Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to surprise in 2020?

(08-05-2020, 05:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 04:08 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: My man I love you as a fellow Jaguar fan I promise here. Our roster is not that good and we going to go 3-13

Minshew makes this a 6-10 team at the least. 
I think we go 6-10 or 7-9
I asked you my good man to objectively look at that schedule and see how many good quarterbacks and defenses we played this year and please tell me how we going to win at 6 games.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-05-2020, 05:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 04:08 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: My man I love you as a fellow Jaguar fan I promise here. Our roster is not that good and we going to go 3-13

Minshew makes this a 6-10 team at the least. 

That was my prediction with Minshew playing well and a regular offseason. 
With barely any offseason, nope, I think our best is 5-11.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-31-2020, 05:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_7anfLqhZE&feature=share

AH, we may win 6 instead of the predicted 5 and end up with the 5th overall pick instead of first. Very  surprising indeed, unless your a jag fan that has already seen this story play out multiple times over the last two decades...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-05-2020, 06:48 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 05:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Minshew makes this a 6-10 team at the least. 
I asked you my good man to objectively look at that schedule and see how many good quarterbacks and defenses we played this year and please tell me how we going to win at 6 games.

Jags will win 6 games because the Jags have the worst luck in history.  

In a year when we should go 1-15 or 2-14 and get the first overall pick of the draft, setting the franchise up for a decade of success, we'll win 6 games, miss out on a franchise QB and continue to struggle.

(08-05-2020, 08:20 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:48 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I asked you my good man to objectively look at that schedule and see how many good quarterbacks and defenses we played this year and please tell me how we going to win at 6 games.

Jags will win 6 games because the Jags have the worst luck in history.  

In a year when we should go 1-15 or 2-14 and get the first overall pick of the draft, setting the franchise up for a decade of success, we'll win 6 games, miss out on a franchise QB and continue to struggle.

Minshew is a franchise QB.

(08-05-2020, 06:48 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 05:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Minshew makes this a 6-10 team at the least. 

Bengals, Phins, Browns, Bears. None of the QBs for these teams nor the defenses are elite.
Also clots with Rivers ain't scaring anyone and their defense is good not great.
the bolts may have a good defense but neither tyrod nor herbert are worrisome. 
and the tacks have a question mark at QB as to whether playoff Tannehill is the real Tannehill. But let's say they are the best team in the division, even the tinhorns have an aging and questionable defense and without Nuke the offense will not be the same, albeit with Houdini in the pocket.

so 2 division wins plus 4 wins from Bengals, Phins, Bolts, Browns, Bears.

Add in one of the usual surprise wins against a team we shouldn't beat, or perhaps a team we sometimes have their number even when we're bad a la the Steelers.

It really isn't that crazy to think about a 6-7 win team next year.

I would say 8-8 is the likely ceiling and a goal to prove that A) Minshew IS the man and b) our team is rebuilding in a positive way. 
6-7 wins would be a success considering roster turnover of many players, especially if Yan doesn't play or gets moved.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 04:31 PM by leopold332002.)

(08-06-2020, 03:49 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:48 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I asked you my good man to objectively look at that schedule and see how many good quarterbacks and defenses we played this year and please tell me how we going to win at 6 games.

Bengals, Phins, Browns, Bears. None of the QBs for these teams nor the defenses are elite.
Also clots with Rivers ain't scaring anyone and their defense is good not great.
and the tacks have a question mark at QB as to whether playoff Tannehill is the real Tannehill. But let's say they are the best team in the division, even the tinhorns have an aging and questionable defense and without Nuke the offense will not be the same, albeit with Houdini in the pocket.

Add in one of the usual surprise wins against a team we shouldn't beat, or perhaps a team we sometimes have their number even when we're bad a la the Steelers.

I would say 8-8 is the likely ceiling and a goal to prove that A) Minshew IS the man and b) our team is rebuilding in a positive way. 
6-7 wins would be a success considering roster turnover of many players, especially if Yan doesn't play or gets moved.

I appreciate your positive feedback and let me debunked some of your argument. Browns, dolphins, Bengals, and the Bears have better roster overall than us as a franchise if you look at it objectively. In the Bears case, they do have a elite defense and as much as I appreciate what Gardner Minshew had done last year he hasn't won a game in his career against a good or Elite defense last year. Philip Rivers always play well against us even at the late stages of his career. The Tennessee Titans roster is built to explore our weakness on defense so that's going to be a problem too. In addition, the Houston Texans roster is as weak as has ever been during the DeShaun Watson era but let's be fair, he always plays well against our defense. Bottom line, I just do not see more than three wins from our team this year because of our inexperience on defense and team's ability to game plan against Gardner Minshew as a result, he might not have the same success as he did last year.

(08-06-2020, 03:49 PM)Kane Wrote:

This is really bad.

LDE - Josh Allen
LDT - Abry Jones
RDT - Taven Bryan  (Hamilton)
RDE - Yannick Ngakoue (Chaisson)
WLB - Myles Jack
MLB - Joe Schobert
SLB - Cassius Marsh Sr.
LCB - Tre Herndon
SS - Ronnie Harrison
FS - Jarrod Wilson
RCB - CJ Henderson

(08-06-2020, 04:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 03:49 PM)Kane Wrote: Bengals, Phins, Browns, Bears. None of the QBs for these teams nor the defenses are elite.

This is really bad.

LDE - Josh Allen
LDT - Abry Jones
WLB - Myles Jack
MLB - Joe Schobert
SLB - Cassius Marsh Sr.
LCB - Tre Herndon
SS - Ronnie Harrison
FS - Jarrod Wilson
RCB - CJ Henderson
Doesn't look that bad to me

defense will likely be around 24th-32nd in points allowed

(08-06-2020, 09:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: defense will likely be around 24th-32nd in points allowed

All depends on if we can stop the run or not.  I'm hoping we sign snacks or Darius and if Bryan takes the next step will be huge for us.  If we are decent against the run our D can easily be top half

(08-07-2020, 09:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 09:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: defense will likely be around 24th-32nd in points allowed

All depends on if we can stop the run or not.  I'm hoping we sign snacks or Darius and if Bryan takes the next step will be huge for us.  If we are decent against the run our D can easily be top half

More so depends on the pass defense than run. Going from a top 5 pressure unit to bottom 10 will require some high level scheming and play at the back end, which I don't think Wash or the DBs will be capable of

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 09:57 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-06-2020, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 04:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: This is really bad.

LDE - Josh Allen
LDT - Abry Jones
WLB - Myles Jack
MLB - Joe Schobert
SLB - Cassius Marsh Sr.
LCB - Tre Herndon
SS - Ronnie Harrison
FS - Jarrod Wilson
RCB - CJ Henderson

*Abry Jones adn Taven Bryan clogging up the middle --- LOL

*Cassius Marsh at OLB / heck, last year everyone was complaining about Miles Jack sucking.

*The secondary is totally raw with 2 of the 4 players not even being drafted.   This is a passing league except for the teams that know they can run up the gut against the Jags.  Nevertheless, there will be plenty of miscommunication in our secondary.  

*I'm assuming Yan will play so our edge rushers are looking good

* I see 5 players (Jones, Bryan, Marsh, Herndon, Wilson) that probably wouldn't start on any other team

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 10:08 AM by Kane.)

(08-06-2020, 04:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 03:49 PM)Kane Wrote: Bengals, Phins, Browns, Bears. None of the QBs for these teams nor the defenses are elite.

I appreciate your positive feedback and let me debunked some of your argument. Browns, dolphins, Bengals, and the Bears have better roster overall than us as a franchise if you look at it objectively. In the Bears case, they do have a elite defense and as much as I appreciate what Gardner Minshew had done last year he hasn't won a game in his career against a good or Elite defense last year. Philip Rivers always play well against us even at the late stages of his career. The Tennessee Titans roster is built to explore our weakness on defense so that's going to be a problem too. In addition, the Houston Texans roster is as weak as has ever been during the DeShaun Watson era but let's be fair, he always plays well against our defense. Bottom line, I just do not see more than three wins from our team this year because of our inexperience on defense and team's ability to game plan against Gardner Minshew as a result, he might not have the same success as he did last year.

So all the teams that finished worse than us last year got so much better than us in one off season? And we didn't get any better?

I ain't buyin' that my dude.
And no Minshew didn't win any games against elite defenses as a 6th round rookie. You say he might not have the same success as he did last year, and if that is true then we know he isn't a franchise QB and we'll be able to move on fairly easily. But I suspect he'll be better this year. 

And I wasn't picking teams that we're definitely going to beat mind you. You asked for teams we could beat in order to manage 6 or 7 wins. I named them. The way you "debunked" every team I mentioned means you think we are winning 0 games?

No matter how bad we've ever been we've always managed to beat some division opponents. I can't recall us ever going 0-6 in the division. And I'm not sure how you can objectively say the Bengals have a better overall roster than us. Or the Phins even... 

Bengals, Phins, Panthers, tinhorns, Giants, and Lions were all bottom barrel defenses last year.  4 of those teams are either starting rookie QBs or mediocre ones.
You said to look at the schedule and stated elite defenses and QBs that would give us trouble making it to the 6-7 win mark. I see just enough teams with bad defenses for Minshew to make some magic. And between guys like Stafford (coming off injury and ain't no spring chicken, along with a 'meh' offensive roster) and Rivers (yeah he's had our number but that was with the bolts, not the clots who I'd argue have fewer weapons) and Big Ben (who we've had his number and his best days are way behind him). I think it's fairly possible we can hit the mark you think is unattainable. 

If we win more than 8 games I'd be stunned.
If we only win 3, I'd be highly disappointed and it would shed a lot of light as to whether Minshew is the man and whether our OL is ANY good and whether our defense is being rebuilt properly.
Teams that only win 3 games are bad bad bad. (Like the Bengals who only won 2 last year so can't possibly have a better roster overall than us)

(08-07-2020, 09:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Doesn't look that bad to me

*Abry Jones adn Taven Bryan clogging up the middle --- LOL

*Cassius Marsh at OLB / heck, last year everyone was complaining about Miles Jack sucking.

*The secondary is totally raw with 2 of the 4 players not even being drafted.   This is a passing league except for the teams that know they can run up the gut against the Jags.  Nevertheless, there will be plenty of miscommunication in our secondary.  

* I see 5 players (Jones, Bryan, Marsh, Herndon, Wilson) that probably wouldn't start on any other team

I believe Leon Jacobs will be our SLB
I also think Hamilton will help a lot. And people still dogging Taven Bryan weren't paying attention last season. He has improved greatly. Won't ever be worth his first round selection, but that ain't on him.

(08-06-2020, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

LDE - Josh Allen
LDT - Abry Jones
WLB - Myles Jack
MLB - Joe Schobert
SLB - Cassius Marsh Sr.
LCB - Tre Herndon
SS - Ronnie Harrison
FS - Jarrod Wilson
RCB - CJ Henderson

It's not... but chicken littles gonna chicken little.

Can't find a single defense in the league without a couple "weak spots" or UDFA or stop gap players.

I also think the team will figure out a way to get Chaisson on the field with Yan (if he plays) and Allen some which could be kinda cool.

And outside of this 'meh' defense we should be able to lean into an offense that I think will be leaps and bounds better than last year.

(08-06-2020, 04:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

This is really bad.

LDE - Josh Allen
LDT - Abry Jones
WLB - Myles Jack
MLB - Joe Schobert
SLB - Cassius Marsh Sr.
LCB - Tre Herndon
SS - Ronnie Harrison
FS - Jarrod Wilson
RCB - CJ Henderson

And compare with

LDE- Calais Campbell
LDT- Malik Jackson
RDT- Marcell Dareus
RDE- Yannick Ngakoue 
WLB- Myles Jack
MLB- Poz
SLB- Telvin Smith
LCB- Jalen Ramsey
SS- Barry Church
FS- Tashaun Gipson
RCB- A.J Bouye

This roster has gone backwards massively. I hope I'm wrong but my expectations are so low. Like 3 wins would be pretty good.

We'll win 5/6 games I'd say, just because that's how the NFL usually goes.

People pretending like Todd washes least talented and youngest defense is going to be anything but bad with limited practice time are deluding themselves.

The offense will likely take some time to get going due to lack of reps but hard to see a scenario it's worse than last year and improve personnel wise + has the advantage of OLine continuity compared to other teams

(08-07-2020, 10:21 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

LDE - Josh Allen
LDT - Abry Jones
WLB - Myles Jack
MLB - Joe Schobert
SLB - Cassius Marsh Sr.
LCB - Tre Herndon
SS - Ronnie Harrison
FS - Jarrod Wilson
RCB - CJ Henderson

And compare with

LDE- Calais Campbell
LDT- Malik Jackson
RDT- Marcell Dareus
RDE- Yannick Ngakoue 
WLB- Myles Jack
MLB- Poz
SLB- Telvin Smith
LCB- Jalen Ramsey
SS- Barry Church
FS- Tashaun Gipson
RCB- A.J Bouye

This roster has gone backwards massively. I hope I'm wrong but my expectations are so low. Like 3 wins would be pretty good.

1 good year in a entire decade then it's all gone .... just like that.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47682vtggeyuh5vlfgeor...d=200w.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 04:41 PM by leopold332002.)

(08-07-2020, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 04:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I appreciate your positive feedback and let me debunked some of your argument. Browns, dolphins, Bengals, and the Bears have better roster overall than us as a franchise if you look at it objectively. In the Bears case, they do have a elite defense and as much as I appreciate what Gardner Minshew had done last year he hasn't won a game in his career against a good or Elite defense last year. Philip Rivers always play well against us even at the late stages of his career. The Tennessee Titans roster is built to explore our weakness on defense so that's going to be a problem too. In addition, the Houston Texans roster is as weak as has ever been during the DeShaun Watson era but let's be fair, he always plays well against our defense. Bottom line, I just do not see more than three wins from our team this year because of our inexperience on defense and team's ability to game plan against Gardner Minshew as a result, he might not have the same success as he did last year.

So all the teams that finished worse than us last year got so much better than us in one off season? And we didn't get any better?

I ain't buyin' that my dude.
And no Minshew didn't win any games against elite defenses as a 6th round rookie. You say he might not have the same success as he did last year, and if that is true then we know he isn't a franchise QB and we'll be able to move on fairly easily. But I suspect he'll be better this year. 

And I wasn't picking teams that we're definitely going to beat mind you. You asked for teams we could beat in order to manage 6 or 7 wins. I named them. The way you "debunked" every team I mentioned means you think we are winning 0 games?

No matter how bad we've ever been we've always managed to beat some division opponents. I can't recall us ever going 0-6 in the division. And I'm not sure how you can objectively say the Bengals have a better overall roster than us. Or the Phins even... 

Bengals, Phins, Panthers, tinhorns, Giants, and Lions were all bottom barrel defenses last year.  4 of those teams are either starting rookie QBs or mediocre ones.
You said to look at the schedule and stated elite defenses and QBs that would give us trouble making it to the 6-7 win mark. I see just enough teams with bad defenses for Minshew to make some magic. And between guys like Stafford (coming off injury and ain't no spring chicken, along with a 'meh' offensive roster) and Rivers (yeah he's had our number but that was with the bolts, not the clots who I'd argue have fewer weapons) and Big Ben (who we've had his number and his best days are way behind him). I think it's fairly possible we can hit the mark you think is unattainable. 

If we win more than 8 games I'd be stunned.
If we only win 3, I'd be highly disappointed and it would shed a lot of light as to whether Minshew is the man and whether our OL is ANY good and whether our defense is being rebuilt properly.
Teams that only win 3 games are bad bad bad. (Like the Bengals who only won 2 last year so can't possibly have a better roster overall than us)

(08-07-2020, 09:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: *Abry Jones adn Taven Bryan clogging up the middle --- LOL

I believe Leon Jacobs will be our SLB
I also think Hamilton will help a lot. And people still dogging Taven Bryan weren't paying attention last season. He has improved greatly. Won't ever be worth his first round selection, but that ain't on him.

Okay, I read your message so let me start with the Bengals and their roster. On offense they have a rookie quarterback with unknown questions but his weapons is Joe Mixon which is a thousand yard running back, two 1000 wide receivers in AJ Green who still have some good years left in him and taj Tajh Boyd who has gone over a thousand yards last year. In addition, they have a good young but injured prone prospect in John Ross as a receiver and Tee Higgins who I really like out of college. William Green who was a highly-touted first-round pick up 1 year ago that injured himself in training camp has returned and more additions to the offensive line to improve that unit. On defense, they did gain a lot of their players back from last year that was injured throughout last season such as Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins. In addition that added two decent cornerbacks like Trae Waynes and Kenzie Alexander from Minnesota as well. Miami has some additions they made on defense this offseason which I'm not going to point out individually because I don't want to bore you. Detroit has Matthew Stafford and two good receivers and I like they're running back Prospect in Taylor from the college of Wisconsin during the draft. They made some defensive additions as well even though they have a lot of questions on that side of the ball. Pittsburgh Steelers offense might be under women right now because they have a lot of questions at this point but that defense is the best in the league so that is going to give us trouble. Chicago Bears has the same situation so until Gardner Minshew can beat an elite defense I got to give their teams the upper hand at this time. In the case of Philip Rivers, yes he's an older quarterback but he does well against us in addition he has the best offensive line in NFL in addition to weapons light Ty Hilton, Jack Doyle, and Eric Ebron and we both know we struggle with tight ends as a team.

Bottom line is I just feel like our team overall has a lot of questions on both sides of the ball. My position is until I can see them on the field and how quickly our team gel together it's hard to have any confidence in our roster especially when we have a underwhelming coaching staff. I respect your position and you can have the optimistic point of view about this roster but in my case, I have every right to be skeptical until they prove me otherwise. I just feel like other teams that we have to play this year has gotten better based on their roster additions and I'm not sure how much better have we gotten until we get on the field because most of our roster moves this offseason has been underwhelming at best.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 04:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-07-2020, 09:47 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 09:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All depends on if we can stop the run or not.  I'm hoping we sign snacks or Darius and if Bryan takes the next step will be huge for us.  If we are decent against the run our D can easily be top half

More so depends on the pass defense than run. Going from a top 5 pressure unit to bottom 10 will require some high level scheming and play at the back end, which I don't think Wash or the DBs will be capable of

Meh, im much more concerned with our run D than our pass rush.  There is a reason we took a NT in the 3rd though and I still think we sign a vet whether it be snacks or bring back Darius.  We wont be a bottom 10 pass rush unit with Allen not to mention we just draft Chaisson and Yan is still on the team until he isnt.  Not to metion Smoot had his best season last year and Bryan just turned 24 had his potential is through the roof.