Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to surprise in 2020?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I might be by myself but Minshew is my guy moving forward regardless of record. If we can draft Lawrence then draft him but Minshew threw 21 TDs last year which is a lot for a Jaguars QB. He has done enough in my book to earn a long leash.

He has that Tebow effect on his players and the city loves the kid. He works hard, no off the field stuff, and your going to get 150% every play.

Build around him and see what happens. Lawrence could be drafted and sit and wait to see how it plays out or trade him like the Patriots did for so many seasons. It’s a great problem to have.

I just feel like Minshew was built for Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2020, 09:09 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

The talent is there to make some noise.  It's all about the qb and the head coach, oc/dc coordinators and position coaches teaching and developing .

if doug doesn't destroy his talent,and jags finnally fire doug,and get the right hc minshew would lead jags to a super bowl champship. Hes got the talent,problom is wrong HC. doug needs to go.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(08-01-2020, 11:08 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if doug doesn't destroy his talent,and jags finnally fire doug,and get the right hc minshew would lead jags to a super bowl champship. Hes got the talent,problom is wrong HC. doug needs to go.

Doug is salvageable but he needs to fire Wash and hire a more well-rounded, multiple systems coordinator. He also needs to let Jay Gruden be Jay Gruden. Just focus on clock management and eat bologne sandwiches, in other words.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Yea suprise like a fat lady jumping out of a cake. Whaaat? J/k it certainly would be a nice suprise if they suprised. Hehe

Oh I have no doubt I'll be surprised all right.

Having the Jags at 31 is just flat out laughable. Won 6 games last year out of Minshews 12 starts with him a s rookie and our LB core got WAY better with Schobert coming in which allows Jack to move back to OLB where he was borderline All Pro. Schobert BTW was 1st team all pro last season.

Corner back got better with Henderson who looks very ready to start in the NFL and Josh Allen essentially replaces Campbell as he'll be playing full time this season (I know they're slightly different players but Allen is still a total stud)... Then we had 12 picks in the friggin draft, I'm just not seeing where these dummies think the team got so much worse. We're going to get better if anything...?

(08-03-2020, 03:05 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Having the Jags at 31 is just flat out laughable. Won 6 games last year out of Minshews 12 starts with him a s rookie and our LB core got WAY better with Schobert coming in which allows Jack to move back to OLB where he was borderline All Pro LOL Not even close. Schobert BTW was 1st team all pro last season. Source?

Corner back got better with Henderson who looks very ready to start in the NFL and Josh Allen essentially replaces Campbell as he'll be playing full time this season (I know they're slightly different players but Allen is still a total stud)... Then we had 12 picks in the friggin draft, I'm just not seeing where these dummies think the team got so much worse. We're going to get better if anything...?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2019-all-pro-te...0001094130 Don't see Schobert

12 picks is a good thing xDDD when most of them where 4-7th round?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-03-2020, 04:17 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 03:05 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Having the Jags at 31 is just flat out laughable. Won 6 games last year out of Minshews 12 starts with him a s rookie and our LB core got WAY better with Schobert coming in which allows Jack to move back to OLB where he was borderline All Pro LOL Not even close. Schobert BTW was 1st team all pro last season. Source?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2019-all-pro-te...0001094130 Don't see Schobert

Well.. I stand corrected, my mistake fellas I guess Schobert wasn't on the all pro team and now I have no idea where I saw that he was or how I misread that somewhere. I stand corrected. 

So he has made the pro bowl before as has Myles Jack at OLB. Either way that's a very nice combination of Lbs to have mixed in with our new first round pick.

Schoberts stats from last year are definitely a thing of beauty though and for him to not have been in the probowl last season was flat out robbery.

Check THIS out:

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]2019
CLE
Tackles 133
Assists 44
Sacks 2.0
INTs 4[/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Passes Defended 9[/font]
[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Forced Fum 2[/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]The man had FOUR interceptions last year. That's more than Ramsey ever had in a season lol. From middle linebacker. Having good coverage LBs in this age of the NFL is massively important. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]He also led the league in tackles in 2017 and has been nothing but consistent year in year out. I'm as excited as getting him as I am about the fact Jack gets to move back to the outside. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Anyway, I just can't understand how all the TV pundits think we're going from 6 wins with rookie Minshew and a young team to bottom of the league with 1-4 range of wins. Chark has another year to get better, we added Shevault who could contribute and Minshew has another year with Westbrook - who don't forget was 5th in Heisman voting coming out of college. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]IDK maybe I'm overly optimistic... But I think we get better. I'm feeling anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 with some lucky bounces, type of record. Don't forget Minshew had this team in the playoff hunt until his massive flub in London vs the Texans and then Foles came back to put the nail in the coffin for the season with those 3 horrible starts in a row. [/font]

(08-03-2020, 08:53 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 04:17 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2019-all-pro-te...0001094130 Don't see Schobert

Well.. I stand corrected, my mistake fellas I guess Schobert wasn't on the all pro team and now I have no idea where I saw that he was or how I misread that somewhere. I stand corrected. 

So he has made the pro bowl before as has Myles Jack at OLB. Either way that's a very nice combination of Lbs to have mixed in with our new first round pick.

Schoberts stats from last year are definitely a thing of beauty though and for him to not have been in the probowl last season was flat out robbery.

Check THIS out:

CLE
Tackles 133
Assists 44
Sacks 2.0
INTs 4[/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]The man had FOUR interceptions last year. That's more than Ramsey ever had in a season lol. From middle linebacker. Having good coverage LBs in this age of the NFL is massively important. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]He also led the league in tackles in 2017 and has been nothing but consistent year in year out. I'm as excited as getting him as I am about the fact Jack gets to move back to the outside. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Anyway, I just can't understand how all the TV pundits think we're going from 6 wins with rookie Minshew and a young team to bottom of the league with 1-4 range of wins. Chark has another year to get better, we added Shevault who could contribute and Minshew has another year with Westbrook - who don't forget was 5th in Heisman voting coming out of college. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]IDK maybe I'm overly optimistic... But I think we get better. I'm feeling anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 with some lucky bounces, type of record. Don't forget Minshew had this team in the playoff hunt until his massive flub in London vs the Texans and then Foles came back to put the nail in the coffin for the season with those 3 horrible starts in a row. [/font]

I agree we shouldn't be 31 though.

At the same time, it's kinda scary imo having too many rookies with barely any time to practice, and a whole new offense too.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-03-2020, 10:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:53 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Well.. I stand corrected, my mistake fellas I guess Schobert wasn't on the all pro team and now I have no idea where I saw that he was or how I misread that somewhere. I stand corrected. 

Check THIS out:

CLE
Tackles 133
Assists 44
Sacks 2.0
INTs 4[/font]

I agree we shouldn't be 31 though.

At the same time, it's kinda scary imo having too many rookies with barely any time to practice, and a whole new offense too.

Ya, the 31 ranking is absurd. There are definitely 5-10 teams easily worse off than us. Having 12 picks is great, especially with Caldwells history of finding mid round gems. I mean basically year in year out of he's pulled that off. So some of these guys are going to end up being studs. At least 2 or 3 IMO and going off his history. 

I'm excited to see how Chaisson pans out. The good thing is most teams run nickel more often than base nowadays. That means realistically the rook could end up not being on the field TOO often. Maybe more of a 2 down player with Jack and Schobert holding it down full time?

"With that said, the defensive scheme Jacksonville has used in the last several years is closer to being a 4-2-5 defense, with the Jaguars in nickel most of the time. 4-3 is the base defense, but the nickel cornerback plays more often than the third linebacker."

We'll see if that continues... 

I thought the PFT segment was a very fair synopsis of the Jags. Although they put them at 31 in their power rankings, largely due to unproven and questions, they were also optimistic that this team could surprise and be challenging for a playoff spot if the young talent gels.

I think a lot of people overrate our division and I also think Minshew was just as good as Murray and put up better stats passing in 4 fewer games.

(08-04-2020, 10:13 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I think a lot of people overrate our division

Indeed. For some reason people think Watson is going to be as good without Nuke to throw to. Now I'm not saying Nuke made Watson, cuz dude definitely Houdini's out of trouble better than most QBs, but that is a big hit to their offense that they didn't replace. And their draft didn't exactly impress imo.
Talking heads also think Rivers, who I think made the Bolts team last year worse, is going to make the clots better? Perhaps he's an upgrade to Brissett, but I think he's much closer to being washed up than having some revitalized career.

The tacks are a little harder to pin... did they have a Jaguars 2017 type season? Run the ball a lot, play good defense, and limit what the QB has to do? Tanny had a few really good games sprinkled throughout the season though, so I wouldn't call his 2019 performance Bortles-esque by any means... I could see them being a 12 win team... I also could see them being an 8 win team with Tanny kinda being a hindrance. 

Looking at the teams as unbiased as possible I could totally see the AFCS being a bunch of squads hovering right around .500 with the division winner perhaps being a 9 win team.

its not that the division is overrated , just theres an easy case to make the jags are the 4th best team in the division

(08-03-2020, 10:56 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 10:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I agree we shouldn't be 31 though.

Ya, the 31 ranking is absurd. There are definitely 5-10 teams easily worse off than us. 

Name them.

(08-05-2020, 09:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 10:56 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Ya, the 31 ranking is absurd. There are definitely 5-10 teams easily worse off than us. 

Name them.

"easily" is objective surely...

I think I can easily name 5-10 teams that shouldn't be considered "easily" better than us.
in order of how close to bad I think they can be...

Bengals
Phins
Washington Football Team
Giants
Bolts
Panthers
Cardinals 
Lions
Patriots (considering half their team is opting out)

(9)

(08-05-2020, 11:01 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 09:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Name them.

"easily" is objective surely...

I think I can easily name 5-10 teams that shouldn't be considered "easily" better than us.

Bengals
Phins
Washington Football Team
Giants
Bolts
Panthers
Cardinals 
Lions

(9)

My man I love you as a fellow Jaguar fan I promise here. Our roster is not that good and we going to go 3-13
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-05-2020, 04:08 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 11:01 AM)Kane Wrote: "easily" is objective surely...

Bengals
Phins
Washington Football Team
Giants
Bolts
Panthers
Cardinals 
Lions

(9)

My man I love you as a fellow Jaguar fan I promise here. Our roster is not that good and we going to go 3-13

Minshew makes this a 6-10 team at the least. 
I think we go 6-10 or 7-9