Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LOL -- Trump Wants Election Delayed

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics...n/2542252/

I actually suggested this in the past.  Smile

Great Minds Think Alike -- uh oh did I just say that 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ieoquq8d52p4mgseo7...=giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Take away that dude's twitter.

Mail-in voting will be declared this biggest fraud ever - by the losing candidate.

Mail in voting is going to cause problems.

(07-30-2020, 09:50 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Mail in voting is going to cause problems.

Does this mean I only get 1 vote this time?  If so then yes, this is going to be a problem !!!

(07-30-2020, 09:52 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 09:50 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Mail in voting is going to cause problems.

Does this mean I only get 1 vote this time?  If so then yes, this is going to be a problem !!!

A mail-in Mulligan. I like it.

It won't, but they'll say it did.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-30-2020, 10:05 AM)mikesez Wrote:

It won't, but they'll say it did.

Lol

Mail In Results seem much easier to get lost, counted wrong or just flat out destroyed and re-written.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 10:44 AM by The Real Marty.)

If he really thought he was going to win, he wouldn't be wanting to delay the election.

And just FYI, he does not have the power to delay the election.

(07-30-2020, 10:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 10:05 AM)mikesez Wrote: It won't, but they'll say it did.

Lol

Mail In Results seem much easier to get lost, counted wrong or just flat out destroyed and re-written.

There are too may ways to verify a mail in ballot.  It would be a very difficult task to influence an election by forging mail in ballots.

Seems to be a assumption that all the ballots would be delivered. You can bet there would be millions that are not. Would not want to put the election in the hands of one of the most incompetent federally run entities that exist.

It will take months after the election to verify all the ballots. Simply not feasible. What happens if a mail transport truck crashes and burns up a half a million ballots? What happens when some loony left or right wing mail carrier that services a generally liberal or conservative area decides to "Help" his or her favorite choice and just lose some ballots accidentally? To many variables for my liking.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I still think that the GOP strategy of shutting down voting precincts in the uban areas is pretty creative.

Politically just a stupid move on trumps part I don’t get it
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-30-2020, 11:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I still think that the GOP strategy of shutting down voting precincts in the uban areas is pretty creative.

I haven't heard about that one.

(07-30-2020, 01:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I still think that the GOP strategy of shutting down voting precincts in the uban areas is pretty creative.

I haven't heard about that one.

Quit using Bing  Smile

Here in Nevada we had a mail-in ballot, and it was incredibly easy and the election results went smoothly. 

Mail-in ballots aren’t a new concept they’ve been around forever. It’s a more efficient process and obviously the safest option during these dark times

Lol

?
with in person voting, when you put it your ballot in the box, you never see it again.
This is why we never let just one person handle the ballots or count them.  
we always have two or three people watching at every step.
now the post service doesn't necessarily have that level of care, but if you mail in your ballot early, the supervisor of elections website will say whether or not they got it. At least that is how it works in Orlando.
I mailed my ballot in about 10 days ago and the website said they got it about 5 days ago.

It was actually a pretty brilliant move by The President.  Most low-information people see "Trump wants to delay the election!".  However, what he is suggesting is that since a lot of people are too "scared" to go to a polling place because of the China virus, then perhaps we can wait until they are not so scared.  It's funny how these same people are not so "scared" to go to a WalMart, Target, etc. with their mask on, but they are "too scared" to go to the polls.

It's pretty much the same excuse that democrats are using to avoid a debate.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Lol

I think it depends on how it's done.  If they just mail out blank ballots, that might be susceptible to fraud, but if they do it like Florida does with mail in ballots, it's very secure.  It comes with your name printed on it, it's bar-coded so it can be tracked, and you have to sign it so they can verify your signature against the one they have on file.  Those steps make it very difficult to accomplish any fraud big enough to swing an election.

(07-30-2020, 02:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 10:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Lol

?
with in person voting, when you put it your ballot in the box, you never see it again.
now the post service doesn't necessarily have that level of care, but if you mail in your ballot early, the supervisor of elections website will say whether or not they got it. At least that is how it works in Orlando.
I mailed my ballot in about 10 days ago and the website said they got it about 5 days ago.

Yea, they have zero level of care

Especially with all the independent contractors driving around in their Geo Metros.

(07-30-2020, 03:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: ?

Yea, they have zero level of care

Especially with all the independent contractors driving around in their Geo Metros.

which is why I'm glad that the supervisor of elections verified with me that they received my ballot back.
What's the problem?