Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Apologies

Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize for my F bomb filled rant in another thread last week. That's not normally how I speak or like to interact with folks and it's not very Christian of me either. I've been going through a lot of health issues. Add to that stress everything 2020 has thrown at us all and an argumentative individual who just couldn't let things be and I reached my limit and the lid came off. I should have just 'walked away' from that conversation but I didn't. I haven't read anything there since I replied to homebiscuit and I'm not going to.

This is probably the most divided I've seen this board since the good old days when we were allowed to talk religion (at which time I was firmly in the opposite corner than I am now) and it sucks that we can't argue with respect. If I reach an impasse with someone I usually agree to disagree and call it a day. That's not as easy as it used to be because we're all fired up and there's no good football stuff to talk about to let off some steam. 

That being said, I'll lurk around to see what's going on in general and in football but I'll probably not interact much and unless something big happens, I'll probably stay away from the political section. I need a break from a lot of things and this is one I actually can hit pause on if I have to. Stay frosty and seriously.....argue with respect for each other. None of us is always right, we just like to think we are. Even if we're factually right, a bad attitude is not the way to get people to consider things from a different angle.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's OK, we all get frustrated at times
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(08-07-2020, 04:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize for my F bomb filled rant in another thread last week. That's not normally how I speak or like to interact with folks and it's not very Christian of me either. I've been going through a lot of health issues. Add to that stress everything 2020 has thrown at us all and an argumentative individual who just couldn't let things be and I reached my limit and the lid came off. I should have just 'walked away' from that conversation but I didn't. I haven't read anything there since I replied to homebiscuit and I'm not going to.

This is probably the most divided I've seen this board since the good old days when we were allowed to talk religion (at which time I was firmly in the opposite corner than I am now) and it sucks that we can't argue with respect. If I reach an impasse with someone I usually agree to disagree and call it a day. That's not as easy as it used to be because we're all fired up and there's no good football stuff to talk about to let off some steam. 

That being said, I'll lurk around to see what's going on in general and in football but I'll probably not interact much and unless something big happens, I'll probably stay away from the political section. I need a break from a lot of things and this is one I actually can hit pause on if I have to. Stay frosty and seriously.....argue with respect for each other. None of us is always right, we just like to think we are. Even if we're factually right, a bad attitude is not the way to get people to consider things from a different angle.

I am glad you spoke from your heart, both here and there. Do what you feel is best, but I for one will miss you there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: 772ZeZf.gif]

(08-07-2020, 05:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 04:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize for my F bomb filled rant in another thread last week. That's not normally how I speak or like to interact with folks and it's not very Christian of me either. I've been going through a lot of health issues. Add to that stress everything 2020 has thrown at us all and an argumentative individual who just couldn't let things be and I reached my limit and the lid came off. I should have just 'walked away' from that conversation but I didn't. I haven't read anything there since I replied to homebiscuit and I'm not going to.

I am glad you spoke from your heart, both here and there. Do what you feel is best, but I for one will miss you there.

Thanks man.

(08-07-2020, 07:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: 772ZeZf.gif]

I love that movie so much. Lol.

I'm sorry for your health issues.  Everyone feels differently about stuff when their health is acting up.  Good on you for taking a step back.  I also get angry and have to step back from time to time, and physically I'm well.  Get well soon.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I know those feels, too. Had to do this same distancing from frustration in meatspace, and it was quite healthy to do so.

Spend your time with things that make you smile. Hopefully we (as a board) can still share some time with you. Maybe we need some yin to complement the yang of the politics section - I'm thinking lighthearted fun, no pedantry, no trolling. I know I'd spend a lot more time in that corner of the board than anywhere else.

(08-12-2020, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I know those feels, too. Had to do this same distancing from frustration in meatspace, and it was quite healthy to do so.

Spend your time with things that make you smile. Hopefully we (as a board) can still share some time with you. Maybe we need some yin to complement the yang of the politics section - I'm thinking lighthearted fun, no pedantry, no trolling. I know I'd spend a lot more time in that corner of the board than anywhere else.

Pedantry and trolling are personality traits. You will get the same results in that setting as telling a dog to just not be a dog.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-12-2020, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Thanks man. I am having to step back from social media in general. Too much widespread anger and discontent going on. I fear it's not temporary.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020, 09:21 AM by Mikey.)

(08-12-2020, 10:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I know those feels, too. Had to do this same distancing from frustration in meatspace, and it was quite healthy to do so.

Pedantry and trolling are personality traits. You will get the same results in that setting as telling a dog to just not be a dog.

I have a cat that acts like a dog, so there may still be hope! (@Thanks for pooping all over my dreams@)

(08-12-2020, 10:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I know those feels, too. Had to do this same distancing from frustration in meatspace, and it was quite healthy to do so.

Thanks man. I am having to step back from social media in general. Too much widespread anger and discontent going on. I fear it's not temporary.

@You could probably just delete NextDoor@

Big Grin

(08-13-2020, 09:20 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 10:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Pedantry and trolling are personality traits. You will get the same results in that setting as telling a dog to just not be a dog.

I have a cat that acts like a dog, so there may still be hope! (@Thanks for pooping all over my dreams@)

(08-12-2020, 10:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thanks man. I am having to step back from social media in general. Too much widespread anger and discontent going on. I fear it's not temporary.

@You could probably just delete NextDoor@

Big Grin

You know, I have been on Nextdoor for a few years now and never have seen any drama. People ask for recommendations, report crime, update power outage, cellular and internet issues, etc. There's a shady dude who has been banging on doors at zero dark thirty "looking for his wife" and that was reported so now we all know about him. He's an idiot to do that in my area because we're all armed, but whatever. 

I've heard others say Nextdoor is a cesspool of drama and stupidity, but my area hasn't had any issues with it. I did get kicked off a Facebook group. It like a Duval County Ask Your Neighbor type group, but for my area. 

Now THERE is where the drama was. These people (mostly women) were getting seriously bent  over the craptastic internet choices and lack of customer service and starting a new complaint post every other day. After a few months of this nonsense I finally told them they should get together as a group and make a formal complaint to the local office because complaining on FB wasn't going to solve the problem and complaining to customer service wouldn't do any good. And I was polite about it. You'd have thought I'd told them to go prostitute themselves or sacrifice their children. I was banned for three days and I was like, screw it I'm not going to be a part of that group of hens, so I left the group.

I am a patient person until I'm not, then it's over.

Americus, so sorry to hear about your health issues. Also have my own that I'm dealing with so I know the frustrations that can come with it.

(08-16-2020, 06:44 PM)Brett Wrote: Americus, so sorry to hear about your health issues. Also have my own that I'm dealing with so I know the frustrations that can come with it.

Thank you. I've been dealing with some stuff since 2017. Persistent stuff at that! I never understood why people with chronic health issues aren't always the most cheerful day in and day out. Now I know and I feel more compassion toward them. 

Hopefully we both will get some relief.

(08-17-2020, 10:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 06:44 PM)Brett Wrote: Americus, so sorry to hear about your health issues. Also have my own that I'm dealing with so I know the frustrations that can come with it.

Thank you. I've been dealing with some stuff since 2017. Persistent stuff at that! I never understood why people with chronic health issues aren't always the most cheerful day in and day out. Now I know and I feel more compassion toward them. 

Hopefully we both will get some relief.

Yep, I hear ya! I was diagnosed with mine in late 2018. I use to lift weights, run, etc. 6 times a week and haven't been able to in years now. I definitely see chronic illnesses and those suffering from them in a whole new light. I hope you continue to get better as well!