Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kodak --- Welcome to the Swamp

(08-04-2020, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 01:34 PM)_rushing Wrote: Once Trump bans social media people are going to have to share physical instant photos. They are just getting ahead of the curve.

My mom still keeps physical scrapbooks. I laugh at her, but find myself looking at them every time I go to her house. I also have thousands of pictures broken up into folders by year that I haven't looked at since I took them. It's easy to get carried away with digital pics and you tend to keep more meaningful ones when they are in a physical book.

Having said that, I can see the Polaroid making a comeback. If for nothing more than nostalgic physical, in your hand pictures.

They can’t be hacked.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-04-2020, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My mom still keeps physical scrapbooks. I laugh at her, but find myself looking at them every time I go to her house. I also have thousands of pictures broken up into folders by year that I haven't looked at since I took them. It's easy to get carried away with digital pics and you tend to keep more meaningful ones when they are in a physical book.

Having said that, I can see the Polaroid making a comeback. If for nothing more than nostalgic physical, in your hand pictures.

So true --- we probably have ~ 500 real pics in scrap books at my mom's home (that I actually look at) whereas I have thousands of pics somewhere in a cloud which will just go away to never neverland when i die.

(08-04-2020, 02:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My mom still keeps physical scrapbooks. I laugh at her, but find myself looking at them every time I go to her house. I also have thousands of pictures broken up into folders by year that I haven't looked at since I took them. It's easy to get carried away with digital pics and you tend to keep more meaningful ones when they are in a physical book.

So true --- we probably have ~ 500 real pics in scrap books at my mom's home (that I actually look at) whereas I have thousands of pics somewhere in a cloud which will just go away to never neverland when i die.

You can still do it.

Nothing to see here.

Read the manuals....read the books.

(08-04-2020, 02:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 02:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So true --- we probably have ~ 500 real pics in scrap books at my mom's home (that I actually look at) whereas I have thousands of pics somewhere in a cloud which will just go away to never neverland when i die.

You can still do it.

I like the link --- kind of costly but that is a cool concept done very nicely.  Maybe i just do prints and buy the scrapbooks with the really sticky pages if they still make those.  If i do something like that, however, it would take time away from the really important posts that I make here on the Jags message board.  I don't want to deprive my virtual friends of my time and attention just because i want to do something nice for the family.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-05-2020, 09:14 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 02:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You can still do it.

I like the link --- kind of costly but that is a cool concept done very nicely.  Maybe i just do prints and buy the scrapbooks with the really sticky pages if they still make those.  If i do something like that, however, it would take time away from the really important posts that I make here on the Jags message board.  I don't want to deprive my virtual friends of my time and attention just because i want to do something nice for the family.

Priorities matter.

Loan Halted Pending Further Investigation  --- STOCK PLUNGES.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/investing...index.html

Shady Dealings !!!!