Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LOL -- Trump Wants Election Delayed

(07-30-2020, 04:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 03:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yea, they have zero level of care

Especially with all the independent contractors driving around in their Geo Metros.

which is why I'm glad that the supervisor of elections verified with me that they received my ballot back.
What's the problem?

People are going to stores, wearing masks, social distancing, etc.  Why can we not go to a physical polling place as usual?  What's the problem?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-30-2020, 01:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I still think that the GOP strategy of shutting down voting precincts in the uban areas is pretty creative.

I haven't heard about that one.

Up until 2013, federal law required certain states and counties to get approval from federal department of Justice before they changed any aspect of their voting procedure.
The supreme Court said that policy was out of date in 2013, and since that time those areas have closed a lot of polling places.
People are assuming that this is being done in a way to discourage poor and non-white people from voting, but it's not necessarily so.
here's an article that attempts to present both sides of the argument:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-el...SKCN1VV09J
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Trump is right. You can't have the results of the election 2 weeks after it happens. The USPS sucks. That is all.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 01:30 AM by haveaseat.)

Trump still a clown. Nothing new here.

I think the real question is if Stroudcrowd will change his profile pic if Trump loses

(07-31-2020, 09:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump is right. You can't have the results of the election 2 weeks after it happens. The USPS sucks. That is all.

yeah they suck because they are underfunded... its just so frustrating that hardcore hardcore trump supporters just repeat what he says instead of establishing a new thought provoking point.

Man, I know you're smart, voting by mail is not a new concept, its been around forever. Its safe, reliable, and everyone can do it. Wouldn't you want an election like that? Because, currently elections are not like that due to voter suppression, gerrymandering, and what ever the %$#@ happened in Arizona and Georgia.

(08-02-2020, 03:53 AM)MojoKing Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 09:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump is right. You can't have the results of the election 2 weeks after it happens. The USPS sucks. That is all.

yeah they suck because they are underfunded... its just so frustrating that hardcore hardcore trump supporters and progressives just repeat what he says they are told instead of establishing a new thought provoking point.

Man, I know you're smart, voting by mail is not a new concept, its been around forever. Its safe, reliable, and everyone can do it. Wouldn't you want an election like that? Because, currently elections are not like that due to voter suppression, gerrymandering, and what ever the %$#@ happened in Arizona and Georgia.

Fixed that for you.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 08:40 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-02-2020, 03:53 AM)MojoKing Wrote:

yeah they suck because they are underfunded... its just so frustrating that hardcore hardcore trump supporters just repeat what he says instead of establishing a new thought provoking point.

More funding doesn't fix broken government programs. 

My old mail lady sat in the guard house for 8 hours a day sorting mail for 350 homes. I'm pretty confident this scenario is a microcosm of the entire program.

If Biden is losing,  Dems will wait until there are enough ballots that come in for him to win, and again, you cant wait a month to know the result of an election. It won't work.

U.S Mail.

We're talking 'bout U.S. Mail?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-02-2020, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: U.S Mail.

Only Donald J Trump can make loons defend the USPS, lol.

(08-02-2020, 09:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: U.S Mail.

Only Donald J Trump can make loons defend the USPS, lol.

Well, first he defunds the postal service, then he says we can't have the election because the post office can't handle the ballots.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 09:56 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-02-2020, 09:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 09:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Only Donald J Trump can make loons defend the USPS, lol.

Well, first he defunds the postal service, then he says we can't have the election because the post office can't handle the ballots.

The USPS is a bloated bureaucratic mess. Are you really shedding a tear for one of the most inept services our tax payer funded Federal government runs?

Let me ask you this, have you ever sent anything USPS 1st class that HAD to be somewhere guaranteed? Don't get me wrong. It is good for sending birthday card and holiday cards that don't necessarily HAVE to get to their destination but is an added bonus if they do.

Just remember Marty, the old "check is in the mail" saying wasn't created because our USPS is a well oiled machine.

Ignorance!
The USPS is not taxpayer funded.
They get their money from postage.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 10:47 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-02-2020, 10:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: Ignorance!

Who funds the OPM?

Also, who will fund the proposed 25B bailout? That's a lot of 55 cent stamps.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2020/06/15/hous...s-bailout/

(08-02-2020, 10:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: Ignorance!

Who funds the OPM?

Administering a pension is not the same thing as funding a pension.

Lots of companies have gotten bailouts.  Is Chrysler taxpayer funded? They were for a little while, but usually, they aren't.

(08-02-2020, 10:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who funds the OPM?

Administering a pension is not the same thing as funding a pension.

Lots of companies have gotten bailouts.  Is Chrysler taxpayer funded? They were for a little while, but usually, they aren't.

Tomato, TomatO. Bailouts are tax payer funded. 

The USPS is garbage. Stop deflecting. Let the private sector do what they do best. Get [BLEEP] done.

(08-02-2020, 10:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:52 AM)mikesez Wrote: Administering a pension is not the same thing as funding a pension.

Tomato, TomatO. Bailouts are tax payer funded. 

The USPS is garbage. Stop deflecting. Let the private sector do what they do best. Get [BLEEP] done.

The USPS is mandated by the Constitution.
Do you want to change the constitution?
Each county supervisor of elections is free to use UPS or FedEx to return ballots if they want to.

(08-02-2020, 11:31 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tomato, TomatO. Bailouts are tax payer funded. 

The USPS is mandated by the Constitution.
Do you want to change the constitution?
Each county supervisor of elections is free to use UPS or FedEx to return ballots if they want to.

It's more about security than the service used. You know this.

I don't want to get rid of the USPS. Like I said, I use them to send thank you cards and holiday cards. Stuff I can trust people like Newman with. They can coexist with private companies who are reliable.

This is a dumb idea. Even if the election went perfectly, which it won't, it adds an element of mistrust to the system. Even if you take away fraud, which you can't, you still have bureaucracy and incompetency that can act as bad actors in the process. There has also never been a more fanaticism, from both sides, than there is going to be in this election. The motivation to do whatever it takes has never been higher. Just one example of fraud is going to cast doubt on the entire process. This is a really bad time to be changing the system. I don't buy the voter disenfranchisement argument from the left, either. It's weak.

(08-02-2020, 08:28 AM)copycat Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 03:53 AM)MojoKing Wrote: yeah they suck because they are underfunded... its just so frustrating that hardcore hardcore trump supporters and progressives just repeat what he says they are told instead of establishing a new thought provoking point.

Fixed that for you.

Well i am neither, I think progressives say things based on reporting, historical facts, and debate. Trumpians (Republican doesn’t exist anymore), just listen to their god.