Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture

(07-12-2020, 01:01 PM)Olive Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 08:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Olive branches are for the spineless.

Angry

Easy Olive, Im sure your branches are just fine,!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-12-2020, 07:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 01:01 PM)Olive Wrote: Angry

Easy Olive, Im sure your branches are just fine,!

Somehow I’m reminded of “The Joker” Steve Miller band??

“Really love your peaches want to shake your tree”

Goya is reporting a huge increase in sales.
I wonder if more brands will make off topic political statements to try to boost sales?
Did you ever wonder where Hanes stands?
Or Frito Lay?
Because I think we're about to find out.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-13-2020, 02:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Goya is reporting a huge increase in sales.
I wonder if more brands will make off topic political statements to try to boost sales?
Or Frito Lay?

The statement made by the Goya CEO was completely on topic. 

But that’s neither here nor there.

This is strictly a reaction to coercion methods. Nothing more.

(07-13-2020, 02:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Goya is reporting a huge increase in sales.
Or Frito Lay?

I wonder if our political polarization is now going to affect the brands people buy.  Like, you're in a grocery store, and someone sees you buy Goya, and they know you're a Republican, but if you buy Old El Paso, you're a democrat.

(07-13-2020, 04:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
Or Frito Lay?

I wonder if our political polarization is now going to affect the brands people buy.  Like, you're in a grocery store, and someone sees you buy Goya, and they know you're a Republican, but if you buy Old El Paso, you're a democrat.

It's already happening. Look for "organic" on the label.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 04:14 PM by mikesez.)

(07-13-2020, 04:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wonder if our political polarization is now going to affect the brands people buy.  Like, you're in a grocery store, and someone sees you buy Goya, and they know you're a Republican, but if you buy Old El Paso, you're a democrat.

It's already happening. Look for "organic" on the label.

The most organic food conscious person I know is also a hardcore Trump supporter and mask avoider.  YMMV?

I just realized, Frito Lay (Pepsi) was the other company that stood with FedEx to change the Redskins' name.
So I guess this is already happening.

Or Frito Lay?

Care to explain where the CEO of Goya foods made an "off topic" political statement to try to boost sales?

The fact of the matter is we don't know how he votes based on his comment(s).  You might know based on your so-called "expertise" regarding and ethnicity that you married into.  Please enlighten us.

By the way, the boost in sales came after the stupid comments made/tweeted by your fellow leftist democrats calling for a boycott simply because they didn't like him showing a little dignity and respect towards our President.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-13-2020, 04:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's already happening. Look for "organic" on the label.

The most organic food conscious person I know is also a hardcore Trump supporter and mask avoider.  YMMV?

I just realized, Frito Lay (Pepsi) was the other company that stood with FedEx to change the Redskins' name.

That's a libertarian for ya.  Rolleyes

Or Frito Lay?

Meh, I buy products based on price/quality.  Honestly, I don't buy many "Mexican" food products in a can or jar.  I prefer making my own since it's usually less expensive and tastes so much better.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-13-2020, 04:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's already happening. Look for "organic" on the label.

Considering the founder of Fedex is a minority owner of the team, it makes sense that they’re on board.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Or Frito Lay?

At this point I buy what's available. Our stores in my town still aren't stocked with all the brands usually on the shelf. I don't care who buys what. I'm not at the store to critique how others spend their money and never would have thought anyone would until you mentioned it. As divided as people are I wouldn't doubt it. Sadly. 

And unless someone is speaking out about a safety issue I don't let what people say influence my buying in a negative way and even then I research to be sure it's a legit issue.

(07-13-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
Or Frito Lay?

Care to explain where the CEO of Goya foods made an "off topic" political statement to try to boost sales?

The fact of the matter is we don't know how he votes based on his comment(s).  You might know based on your so-called "expertise" regarding and ethnicity that you married into.  Please enlighten us.

By the way, the boost in sales came after the stupid comments made/tweeted by your fellow leftist democrats calling for a boycott simply because they didn't like him showing a little dignity and respect towards our President.

If it's not about ways to move more Goya product, grow market share, create new Goya products, reduce costs, etc... In other words, if it's not about his business, it's off topic.
And if your reply is, "him supporting Trump seems to have grown his business," well, that's exactly my point.  Why can't we just buy the can of beans that tastes best? That's my plan.  I like Goya's seasoned beans and their cooking wine.  I could do without most of their other stuff.  That was my opinion before and after.

(07-13-2020, 04:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Care to explain where the CEO of Goya foods made an "off topic" political statement to try to boost sales?

If it's not about ways to move more Goya product, grow market share, create new Goya products, reduce costs, etc... In other words, if it's not about his business, it's off topic.
And if your reply is, "him supporting Trump seems to have grown his business," well, that's exactly my point.  Why can't we just buy the can of beans that tastes best? That's my plan.  I like Goya's seasoned beans and their cooking wine.  I could do without most of their other stuff.  That was my opinion before and after.

It's pretty apparent that you not only don't know why he was at The White House, but also what he said in his press conference (a small part of the entire press conference).  He not only praised The President of our country, but also the fact that his grandfather was able immigrate LEGALLY to the United States in search of prosperity and opportunity and how they were able to build and prosper here.  He also talked about giving back to the community and the fact that his company was donating lots of food to food banks (something that they normally do anyway).

The few sentences that have you and your fellow democrat leftists so lathered up are during his remarks and had little to do with his message or the overall reason for the press conference, and was far from "off topic".  He was telling his story and the story of the company that he runs.

By the way... the whole reason for the press conference is because our so-called "racist" President signed an executive order on the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 08:22 PM by mikesez.)

(07-13-2020, 05:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:43 PM)mikesez Wrote: If it's not about ways to move more Goya product, grow market share, create new Goya products, reduce costs, etc... In other words, if it's not about his business, it's off topic.

It's pretty apparent that you not only don't know why he was at The White House, but also what he said in his press conference (a small part of the entire press conference).  He not only praised The President of our country, but also the fact that his grandfather was able immigrate LEGALLY to the United States in search of prosperity and opportunity and how they were able to build and prosper here.  He also talked about giving back to the community and the fact that his company was donating lots of food to food banks (something that they normally do anyway).

The few sentences that have you and your fellow democrat leftists so lathered up are during his remarks and had little to do with his message or the overall reason for the press conference, and was far from "off topic".  He was telling his story and the story of the company that he runs.

By the way... the whole reason for the press conference is because our so-called "racist" President signed an executive order on the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative.

I actually have no idea what he said or why he was there.  I'm only reacting to other people's reactions.  Business leaders make appearances with Trump almost weekly. He's organized various advisory boards with CEOs and such on them. It never makes the news. The Goya guy obviously crossed a line.
So okay, I will go ahead and look it up.
So there he is, speaking as a person of Hispanic descent, whose family has had a lot of success in this country, saying that we are lucky to have Trump.  In a Latin American context, yes, we are lucky, but we were lucky before Trump got here. The thing that makes us lucky is that we have multi-party, free and fair elections, we have independent judges, and we have had these things longer than everywhere else. Everywhere else in the Spanish and Portuguese speaking Western hemisphere has had to suffer more revolutionary violence and corruption than us, for precisely this reason.  For him to say that in an election year implies that we will be unlucky to have Biden. And this is inaccurate, in the context he's speaking from. It's the very fact that this country can freely choose Biden that makes us lucky, whether we choose him or not. He meant to imply this, and he knows this is why people are mad at him. If he had not meant to imply this, he would have responded to the criticism, saying "oh I didn't mean it like that." Instead his response has been, "what about free speech?" He meant it, and the thing he meant is not wrong as a matter of taste or opinion, but rather historical fact.

(07-13-2020, 08:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 05:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's pretty apparent that you not only don't know why he was at The White House, but also what he said in his press conference (a small part of the entire press conference).  He not only praised The President of our country, but also the fact that his grandfather was able immigrate LEGALLY to the United States in search of prosperity and opportunity and how they were able to build and prosper here.  He also talked about giving back to the community and the fact that his company was donating lots of food to food banks (something that they normally do anyway).

I'm only reacting to other people's reactions.  
And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 12:29 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

[Image: BOa9G1EO.jpeg]

Welp, that was one heck of a boycott.

(07-14-2020, 12:18 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 08:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm only reacting to other people's reactions.  
And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

I admitted it. That's more than most would do here.
Anyhow, I don't think anyone here takes anyone else seriously. This is all entertainment.

(07-14-2020, 06:40 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 12:18 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

I admitted it. That's more than most would do here.
Anyhow, I don't think anyone here takes anyone else seriously. This is all entertainment.

Sure, blame the environment for you being a dunce. Typical liberal. No accountability for your own actions. Always someone else's fault.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 08:14 AM by mikesez.)

(07-14-2020, 07:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 06:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: I admitted it. That's more than most would do here.

Sure, blame the environment for you being a dunce. Typical liberal. No accountability for your own actions. Always someone else's fault.

I'm here to take accountability. And I corrected myself.
Do you take responsibility for being a dupe and a dunce?