at Trump's numbers, he's actually held pretty steady in the Minority precincts.  Most Minority Trump Supporters are keyed in with deep conservative values and policy preferences.  He's actually hemorrhaging white voters.  That group is more mercurial and chaos in the streets has made them feel less safe.   I think that the Trump Administrations political take on how this will affect his election chances was extremely wrong headed.  He keeps running ads about how unsafe you would be in Joe Biden's America while Trump's America is descending into a raging dumpster fire.

Great analysis. Confirms my bias, so if course I like it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-10-2020, 10:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 10:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I honestly don't know the regulations applicable to Fed Gov involvement, but I will state this ...... If I had a business on Main Street and residents blocked off the street and the local gov takes no action, I'd definitely want any form of government at any level to evict the occupants and restore access at the level it was when I invested in said property.

I’m curious if any the business owners and residents within CHOP are going to sue the city for inaction. 
I find it difficult to believe that bus loads of enterprising attorneys haven’t moved on it already.

I did read an article a couple of weeks back that stated business owners and residents within the zone planned to sue the city.