Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Redskins to change name

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 12:28 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The DC District !!!  Remove Washington from the name.

I think that has a cool ring to it since the locals know DC as The District

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-13-2020, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:06 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Maybe. Some other ideas:
Washington Currents
Washington Stripes
Washington Glory
Washington Allied
Washington Alleghenies

The Washington Monuments
The Washington Cherry Blossoms
The Washington Memorials
The Washington Foggy Bottoms
The Washington Mall
The Washington Smithsonians
The Washington Cathedrals
The Washington Tidal Basin
The Washington Riot
The Washington Dee-Cees

Forgot about Dupont Circle --- The Washington GLBTQs

Washington Barry's named after former Mayor Marion Barry who was convicted on crack and soliciting prostitution charges and then was later re-elected after sitting out a few terms.  DC was able to achieve 491 homicides in 1991 under Mayor Barry's helm, giving it the title Murder Capital of the World

(07-15-2020, 12:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The DC District !!!  Remove Washington from the name.

and now a message from the Department of Redundancy Dept.!

(07-15-2020, 12:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The DC District !!!  Remove Washington from the name.

I actually like it. Except the part that reminds me of the district student housing on Kernan. It’s the lowest end student housing for unf. It has an abundance of students, drugs, shootings.  So I guess it’s exactly like DC. They should consider this for sure.

(07-13-2020, 03:16 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: If they had changed it like over 10 years ago, they should have just gone to Washington Football Club. That won't work anymore in this social environment.

Don't really like other names proposed. Warriors is already used by an NBA team. Defenders feels like it was created by Marvel or a MLS team. Red Wolves is just so generic. Redtails seems like an honor, but if they don't do stuff in their memory (museum, documentary, help descendants of those men, etc), it will eventually face same criticism as Blackhawks, Indians, Braves, or Chiefs.

Maybe something more reverential to all military?

Can't believe they really are trying the Washington Football Club now. I'm not sure they will be able to keep it like this because of backlash.

(07-23-2020, 04:57 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 03:16 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: If they had changed it like over 10 years ago, they should have just gone to Washington Football Club. That won't work anymore in this social environment.

Don't really like other names proposed. Warriors is already used by an NBA team. Defenders feels like it was created by Marvel or a MLS team. Red Wolves is just so generic. Redtails seems like an honor, but if they don't do stuff in their memory (museum, documentary, help descendants of those men, etc), it will eventually face same criticism as Blackhawks, Indians, Braves, or Chiefs.

Maybe something more reverential to all military?

Can't believe they really are trying the Washington Football Club now. I'm not sure they will be able to keep it like this because of backlash.
Except it’s “Washington Football Team”.... they really thought hard on this one. Absolutely stupid.

I guess they think they are a soccer team now. Stupid names and loss of traditions incoming. I would have preferred the Beltway Bandits
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Should be Washington Sellouts.  Has nothing to do with tickets at their stadium.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Washington Scandals.

The Carvers.

I wonder how many would get it.

(07-23-2020, 08:46 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: The Carvers.

I wonder how many would get it.

Easy George.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Washington Bandits.............

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 08:34 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Sweet uni's with the number on the helmet

[Image: EP-200729884.jpg?MaxW=600&MaxH=600]

[Image: 82fd1bb8-3fc1-4f26-9257-0c40f14675b5_1920x1080.jpg]

(07-13-2020, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:06 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Maybe. Some other ideas:
Washington Currents
Washington Stripes
Washington Glory
Washington Allied
Washington Alleghenies

The Washington Monuments
The Washington Memorials
The Washington Mall
The Washington Riot
The Washington Dee-Cees

How is this not a team name?

When you say Foggy, We say Bottoms!

(07-28-2020, 11:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Washington Monuments
The Washington Memorials
The Washington Mall
The Washington Riot
The Washington Dee-Cees

How is this not a team name?

When you say Foggy, We say Bottoms!

How about the Washington Swamp Monsters? They could ask fans to vote on the most corrupt politician to caricature as the mascot every season.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 10:30 PM by JagsorDie.)

Dee-Cees can Cee-Deez

Couldn’t resist

(07-13-2020, 04:34 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I'm rather partial to the Red Wolves, but they'll probably go with something generic like "Washington Warriors"

I dunno, that could be offensive to some wolves... just wolves
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-03-2020, 04:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:34 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I'm rather partial to the Red Wolves, but they'll probably go with something generic like "Washington Warriors"

I dunno, that could be offensive to some wolves... just wolves

Where?

Like sleds tend to do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

DC could be on to something. Change EVERY team name to the CITY Football team...as to not offend anyone. But then that might offend people who never could make it onto a team...??‍♂️

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(08-05-2020, 09:37 AM)NCJag Wrote: DC could be on to something. Change EVERY team name to the CITY Football team...as to not offend anyone. But then that might offend people who never could make it onto a team...??‍♂️

I actually thought about this very thing becoming a thing in the not too distant future. In Ozone I believe someone posed the question, "What happens when someone is offended by the names of the Raiders or Vikings or the Browns" (obviously this person was either being silly or didn't know the Browns were named for Paul Brown).
But it stands to reason actually... if cancel culture and this weird turn that America has taken in being offended by everything and anything (or not actually being offended but wanting to control thought and speech a la 1984) who is to say that these team names won't be offensive one day? What if PETA comes for our Jaguars? Or a certain section of America hates Patriots (I mean we all hate the team, but the name).

I would not be surprised if in 15-20 years the NFL is represented by Washington Football Team. Jacksonville Football Team. Los Angeles Football Team A and Football Team B.

Of course I imagine I will have stopped watching by then. Football in 20 years will most likely no longer look or feel like the football I grew up watching or even the product we see today.