Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 08:34 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Just so you know, I agreed with your post that JIB rebutted. I just don't know enough about the subject to have a strong enough opinion to post about it. I did, however, have a problem with you misusing Dunning Kruger to attack him for it, because it is actually something I have learned about at some point. I called you out for that, and you still don't get it. You can't claim to be intellectually honest, misuse a term to avoid debate, then call me intellectually dishonest for pointing out your misunderstanding. But, hey, you probably just used that term incorrectly for some grander purpose that went over my head, right? Look dude, I really don't care if you get sassy with other posters on this board. We all do it. I just really despise the arrogance with which you consistently misrepresent subject matter. You are the poster child for the Dunning Kruger effect.

(07-10-2020, 08:27 PM)Jags Wrote: I wasn’t sure that white people even bought that stuff.  But at least I have a brand I can now buy after boycotting the other brands that are catering to this overblown [BLEEP].  I guess I’m having a Latino meal tomorrow.  Looking forward to it!!!

I freaking love Goya beans. Pretty much a staple for taco tuesday. Good for the CEO of Goya.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-10-2020, 08:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Just so you know, I agreed with your post that JIB rebutted. I just don't know enough about the subject to have a strong enough opinion to post about it. I did, however, have a problem with you misusing Dunning Kruger to attack him for it, because it is actually something I have learned about at some point. I called you out for that, and you still don't get it. You can't claim to be intellectually honest, misuse a term to avoid debate, then call me intellectually dishonest for pointing out your misunderstanding. But, hey, you probably just used that term incorrectly for some grander purpose that went over my head, right? Look dude, I really don't care if you get sassy with other posters on this board. We all do it. I just really despise the arrogance with which you consistently misrepresent subject matter. You are the poster child for the Dunning Kruger effect.

(07-10-2020, 08:27 PM)Jags Wrote: I wasn’t sure that white people even bought that stuff.  But at least I have a brand I can now buy after boycotting the other brands that are catering to this overblown [BLEEP].  I guess I’m having a Latino meal tomorrow.  Looking forward to it!!!

I freaking love Goya beans. Pretty much a staple for taco tuesday. Good for the CEO of Goya.
I must try these beans you speak of.  I must also buy some other products I’ve not yet been privy to.  Whether to prepare a meal for the fam or donate to those that are hungry.  Either way, Goya is on my shopping list.  Heck, I may even stumble upon a nice nice meal or side I haven’t enjoyed before

(07-10-2020, 08:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Shut up y'all. Or get a room and take your [BLEEP] and moaning with you.

Private messaging would make it worse.

I don't mind disagreeing with people, and I know not all of us like each other, but, why make the forum about that? I've offered him olive branches but he never takes them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-10-2020, 08:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Just so you know, I agreed with your post that JIB rebutted. I just don't know enough about the subject to have a strong enough opinion to post about it. I did, however, have a problem with you misusing Dunning Kruger to attack him for it, because it is actually something I have learned about at some point. I called you out for that, and you still don't get it. You can't claim to be intellectually honest, misuse a term to avoid debate, then call me intellectually dishonest for pointing out your misunderstanding. But, hey, you probably just used that term incorrectly for some grander purpose that went over my head, right? Look dude, I really don't care if you get sassy with other posters on this board. We all do it. I just really despise the arrogance with which you consistently misrepresent subject matter. You are the poster child for the Dunning Kruger effect.

There is no tone or facial expression here.  You have no idea if I'm being arrogant or not.
If I say something wrong, tell me about it.  
If you want to just have a conversation about what dunning Kruger means, that would be great.  I might learn something.  
But when you make it personal, say, I'm always doing this or never doing that, now I don't want to learn from you, now I want to fight you.  
Rather than let my patterns build up anger inside you that becomes "you always.." or "you never..." You can (a) let it go, or (b) work on it then and there.  Keep a short account, or no account at all.
I actually want to get along with you.  Not agree, but understand.  I want to understand everyone.

Olive branches are for the spineless.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 09:14 PM by Jags.)

(07-10-2020, 08:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 08:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Shut up y'all. Or get a room and take your [BLEEP] and moaning with you.

I don't mind disagreeing with people, and I know not all of us like each other, but, why make the forum about that? I've offered him olive branches but he never takes them.

Why would it make it worse?  Or do you mean between yourselves?  If so, if it isn’t in the open then it would in fact make it better for the forum as
A whole, would it not?  If y’all can’t figure it out then so be it.  It is entertaining to some degree. I’m not quite at americus2.0’s disgust but, there is plenty of time to get there.

Why would it make it worse?  Or do you mean between yourselves?  If so, if it isn’t in the open then it would in fact make it better for the forum as
A whole, would it not?  If y’all can’t figure it out then so be it.  It is entertaining to some degree. I’m not quite at americus2.0’s disgust but, there is plenty of time to get there.

I sorry, my phone tooted

(07-10-2020, 08:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Olive branches are for the spineless.

I'm not offering to agree with the guy, I'm just offering to stop making the disagreement personal.

I got an idea.

Buy products based on their quality and not their political beliefs!

Bought a new Honda Pilot and it’s awesome!

(07-10-2020, 11:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I got an idea.

Dont forget to transfer the soccer ball sticker from your minivan.

I always think boycotts are stupid. And this guy didn't say anything egregious. He complimented Trump. Who cares? I don't like Trump either, but if we're going to set our hair on fire everytime some company figurehead differs from us politically, we're doomed.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 06:42 AM by The Real Marty.)

I remember when there was a move to boycott Chic Fil A, because of their support for anti-gay-marriage organizations or something like that, and noted lefty Jon Stewart on the Daily Show said, "These chicken sandwiches are too delicious to boycott."  

But the bottom line is, people who run businesses need to be careful with expressing political opinions, because consumers don't have to buy their stuff.  Consumers are perfectly free to organize a boycott if they want.  Nothing wrong with that.  It's just free expression.

(07-10-2020, 11:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Dont forget to transfer the soccer ball sticker from your minivan.
Mini van?! Nah. Had a Ford Escape for about 11 years before this new Pilot. Pilot glides.

So stop talking to him. It's pretty simple.

Bought extra Goya tonight at Publix. Good stuff!

(07-10-2020, 11:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/...04609?s=19

Lying Ted will defend some beans, but not an attack on his wife from Dumb Donnie. Nice job, Ted!

Angry

(07-10-2020, 05:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 04:58 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: You really have no clue.

Like the leftist that you are you put people in their "racist boxes" and categorize (stereotype) them.  Your racist labeling left out those that immigrated from Spain or other European countries.  Are they "typically" conservative or liberal?  Are they Hispanic or not?

Your hero (AOC) among the other leftists that share your view is attacking the CEO of Goya Foods simply because he had words of praise for our President after meeting with him.

I would argue that the story of Goya Foods is the perfect example of the American Dream.  A Hispanic that immigrated LEGALLY to the U.S. worked hard and created the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States.  Nothing was given to them, they worked for it and earned it.

Unlike you I find it highly disturbing that a member of Congress would join a boycott just because he showed a bit of respect and dignity for The President of The United States.

It's weird how you think you're the informed one here... Dunning Kruger is real..

AOC is definitely not my hero... But if she wants to switch to Badia, who cares?

(07-10-2020, 05:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 05:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think you're using dunning kruger wrong.

If I'm really underestimating my expertise on the ethnicity that i've married into, let me know what facts I got wrong?

As a Hispanic probably twice your age (or close to it) I think I might be just a little bit more informed than you regarding the Latino community.  I have well over 50+ years living as and with a large family of Hispanic (not to mention Native American) members from 3 continents and several countries.  I think my life experience pretty much Trumps your so-called "expertise" on the ethnicity that you married into.

Latino or Hispanic people don't vote one way or the other "typically" based on their race.  Here's a news flash for you, we vote based on our values and principles just like anyone else.

Your prior statement is pretty bigoted and uninformed.  That's not surprising since there are a lot of leftist democrats like you that think that way.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-12-2020, 01:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 05:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's weird how you think you're the informed one here... Dunning Kruger is real..

AOC is definitely not my hero... But if she wants to switch to Badia, who cares?

(07-10-2020, 05:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: If I'm really underestimating my expertise on the ethnicity that i've married into, let me know what facts I got wrong?

As a Hispanic probably twice your age (or close to it) I think I might be just a little bit more informed than you regarding the Latino community.  I have well over 50+ years living as and with a large family of Hispanic (not to mention Native American) members from 3 continents and several countries.  I think my life experience pretty much Trumps your so-called "expertise" on the ethnicity that you married into.

Latino or Hispanic people don't vote one way or the other "typically" based on their race.  Here's a news flash for you, we vote based on our values and principles just like anyone else.

Your prior statement is pretty bigoted and uninformed.  That's not surprising since there are a lot of leftist democrats like you that think that way.

I didn't say it was based on their race.
I said it was based on their reasons for coming to the US in the first place. Often people from the same country have similar reasons.  A big cataclysm like the Cuban revolution informs why many Cubans ended up here.  The Cubans who were comfortable with Castro stayed.  Some of the ones who didn't like him weren't able to leave, but everyone who left, left because of the revolution.  
Or the Guatemalan coup, similar story from the other side.
There are multiple races in both Guatemala and in Cuba, but their motivation for coming here had more to do with economics than race.