Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LOL -- Trump Wants Election Delayed

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 02:48 PM by mikesez.)

(08-02-2020, 01:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 11:31 AM)mikesez Wrote: The USPS is mandated by the Constitution.
Do you want to change the constitution?
Each county supervisor of elections is free to use UPS or FedEx to return ballots if they want to.

It's more about security than the service used. You know this.

I don't want to get rid of the USPS. Like I said, I use them to send thank you cards and holiday cards. Stuff I can trust people like Newman with. They can coexist with private companies who are reliable.

So why don't you demand that your supervisor of elections switch to UPS or FedEx?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-02-2020, 02:41 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 08:28 AM)copycat Wrote: Fixed that for you.

Well i am neither, I think progressives say things based on reporting, historical facts, and debate. Trumpians (Republican doesn’t exist anymore), just listen to their god.

Progressives say things based on narrative. It is supreme. There are some Trumpians out there that do the same, but progressivism is almost exclusively tied to narrative at this point. It's creeping into the institutions. You can make that claim about liberal democrats, but that's it.

Well i am neither, I think progressives say things based on reporting, historical facts, and debate. Trumpians (Republican doesn’t exist anymore), just listen to their god.

You must not know any progessives.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

And yet you...never mind, you have proven my point.  I know of no Trump supporter that does know exactly who he is and that progressives refuse to understand this singular concept is why our once great nation will burn when he is re-elected.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-02-2020, 02:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 02:41 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Well i am neither, I think progressives say things based on reporting, historical facts, and debate. Trumpians (Republican doesn’t exist anymore), just listen to their god.

Progressives say things based on narrative. It is supreme. There are some Trumpians out there that do the same, but progressivism is almost exclusively tied to narrative at this point. It's creeping into the institutions. You can make that claim about liberal democrats, but that's it.

I agree. Progressives tell stories, and liberals (who historically belonged to both parties) try to base things on fact.
But I think the sum-total of Trumpism is based on narrative with no regard to facts.  
"Mexico sent rapists to us, so they must pay for the wall that we will build."
"Trade wars are easy to win.  Tariffs on China will bring manufacturing jobs back."
"The virus is the Democrats' big hoax."

Most of what you posted is a caricature of Republican talking points that have been filtered through an increasingly progressive media. I'm sure SOME Trump supporters think what you posted, but I don't think it's a majority.

(08-02-2020, 07:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Most of what you posted is a caricature of Republican talking points that have been filtered through an increasingly progressive media. I'm sure SOME Trump supporters think what you posted, but I don't think it's a majority.

All of those points are basically Trump and Trump only.
And they're not a caricature in the least. They are literally things that he has said.
It seems there are some supporters, let's call them the red hats, that literally believe what he says. And then there are other supporters, let's call them the white hats, who know that what Trump says is false, but want the red hats on their side, and they think they can control Trump. The white hats know it's all a narrative, but they are trying to hitch a ride on it.
If the liberals in the Democratic party ever give up their sense of the facts or of truth, and decide to hitch a ride on the back of progressives the same way, everything will be a lot worse.

(08-02-2020, 04:52 PM)copycat Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 02:41 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Well i am neither, I think progressives say things based on reporting, historical facts, and debate. Trumpians (Republican doesn’t exist anymore), just listen to their god.

And yet you...never mind, you have proven my point.  I know of no Trump supporter that does know exactly who he is and that progressives refuse to understand this singular concept is why our once great nation will burn when he is re-elected.

From what I understand Trumpers think of Donny as this amazing businessman who is not part of the political establishment, smart and says things like they are? They don’t want Biden because he’s part of the so called establishment. 

Look it’s fine to want all of those things in a president, I don’t disagree. The only problem is this guy isn’t that. He’s not remotely close to that. Hell I wouldn’t mind an Elon in office. Trump is an autocrat how do you not see this? 
And no I don’t need a damn talking point to tell me that. I SEE it. He’s not hiding it. Occupation of Portland, Voter Suppression, Not listening to science on Covid, wanting to delay election, soliciting Russia to “hack” a political opponent. 
If this were 1980 y’all would be hating Regan I guess.

(08-02-2020, 08:46 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 04:52 PM)copycat Wrote: And yet you...never mind, you have proven my point.  I know of no Trump supporter that does know exactly who he is and that progressives refuse to understand this singular concept is why our once great nation will burn when he is re-elected.

From what I understand Trumpers think of Donny as this amazing businessman who is not part of the political establishment, smart and says things like they are? They don’t want Biden because he’s part of the so called establishment. 

Look it’s fine to want all of those things in a president, I don’t disagree. The only problem is this guy isn’t that. He’s not remotely close to that. Hell I wouldn’t mind an Elon in office. Trump is an autocrat how do you not see this? 
And no I don’t need a damn talking point to tell me that. I SEE it. He’s not hiding it. Occupation of Portland, Voter Suppression, Not listening to science on Covid, wanting to delay election, soliciting Russia to “hack” a political opponent. 

Lunacy. THe thing is, "from what you understand" is clearly not a hell of a lot. "Occupation of Portland", hahahaa...what a load of [BLEEP]. Voter Suppression? He's insisting we have a fair election. Not listening? He's done everything those so called "experts" suggested no matter how many times they flip flop. RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA? Lol, you really have lost your mind if you think his off hand snarky comment was anything of the sort. How do you not see this? Oh yeah, your worldview is distorted into a fun house mirror. You lose and your biased view of the world is a sad as Mikesez's. Sad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Democrats played right into Trump's hands again. Even the idiot Rjnos were all over these comments. They all missed what he was doing with the comment and now he has an easy transition to open stuff up since it is safe to vote and can push to shut down the mail-in voter fraud.

(08-02-2020, 09:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 08:46 PM)MojoKing Wrote: From what I understand Trumpers think of Donny as this amazing businessman who is not part of the political establishment, smart and says things like they are? They don’t want Biden because he’s part of the so called establishment. 

Lunacy. THe thing is, "from what you understand" is clearly not a hell of a lot. "Occupation of Portland", hahahaa...what a load of [BLEEP]. Voter Suppression? He's insisting we have a fair election. Not listening? He's done everything those so called "experts" suggested no matter how many times they flip flop. RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA? Lol, you really have lost your mind if you think his off hand snarky comment was anything of the sort. How do you not see this? Oh yeah, your worldview is distorted into a fun house mirror. You lose and your biased view of the world is a sad as Mikesez's. Sad.

Like I said I’m not affiliated with either party. But judging by your disposition you’re Trump. 
Look Man, reread what I SEE. Trump asked during his 2016 campaign in June if Russia could hack Hilary. That’s not up for debate. He said that. Sure let’s forget all of our intelligence agency’s said Russia has been and is interfering in our election. I’m willing to forget that. Voter suppression is happening by not having mail in ballots and lower number of voter precincts. That’s just a fact man, that’s a partisan thing. I’m not even gonna entertain your covid argument. Thousands of Americans have died because of this administration. But sure let’s forget them too?

This is my problem having a conservation with you guys. It’s impossible. Really I am trying to understand but it’s impossible when we can’t discuss on some solid ground of fact.

(08-02-2020, 10:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The Democrats played right into Trump's hands again. Even the idiot Rjnos were all over these comments. They all missed what he was doing with the comment and now he has an easy transition to open stuff up since it is safe to vote and can push to shut down the mail-in voter fraud.

I dont know why people continue to underestimate the Trump campaigns ability to to play the long game.

That is not voter suppression. That is a talking point. Again, the problem democrats have is voter disinterest. They are doing everything in their power to get the disinterested vote.

(08-03-2020, 08:01 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That is not voter suppression. That is a talking point. Again, the problem democrats have is voter disinterest. They are doing everything in their power to get the disinterested vote.

Agreed. They have that issue and they are terrible at running campaigns. 

However, do keep in mind that Dems overwhelmingly have won all but 1 of the 6 general elections we’ve had since Clinton. The popular vote is on their side by far. And it’s only going to be by more this time around. 

But, lack of voter protection is a thing in this country. The reason Georgia had lines lasting miles was because of the faulty systems and lack of available precincts. These were in predominately low income neighborhoods with more minorities. Hell if you have a minor weed offense and you spend prison time for it you have troubles voting or you can’t Vote at all. How is that justifiable?

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 04:05 PM by p_rushing.)

(08-03-2020, 02:34 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:01 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That is not voter suppression. That is a talking point. Again, the problem democrats have is voter disinterest. They are doing everything in their power to get the disinterested vote.
But, lack of voter protection is a thing in this country. The reason Georgia had lines lasting miles was because of the faulty systems and lack of available precincts. These were in predominately low income neighborhoods with more minorities. Hell if you have a minor weed offense and you spend prison time for it you have troubles voting or you can’t Vote at all. How is that justifiable?

There is plenty of time to vote with early voting and absentee voting. As far as people that lose their voting rights, they know or should know the laws. If you break the laws, too bad. If you don't like the laws, you can vote to change them before you commit your crimes.

I'd be open to changing voting rights for certain crimes, but I think sweeping changes are unwise.

(08-03-2020, 04:04 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 02:34 PM)MojoKing Wrote: But, lack of voter protection is a thing in this country. The reason Georgia had lines lasting miles was because of the faulty systems and lack of available precincts. These were in predominately low income neighborhoods with more minorities. Hell if you have a minor weed offense and you spend prison time for it you have troubles voting or you can’t Vote at all. How is that justifiable?

There is plenty of time to vote with early voting and absentee voting. As far as people that lose their voting rights, they know or should know the laws. If you break the laws, too bad. If you don't like the laws, you can vote to change them before you commit your crimes.

Early voting and absentee are a product of voting by mail. So I don’t understand what the big hooopla is. and man come on, people should lose their right to franchise, the most powerful right we fought for in our independence just because they got caught trying to smoke a J once? That’s ridiculous

I am going to pay $10.00 to every one of my neighbors that give me their ballot to mail in.

What a great idea.

A NY primary was June 23rd with no winner still, and Democrats want this nation wide, lol. Dad always said you can't fix stupid. Words to live by.

Trump has done a great job demonizing mail in voting. Smart man.