Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AG Barr House Committee testimony

(07-29-2020, 08:03 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 07:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: There are legitimate questions to ask about the photo op on June 1st.
The protesters were peaceful, and nobody tried to ask them to move.
Barr had no intent of answering those questions. He was asked why chemical irritants were used, and his answer was, "tear gas was not used." That's transparent bull.
He is right that It's not okay to try to burn down a federal courthouse, but it was also not okay to storm the office of a wildlife refuge. 27 armed rioters storms that office in January of 2016, and occupied it illegally for 5 weeks. yet they all eventually surrendered, they were all arrested, and nobody was injured.
This could all be handled differently, with less violence.

I finally understand the true meaning of "gaslighting"

(07-29-2020, 07:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: The analogy doesn't have to be perfect.
The dude who died was (a) part of a group that was allowed to take over a federal building, (b) decided to be part of a smaller group to go on a little trip, © that smaller group was cornered on the road by a joint operation of FBI and Oregon State Police, (d) then he swore that he would die rather than be arrested. He attempted to run, and he told the officers to shoot them. All of the other people he was traveling with gave themselves up peacefully. Obviously his decision to run and die says more about him than it does about FBI tactics on that day.

none of those four things are immediately relevant to what's going on in Portland, because nothing like that has been allowed to happen, yet.

All I'm saying is that there is precedent to allow protesters to have the building they want, and then more or less lock them in it.

did those people burn down the wild life office?

Maybe he gaslights himself. 

So, let me see if I understand: 

The guy that fled and was shot, that's on him. The people that are trying to burn down buildings, that's on the Fed. 
Wildlife 27 was an example of how to handle a protest peacefully, even though a dude died. Arresting people for destruction of property is violent, even though no one has died.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol .... Barr blaming policies of the Obama Administration. It's only been 3.5 years since the GOP has held the Presidency and Senate Majority.

I don't recall hearing Obama even criticize GW Bush about the housing and banking crisis, he just went out and fixed it. Heck, Trump criticized GW Bush constantly in the past 4 years. Perhaps that's why John Roberts constantly votes against Trump.

(07-29-2020, 08:47 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol .... Barr blaming policies of the Obama Administration.   It's only been 3.5 years since the GOP has held the Presidency and Senate Majority.

I don't recall hearing Obama even criticize GW Bush about the housing and banking crisis, he just went out and fixed it.   Heck, Trump criticized GW Bush constantly in the past 4 years.  Perhaps that's why John Roberts constantly votes against Trump.

Really?  "The mess I inherited" or some semblance there of was a constant from Barry.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Obama was a true politician. I enjoyed his statesmanship, something Trump is truly lacking. Don't get me wrong, though. Obama did his fair share of buck passing. He just did it eloquently. If Trump had an ounce of Obama's discipline and oration, he'd be crushing it right now. Unfortunately, he doesn't.

(07-29-2020, 09:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Obama was a true politician. I enjoyed his statesmanship, something Trump is truly lacking. Don't get me wrong, though. Obama did his fair share of buck passing. He just did it eloquently. If Trump had an ounce of Obama's discipline and oration, he'd be crushing it right now. Unfortunately, he doesn't.

You also have to take into account Obama had difficulty kicking his smoking habit because the MSM gave him so many happy endings. 

I’ve stated here before my admiration for the way Obama conducted himself in office, but it’s easy to be unflappable when the auditors are on your side.

(07-29-2020, 08:25 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 08:03 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I finally understand the true meaning of "gaslighting"

did those people burn down the wild life office?

Maybe he gaslights himself. 

So, let me see if I understand: 

The guy that fled and was shot, that's on him. The people that are trying to burn down buildings, that's on the Fed. 
Wildlife 27 was an example of how to handle a protest peacefully, even though a dude died. Arresting people for destruction of property is violent, even though no one has died.

This didn't start with people trying to burn down buildings. I'm saying that people could have made better choices, before it got to that point.
Another similarity between these two incidents, is that the city and county authorities were sympathetic to the protesters in both cases. I think that the right-wing County sheriffs out in rural Oregon set an example, that the mayor of Portland is following today. It's unfortunate, because when the local authorities do not cooperate with state and federal authorities, things get much more complicated.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 10:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-29-2020, 09:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Obama was a true politician. I enjoyed his statesmanship, something Trump is truly lacking. Don't get me wrong, though. Obama did his fair share of buck passing. He just did it eloquently. If Trump had an ounce of Obama's discipline and oration, he'd be crushing it right now. Unfortunately, he doesn't.

Look, I don't agree with some of Trump's mannerisms, but it isn't hard to be a "statesman" when 99% of the MSM are kissing your [BLEEP] and doing your bidding for you, and never challenging you on anything. 

If Trump had even a semi MSM favorability, i'm sure he could be a little bit more of a "statesman". He doesn't, and 2 media outlets and social media are the only way he can communicate with the American people.

Just as Trump pointed out he was being spied on LONG before it was proven true, he also pointed out that the MSM is the true enemy of the people, which has also been proven true.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 11:00 AM by mikesez.)

(07-29-2020, 10:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Look, I don't agree with some of Trump's mannerisms, but it isn't hard to be a "statesman" when 99% of the MSM are kissing your [BLEEP] and doing your bidding for you, and never challenging you on anything. 

If Trump had even a semi MSM favorability, i'm sure he could be a little bit more of a "statesman". He doesn't, and 2 media outlets and social media are the only way he can communicate with the American people.

Just as Trump pointed out he was being spied on LONG before it was proven true, he also pointed out that the MSM is the true enemy of the people, which has also been proven true.

When you get inaugurated, and you have your press secretary, out for his first conference, and he lectures the press, saying that his inauguration crowd was the biggest one ever, when photographic evidence clearly indicates it was not, you don't get to complain about having bad "MSM favorability."
Don't piss on the press and tell them to report it as rainfall.

(07-29-2020, 07:57 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 01:06 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's kind of like when I point out that your analogy was flawed because a dude was killed while being arrested, but you ignore it.

The analogy doesn't have to be perfect.
The dude who died was (a) part of a group that was allowed to take over a federal building, (b) decided to be part of a smaller group to go on a little trip, © that smaller group was cornered on the road by a joint operation of FBI and Oregon State Police, (d) then he swore that he would die rather than be arrested. He attempted to run, and he told the officers to shoot them. All of the other people he was traveling with gave themselves up peacefully. Obviously his decision to run and die says more about him than it does about FBI tactics on that day.

none of those four things are immediately relevant to what's going on in Portland, because nothing like that has been allowed to happen, yet.

All I'm saying is that there is precedent to allow protesters to have the building they want, and then more or less lock them in it.

Interesting take you have here.  Caucasian man resist arrest and runs and it is on him.  Rayshard Brooks did the same thing and it was police brutality.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-29-2020, 10:59 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 10:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Look, I don't agree with some of Trump's mannerisms, but it isn't hard to be a "statesman" when 99% of the MSM are kissing your [BLEEP] and doing your bidding for you, and never challenging you on anything. 

When you get inaugurated, and you have your press secretary, out for his first conference, and he lectures the press, saying that his inauguration crowd was the biggest one ever, when photographic evidence clearly indicates it was not, you don't get to complain about having bad "MSM favorability."

The press was pissing on Trump long before his inauguration.  Do you disagree?

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 12:00 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-29-2020, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 10:59 AM)mikesez Wrote: When you get inaugurated, and you have your press secretary, out for his first conference, and he lectures the press, saying that his inauguration crowd was the biggest one ever, when photographic evidence clearly indicates it was not, you don't get to complain about having bad "MSM favorability."

Likewise w/ Fox pissing on Obama, John Kerry, etc. prior to the General Elections.

(07-29-2020, 11:17 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 07:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: The analogy doesn't have to be perfect.

Interesting take you have here.  Caucasian man resist arrest and runs and it is on him.  Rayshard Brooks did the same thing and it was police brutality.

That's fair.  Sort of.  The situations are close, except, Brooks was running away and shot in the back.
Finicum was standing still, facing the men who shot him, and reaching for a weapon.

(07-29-2020, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The press was pissing on Trump long before his inauguration.  Do you disagree?

Are referring to Fox News (Meghan Kelly)

(07-29-2020, 11:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The press was pissing on Trump long before his inauguration.  Do you disagree?

Likewise w/ Fox pissing on Obama, John Kerry, etc. prior to the General Elections.

So, < 1% of the MSM were hard on your guys? C'mon HURRICANE. The MSM doesn't even attempt to be objective these days.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 12:52 PM by mikesez.)

(07-29-2020, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 10:59 AM)mikesez Wrote: When you get inaugurated, and you have your press secretary, out for his first conference, and he lectures the press, saying that his inauguration crowd was the biggest one ever, when photographic evidence clearly indicates it was not, you don't get to complain about having bad "MSM favorability."

I don't disagree.  But.
Trump could have hit a reset button, and started acting like a winner, three different times.
The press was ready to give him a mulligan on election night.  They actually praised his speech that night.
Then they were ready to be nice after the inauguration.  Give him and his staff a chance to act like they won. But they act like aggrieved losers again, right out of the box.
Third, the crisis we are in now, they were definitely ready to say "Trump is finally acting presidential," but, first he called it a hoax, then he insisted on going against his own scientists to praise a drug that, at first was untested, but, by now, has repeatedly failed randomized trials.

(07-29-2020, 12:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Yes.  But.
Trump could have hit a reset button, and started acting like a winner, three different times.
The press was ready to give him a mulligan on election night.  They actually praised his speech that night.
Then they were ready to be nice after the inauguration.  Give him and his staff a chance to act like they won. But they act like aggrieved losers again, right out of the box.
Third, the crisis we are in now, they were definitely ready to say "Trump is finally acting presidential," but, first he called it a hoax, then he insisted on going against his own scientists to praise a drug that, at first was untested, but, by now, has repeatedly failed randomized trials.

Trump couldn't have beaten 17 established politicians hitting the reset button. He had to utilize the personality that got him where he was. 

LOL at the press ready to give him a mulligan on election night. You live in an alternate reality.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 12:48 PM by mikesez.)

(07-29-2020, 12:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 12:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes.  But.

Trump couldn't have beaten 17 established politicians hitting the reset button. He had to utilize the personality that got him where he was. 

LOL at the press ready to give him a mulligan on election night. You live in an alternate reality.

Here's what the LA times ran on election night:
https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p...story.html
It's a positive article.
I could give many more examples.

I remember how I felt too.
I wasn't apprehensive at all. Y'all say I have TDS now, but I didn't. I didn't want him to be the nominee. I wanted Kasich or Rubio. But after his election night speech, I thought he might be turning over a new leaf. I slept soundly that night.
I figured that, either the campaign drama was all for show and he was ready to govern like an adult, or, if he wasn't, Republicans in Congress would check him. Either way we'd be fine.
I'm truly shocked, still, that he didn't start behaving like an adult, and the Republicans in the Senate ended up doing zilch about it.

(07-29-2020, 12:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 12:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump couldn't have beaten 17 established politicians hitting the reset button. He had to utilize the personality that got him where he was. 

Here's what the LA times ran on election night:
It's a positive article.

I wasn't apprehensive at all.  Y'all say I have TDS now, but I didn't. I didn't want him to be the nominee.  I wanted Kasich or Rubio. But after his election night speech, I thought he might be turning over a new leaf. I slept soundly that night.
I figured that, either the campaign drama was all for show and he was ready to govern like an adult, or, if he wasn't, Republicans in Congress would check him.  Either way we'd be fine.
I'm truly shocked, still, that he didn't start behaving like an adult, and the Republicans in the Senate ended up doing zilch about it.

The press was never going to give DJT a reset. He literally just wiped the electoral floor with the queen they already anointed to POTUS.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 01:05 PM by mikesez.)

(07-29-2020, 12:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 12:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: Here's what the LA times ran on election night:
It's a positive article.

I wasn't apprehensive at all.  Y'all say I have TDS now, but I didn't. I didn't want him to be the nominee.  I wanted Kasich or Rubio. But after his election night speech, I thought he might be turning over a new leaf. I slept soundly that night.
I figured that, either the campaign drama was all for show and he was ready to govern like an adult, or, if he wasn't, Republicans in Congress would check him.  Either way we'd be fine.

The press was never going to give DJT a reset. He literally just wiped the electoral floor with the queen they already anointed to POTUS.

We're fighting against the backfire effect here.  I could get you a time machine to 2016 and contact information for all sorts of mainstream journalists willing to be interviewed by you, and you still wouldn't believe. 
I can't do that, but I can show you what they wrote at the time. Here's another article.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/d...ory-speech