Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture

(07-14-2020, 02:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 01:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dumb? Or it disagrees with your political viewpoint?

As I said above (1) he's a business man, not a pundit, so it was out of his lane so to speak, (2) what makes us "lucky", much more than the past 3.5 years of Trump being in charge, is 240 years of free speech and freely contested elections, and freedom from foreign domination.

1)  How is it "out of his lane" to praise the country and the current sitting President when telling the story of his company and his family able to live the American Dream?

2)  What makes us "lucky" is the fact that many men and woman before us had a spine much bigger and stronger than yours to build and achieve so much more than any other nation in the world.  The prosperity that we enjoy is often taken for granted by leftist democrats like you including the economic prosperity that we enjoyed prior to the China virus.

(07-14-2020, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [Image: T3z2fzp.jpg]

Bwwaaaaaa, thats the pic he reported me for! You should give yourself a warning.

I gave myself a warning.  It expired 5 minutes ago.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-14-2020, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 02:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: As I said above (1) he's a business man, not a pundit, so it was out of his lane so to speak, (2) what makes us "lucky", much more than the past 3.5 years of Trump being in charge, is 240 years of free speech and freely contested elections, and freedom from foreign domination.

1)  How is it "out of his lane" to praise the country and the current sitting President when telling the story of his company and his family able to live the American Dream?

2)  What makes us "lucky" is the fact that many men and woman before us had a spine much bigger and stronger than yours to build and achieve so much more than any other nation in the world.  The prosperity that we enjoy is often taken for granted by leftist democrats like you including the economic prosperity that we enjoyed prior to the China virus.

(07-14-2020, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bwwaaaaaa, thats the pic he reported me for! You should give yourself a warning.

But if it expired how can the stain of shame haunt you for all time? Not fair.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-14-2020, 06:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: 1)  How is it "out of his lane" to praise the country and the current sitting President when telling the story of his company and his family able to live the American Dream?

But if it expired how can the stain of shame haunt you for all time? Not fair.

Life isn't always fair cupcake.   Wink

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-14-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [Image: T3z2fzp.jpg]

No, you are.
I'm over here saying I haven't changed any of my buying habits and the rest of you could calm down.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 06:57 PM by mikesez.)

(07-14-2020, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 02:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: As I said above (1) he's a business man, not a pundit, so it was out of his lane so to speak, (2) what makes us "lucky", much more than the past 3.5 years of Trump being in charge, is 240 years of free speech and freely contested elections, and freedom from foreign domination.

Good questions.
1) it's an election year.  I don't want CEOs telling me who they're voting for. A CEO should simply care so much about his brand and customers that he doesn't want to risk alienating half his customer base while people are fired up.

2) yes, private ambition is one of the necessary ingredients to our greatness.  I assume most Latin American countries have their own entrepreneurs. I think itd be a bit racist to assume otherwise.  If your country isn't stable, or if it has a corrupt and counterproductive government, it doesn't matter how many entrepreneurs you have. When you have functioning democratic elections, you can get rid of your corrupt or counterproductive government.   

By the way, thanks for insulting my courage and misattributing my party affiliation again.  A person with no spine would just avoid engaging arrogant horse anuses like you, of course, so I've obviously got plenty of spine.  And I help my wife fulfill her dream, where she has a small profitable business with two employees. So I might know more than you about ambition also.

Y’all wanna talk triggered? Here’s one for ya. My neighbor is a self proclaimed hippie and liberal. She texts me last night asking me if the HOA had a thing against flying political flags. Because there was a Trump flag flying at the beginning of the neighborhood. I say “ eh, idk. If its on common grounds there should be no reason. At someone’s house, it’s their freedom speech. She tells me she wanted to put a BLM flag up but was “scared” something would happen to her house. I said, we’re free to do whatever. Fly whatever flag you want. And also added in “wait...you work for a lawyer, why you asking a lawn guy, lol.

First of all, every election year many peopl put political signs and flags In their yard, are you seriously triggered that much but a Puerto Rican woman Is flying a trump flag? If I say a Biden flag, I’d just assume you’re letting everyone else know you concede in being an idiot. Aside from that, I wouldn’t give two [BLEEP] or two thoughts about it. Never EVEr have I even entertained the idea that it could be a violation of the boards rules to have it taken town. I don’t even care which party you’re supporting. Come on, get a grip and grow up. Don’t act like you’re 5 and someone called you a butthead and then cry about it.

(07-14-2020, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: 1)  How is it "out of his lane" to praise the country and the current sitting President when telling the story of his company and his family able to live the American Dream?

Good questions.
1) it's an election year.  I don't want CEOs telling me who they're voting for. A CEO should simply care so much about his brand and customers that he doesn't want to risk alienating half his customer base while people are fired up.

2) yes, private ambition is one of the necessary ingredients to our greatness.  I assume most Latin American countries have their own entrepreneurs. I think itd be a bit racist to assume otherwise.  If your country isn't stable, or if it has a corrupt and counterproductive government, it doesn't matter how many entrepreneurs you have. When you have functioning democratic elections, you can get rid of your corrupt or counterproductive government.   

By the way, thanks for insulting my courage and misattributing my party affiliation again.  A person with no spine would just avoid engaging arrogant horse anuses like you, of course, so I've obviously got plenty of spine.  And I help my wife fulfill her dream, where she has a small profitable business with two employees. So I might know more than you about ambition also.

Does your wife know you back politicians who promote policies that damage the small business you pretend to give a [BLEEP] about?

Surely, being a small business owner, your wife has a different view of the real world.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 07:48 PM by mikesez.)

(07-14-2020, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all wanna talk triggered? Here’s one for ya.  My neighbor is a self proclaimed hippie and liberal. She texts me last night asking me if the HOA had a thing against flying political flags.  Because there was a Trump flag flying at the beginning of the neighborhood.  I say “ eh, idk.  If its on common grounds there should be no reason. At someone’s house, it’s their freedom speech.  She tells me she wanted to put a BLM flag up but was “scared” something would happen to her house.  I said, we’re free to do whatever.  Fly whatever flag you want.  And also added in “wait...you work for a lawyer, why you asking a lawn guy, lol.  

First of all, every election year many peopl put political signs and flags In their yard, are you seriously triggered that much but a Puerto Rican  woman Is flying a trump flag?  If I say a Biden flag, I’d just assume you’re letting everyone else know you concede in being an idiot. Aside from that, I wouldn’t give two [BLEEP] or two thoughts about it.  Never EVEr have I even entertained the idea that it could be a violation of the boards rules to have it taken town.  I don’t even care which party you’re supporting.  Come on, get a grip and grow up.  Don’t act like you’re 5 and someone called you a butthead and then cry about it.

Most HOA's don't care about flags on your own property, and most don't care about yard signs.  
State law in FL is, if an HOA wants to ban some flags, they have to ban all.  The only exceptions are US flag, FL flag, or a flag of a branch of the military, or POW/MIA.
My HOA bylaws, written by the developer, say you can't have any flag except those allowed by state law. But we have never enforced it. roster checks, we had a couple of rainbow flags, and a couple of sports team flags.

(07-14-2020, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all wanna talk triggered? Here’s one for ya.  My neighbor is a self proclaimed hippie and liberal. She texts me last night asking me if the HOA had a thing against flying political flags.  Because there was a Trump flag flying at the beginning of the neighborhood.  I say “ eh, idk.  If its on common grounds there should be no reason. At someone’s house, it’s their freedom speech.  She tells me she wanted to put a BLM flag up but was “scared” something would happen to her house.  I said, we’re free to do whatever.  Fly whatever flag you want.  And also added in “wait...you work for a lawyer, why you asking a lawn guy, lol.  

First of all, every election year many peopl put political signs and flags In their yard, are you seriously triggered that much but a Puerto Rican  woman Is flying a trump flag?  If I say a Biden flag, I’d just assume you’re letting everyone else know you concede in being an idiot. Aside from that, I wouldn’t give two [BLEEP] or two thoughts about it.  Never EVEr have I even entertained the idea that it could be a violation of the boards rules to have it taken town.  I don’t even care which party you’re supporting.  Come on, get a grip and grow up.  Don’t act like you’re 5 and someone called you a butthead and then cry about it.

Most HOA's don't care about flags on your own property, and most don't care about yard signs.  
State law in FL is, if an HOA wants to ban some flags, they have to ban all.  The only exceptions are US flag, FL flag, or a flag of a branch of the military, or POW/MIA.

Except most HOAs DO care.

(07-14-2020, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I’m sure that’s pretty accurate.  But let’s face it, would I have gotten that text if it was a Biden flag? My guess is not.  Every election year you’ll see many flags and signs even for the local stuff. But yet we’re gonna get all butthurt because it’s a trump flag?  Year after year those flags and sign are in properties across the nation.  Especially during an election year.  My point is don’t act all high and mighty/ offended because it’s one you don’t personally agree with.

(07-14-2020, 07:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Most HOA's don't care about flags on your own property, and most don't care about yard signs.  

Except most HOAs DO care.

Not over here in West Orange County.

(07-14-2020, 07:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Good questions.

Does your wife know you back politicians who promote policies that damage the small business you pretend to give a [BLEEP] about?

Surely, being a small business owner, your wife has a different view of the real world.

We agreed in 2017 that we did not ask for, nor did we need, that huge tax cut.  That tax cut was way sweeter for small businesses than it was for pretty much anyone else.  I'm not intending to ask how she's voting, because I value our relationship too much.  But I still know the tax cut is not a big deal for the business.  I know she'd be OK paying more in taxes if she knew she was getting better government in return.  
The thing that was a big deal was the PPP loan.  We were not amused about how uneducated and incapable Chase was handling that.  Chase was acting like the government hadn't educated or prepared them right.  That whole thing was a corrupt fiasco.  And my boss, another small business owner, had pretty much the same experience.

(07-14-2020, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Good questions.

He went to a meeting to help Hispanic owned business. He didn't go there to support Trump and he didn't say he was voting for Trump. He did what any good business owner would do. He went there to get his voice heard, ensure he made connections, and said afterwards it was a good meeting to the media. He was used by Trump to show he is listening to Hispanics and he used Trump to ensure his business was helped out.

How do you think he was endorsing Trump? He would have said the exact same thing no matter who the president was.

(07-14-2020, 08:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Good questions.

He went to a meeting to help Hispanic owned business. He didn't go there to support Trump and he didn't say he was voting for Trump. He did what any good business owner would do. He went there to get his voice heard, ensure he made connections, and said afterwards it was a good meeting to the media. He was used by Trump to show he is listening to Hispanics and he used Trump to ensure his business was helped out.

How do you think he was endorsing Trump? He would have said the exact same thing no matter who the president was.

A quick search of Google News says that this CEO appeared on Fox News the other day justifying himself, saying that he also appeared with President Obama.
Which is true, according to the first article I clicked on.
He appeared with President Obama in 2011, and with Michelle Obama in 2012, which was an election year.
However, he is not quoted in the article as praising either of them. He didn't praise him at the time and he doesn't praise them now.

See, when you have a high functioning president, a president who has a modicum of emotional intelligence, a president with a thick skin Like the first 44 presidents we had, you can get time with him regardless of your own personal loyalties.