Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DL Al Woods Opts Out of 2020 Season

[Image: 116117895_3377652982287319_3800125771595...e=5F4AB03D]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2020, 12:27 PM by Brett.)

And the magnifying glass on Taven Bryan now becomes even more intense.

makes a ton of sense for him and we lose out best run stopper, thankfully the season will only last a few games at most

Dude has career earnings of over $17 million whereas the average american won't even earn $3 million ---- must be nice to make $150,000 to sit at home and watch Netflix. Personally, I don't blame him one bit.

Time to call Marcel Darius.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(07-31-2020, 12:59 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Time to call Marcel Darius.

and pay $15 million for a season in which we may only play a portion of the season and still finish at the bottom?

i think the more people that opt out is in Khan's best interest.  Save $$ and get the #1 pick.

(07-31-2020, 01:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

and pay $15 million for a season in which we may only play a portion of the season and still finish at the bottom?

i think the more people that opt out is in Khan's best interest.  Save $$ and get the #1 pick.

the contracts toll so you don't actually save much. also dareus won't cost anywhere near that + id say its likely he sits out

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2020, 02:52 PM by Dewboy01.)

(07-31-2020, 12:26 PM)Brett Wrote: And the magnifying glass on Taven Bryan now becomes even more intense.

C'mon - We  all know that Taven Bryan opted out right before his rookie season started, he just hasn't officially notified anyone yet.......and he's hoping no one notices for another couple of years

(07-31-2020, 02:50 PM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 12:26 PM)Brett Wrote: And the magnifying glass on Taven Bryan now becomes even more intense.

C'mon - We  all know that Taven Bryan opted out right before his rookie season started, he just hasn't officially notified anyone yet.......and he's hoping no one notices for another couple of years

good point !!

(07-31-2020, 12:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude has career earnings of over $17 million whereas the average american won't even earn $3 million ---- must be nice to make $150,000 to sit at home and watch Netflix.  Personally, I don't blame him one bit.

The average american also won't work hard for much of anything. The average american is lazy and more and more of them are entitled thinking they are owed something for nothing. The average american is usually watching Netflix while a guy like Al Woods is out putting in work to be as best a football player as he can be.

Must be nice to work your butt off to become something and earn something as opposed to sitting around whining about why you don't make millions while working at McD's after dropping out of high school or getting a college degree in basket weaving while accruing 50k in student loan debts.

Choices matter. Al Woods didn't luck into being an NFL millionaire. The average american doesn't luck into being a loser.

That will get more and more players on the list. As really the season going on is slim to none or looking that way.
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

Snacks Harrison could be an option.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(07-31-2020, 01:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I've honestly been wondering if this is what the Patriots plan has been. A lot of their starters have already opted out.

(07-31-2020, 06:04 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 01:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: and pay $15 million for a season in which we may only play a portion of the season and still finish at the bottom?

I've honestly been wondering if this is what the Patriots plan has been. A lot of their starters have already opted out.

no its not a plan

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 01:11 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(07-31-2020, 04:51 PM)Passepartout Wrote: That will get more and more players on the list. As really the season going on is slim to none or looking that way.

It seems like Jason LaCanfora and other bozos in the sports media are rooting for this, too. If it happens, I hope they get laid off as a result of no one clicking their articles about lacrosse and ping pong tournaments. Should give them a dose of reality.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Larente McCray too...

Just cancel the season already. Hockey is back anyhow.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-01-2020, 04:47 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Larente McCray too...

Just cancel the season already. Hockey is back anyhow.

Watching hockey right now and it's weird without fans in the stands.

(08-01-2020, 01:10 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:51 PM)Passepartout Wrote: That will get more and more players on the list. As really the season going on is slim to none or looking that way.

It seems like Jason LaCanfora and other bozos in the sports media are rooting for this, too. If it happens, I hope they get laid off as a result of no one clicking their articles about lacrosse and ping pong tournaments. Should give them a dose of reality.

think about what you just said. Sports media people aren't rooting for seasons not to happen because it'll cripple their industry and their pay, they're just being realistic

I think Shaquille Quaterman steps into McCray’s ST role.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 09:13 PM by mal234.)

(08-01-2020, 07:31 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 01:10 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: It seems like Jason LaCanfora and other bozos in the sports media are rooting for this, too. If it happens, I hope they get laid off as a result of no one clicking their articles about lacrosse and ping pong tournaments. Should give them a dose of reality.

think about what you just said. Sports media people aren't rooting for seasons not to happen because it'll cripple their industry and their pay, they're just being realistic

It really does seem like some of them are. It's one thing to be realistic, it's another thing to be overwhelming negative and pessimistic and many of the sports media, at least those who constantly post on Twitter fall into that category. They are constantly suggesting that it will be almost impossible to have sports, even though sports are getting back into action. (Including some that have been successfully going on/even completed like Women's soccer and the Basketball tournament.)

They are constantly hanging onto any bit of negative information they can regarding this virus and trying to use that say why they think sports won't happen. There is something perverse about the way they act, especially considering their jobs literally depend on sports happening. Even some other people in sports media (like Kyle Brandt and others) have pointed out their behavior. 

If sports like football are cancelled some of these people (maybe a lot) will be laid off. And they will go on Twitter complaining about it and probably blaming sports/their bosses, even though they have constantly been pounding the "Sports should be cancelled" drum. And some if not many of them probably won't find work anytime soon. ESPN has constantly been firing/laying people off the past few years and people don't read things like newspapers like they used to. 

They need to be careful on what they wish for because things will get very real for them, if NFL/MLB is cancelled and some of these people in the sports media will be laid off long term. It's easy to dump on sports and all but hope for cancellation when there's still hope for sports to begin continue. But if they are really cancelled, I think that a lot of the people in the media are really going to get big dose of reality. They are going to find out that rooting against their jobs and constantly being negative on Twitter is not going to pay off.