Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BIG explosion in Beirut

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 01:20 PM by homebiscuit.)

Looks like a ship fire with the wrong cargo.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290675854767513600

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290671474269986822

https://youtu.be/ZzIuaoc-UYs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Holy Crap !!! I wasn't expecting the explosion --- i thought it already happened given the amount of smoke shown in the initial 15 seconds of the clip.

It was a fireworks depot. Was.

likely a targeted bomb by israel

is that a condo or hotel complex next door?

really wish CNN would cover things like this again instead of 24/7 Covid and one sided Politics.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 01:49 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-04-2020, 01:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: likely a targeted bomb by israel

Um, why?

(08-04-2020, 01:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: is that a condo or hotel complex next door?

really wish CNN would cover things like this again instead of 24/7 Covid and one sided Politics.

It’s still standing, believe it or not. It looks like it went a few rounds with Godzilla, though.

They're reporting lots of injuries from glass.. but no one killed in the actual explosion? That's crazy to me.. the shockwave looked intense.

(08-04-2020, 02:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: They're reporting lots of injuries from glass.. but no one killed in the actual explosion? That's crazy to me.. the shockwave looked intense.

They probably saw one of these:

[Image: 71Lv-qw0XGL._AC_SX679._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg]

(08-04-2020, 01:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It was a fireworks depot. Was.

I know there was probably a vast amount, but fireworks can collectively do THAT? Damn, keep em out of my hood please.

Watch the cars that pulled over to watch the aftermath of the first explosion...

https://youtu.be/xLWmp3hB7X8
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I just learned "What the [BLEEP]?" sounds the same in Arabic and English.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-04-2020, 05:06 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Watch the cars that pulled over to watch the aftermath of the first explosion...

They ded.

I see someone finally claimed responsibility for today’s explosion...

[Image: 2-E038175-D578-4362-98-BF-8964-DCFDBDBF.png]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Hey, I'm sorry OK. Burritos don't agree with me.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

So now they're saying that ammonium nitrate had been stored there for almost six years. Why the [BLEEP] would they store that much thete for that long?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-06-2020, 07:58 AM)Rico Wrote: So now they're saying that ammonium nitrate had been stored there for almost six years.  Why the [BLEEP] would they store that much thete for that long?

Blockade keeping it out of Gaza?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 08:35 AM by homebiscuit.)

(08-06-2020, 07:58 AM)Rico Wrote: So now they're saying that ammonium nitrate had been stored there for almost six years.  Why the [BLEEP] would they store that much thete for that long?

From what I've read it's because the government in Beirut is fractured and corrupt. Apparently the docks where this happened are considered to be under the control of Hezbollah who work sporadically with local government officials. There's little to no oversight because everyone is protecting what is 'theirs'.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 09:29 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-06-2020, 08:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Blockade keeping it out of Gaza?

Sounds like Gross Negligence ---- you need to move that [BLEEP] out of the heavily populated area and keep it secure via armed guardsmen.

It's a real shame since places like Beirut were becoming more appealing from a tourist perspective (at least better than Syria, Iraq, and Iran ... lol).  In any event, glad it wasn't a terrorist attack.

Google:  Place the [BLEEP] here https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9751503,...120!8i2560