Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans sign Henry

Looks like the jags will be having to tackle d henry for some time.  Reported 4 tr 50 mil.  25 mil guaranreed.  5th highest paid rb.  Appears to be a reasonable contract for a good rb.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a bad contract, basically a two year deal with that gtd money it seems. Which means they can run the wheels off of him next season and the following season when he shows the wear and tear most RBs tend to after that sort of usage they can cut ties and he'll revert to a journeyman RB like most of em.

So really we only need to worry about him running over our whole team for the next 2 seasons I'd guess

As a Titans fan, I'm thrilled with the contract.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(07-21-2020, 11:01 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: As a Titans fan, I'm thrilled with the contract.

It's not bad for the tacks for sure. 12m signing bonus, puts them on the hook for 13.5 which is likely to be fully paid out in two seasons.
 Next draft they can probably add another RB from rounds 2-4 as an eventual replacement. If he stays healthy throughout, they have him at a bargain compared to the Zeke and CMC contracts (and the future Barkley contract I imagine).
By the time the contract runs its course, he'll be 30 and surely will be done considering his running style and bulldozing folks.

(07-21-2020, 12:10 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 11:01 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: As a Titans fan, I'm thrilled with the contract.

It's not bad for the tacks for sure. 12m signing bonus, puts them on the hook for 13.5 which is likely to be fully paid out in two seasons.
 Next draft they can probably add another RB from rounds 2-4 as an eventual replacement. If he stays healthy throughout, they have him at a bargain compared to the Zeke and CMC contracts (and the future Barkley contract I imagine).
By the time the contract runs its course, he'll be 30 and surely will be done considering his running style and bulldozing folks.

Definitely team friendly, and he even said as much.  He made a comment to the effect of it was important to him that the team still be able to sign other players to help the team.  Wish more players would see the big picture like that.  Leaving a little money on the table and having a better team and a better chance to win makes a ton of sense.  I mean is $10M really that much different than $12M?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-22-2020, 11:08 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 12:10 PM)Kane Wrote: It's not bad for the tacks for sure. 12m signing bonus, puts them on the hook for 13.5 which is likely to be fully paid out in two seasons.

Definitely team friendly, and he even said as much.  He made a comment to the effect of it was important to him that the team still be able to sign other players to help the team.  Wish more players would see the big picture like that.  Leaving a little money on the table and having a better team and a better chance to win makes a ton of sense.  I mean is $10M really that much different than $12M?

Sure would be a nice personal question to ponder.

Good kid out of Baker County. Seems very down to earth. Kind of refreshing.