Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(09-04-2020, 02:18 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Buuwwwaaahaaa!! "End of quote"

[Image: go-f-yourself.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow...

Wow, an Air Force vet calls Biden out for voting for the Iraq War

"We are wondering why we should vote for someone who voted for a war & enabled a war that killed thousands of our brothers & sisters?...Their blood is on your hands...My friends are dead because of your policies!" https://t.co/3S3E1PrVuu

(09-06-2020, 04:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow...

"We are wondering why we should vote for someone who voted for a war & enabled a war that killed thousands of our brothers & sisters?...Their blood is on your hands...My friends are dead because of your policies!" https://t.co/3S3E1PrVuu

Was going into Iraq wrong or right?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 04:39 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-06-2020, 04:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 04:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow...

Was going into Iraq wrong or right?

That Air Force vet thought it was wrong.

Joe campaign ad focusing on his son dying of cancer. The Biden family has no shame.

(09-06-2020, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 04:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Was going into Iraq wrong or right?

That Air Force vet thought it was wrong.

Joe campaign ad focusing on his son dying of cancer. The Biden family has no shame.

Biden voted yes.
So did John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.
So did the entire Republican party except Ron Paul.
Donald Trump appeared on the Howard Stern show and he said "I guess I'm for it" about starting war with Iraq.
The only person who's sniffed any real power in this country, who knew starting the Iraq war would be a bad idea, was Obama.
Singling Biden out for this is pretty dumb.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-06-2020, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: That Air Force vet thought it was wrong.

Biden voted yes.
So did John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.
So did the entire Republican party except Ron Paul.
Donald Trump appeared on the Howard Stern show and he said "I guess I'm for it" about starting war with Iraq.
The only person who's sniffed any real power in this country, who knew starting the Iraq war would be a bad idea, was Obama.
Singling Biden out for this is pretty dumb.

Naturally, Bidens instinct was to use his deceased son as a pawn in his rebuttal.

Are we really revisiting this?

The intel at the time said Saddam Hussein still had chemical weapons... cause we had the receipts when he bought it from us for the Iran war.

(09-06-2020, 06:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Are we really revisiting this?

The intel at the time said Saddam Hussein still had chemical weapons... cause we had the receipts when he bought it from us for the Iran war.

And we actually found those weapons. They were long since expired. The shelf life of mustard gas is not that long.

We should've flattened Iraq, killed the Husseins, and left
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-06-2020, 07:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We should've flattened Iraq, killed the Husseins, and left

That's essentially what we did. We just spread it out over 8 years. Iraq shares a border with four countries that speak the same language and two more that share its religion.  None of them helped.  If we had tried to occupy and rebuild Germany while France, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and Poland were all opposing our efforts, it would have gone about as well.

(09-06-2020, 08:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 07:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We should've flattened Iraq, killed the Husseins, and left

That's essentially what we did. We just spread it out over 8 years. Iraq shares a border with four countries that speak the same language and two more that share its religion.  None of them helped.  If we had tried to occupy and rebuild Germany while France, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and Poland were all opposing our efforts, it would have gone about as well.

No, we dumped trillions of dollars into trying to build a democracy there. We should've taken 30 days, and as I said, flattened the place and came home.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-07-2020, 12:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 08:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's essentially what we did. We just spread it out over 8 years. Iraq shares a border with four countries that speak the same language and two more that share its religion.  None of them helped.  If we had tried to occupy and rebuild Germany while France, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and Poland were all opposing our efforts, it would have gone about as well.

No, we dumped trillions of dollars into trying to build a democracy there. We should've taken 30 days, and as I said, flattened the place and came home.

Well, we had to leave someone in charge. And we had to make sure that whoever or whatever we left in charge could credibly wield power and stay in charge.  They're still operating under their 2005 constitution and they've had many free and fair, internationally monitored elections.  Now, the voters seem to be picking candidates based on who is going to give members of their tribe cushy government jobs, but, that's at least better than us picking their leaders, and it's certainly better than Iran picking them.

(09-07-2020, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 12:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, we dumped trillions of dollars into trying to build a democracy there. We should've taken 30 days, and as I said, flattened the place and came home.

Well, we had to leave someone in charge. And we had to make sure that whoever or whatever we left in charge could credibly wield power and stay in charge.  They're still operating under their 2005 constitution and they've had many free and fair, internationally monitored elections.  Now, the voters seem to be picking candidates based on who is going to give members of their tribe cushy government jobs, but, that's at least better than us picking their leaders, and it's certainly better than Iran picking them.

No, we really didn't.

We did if we didn't want Iran to become more powerful. Obama messed that up.

Biden joked about asking China to help him win the Presidency in 2013 ... should the FBI start the probe?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-07-2020, 10:03 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We did if we didn't want Iran to become more powerful. Obama messed that up.

If Iran wants to play we can always flatten them and kill the Mullahs then leave.

(09-07-2020, 10:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 10:03 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We did if we didn't want Iran to become more powerful. Obama messed that up.

If Iran wants to play we can always flatten them and kill the Mullahs then leave.

That would also take years.  They'd hide.

(09-07-2020, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 10:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If Iran wants to play we can always flatten them and kill the Mullahs then leave.

That would also take years.  They'd hide.

You have a weird understanding of force projection.

(09-07-2020, 11:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: That would also take years.  They'd hide.

You have a weird understanding of force projection.

It took almost a year to find Saddam and 10 to find osama.  Iran's terrain is more like Afghanistan's.

(09-08-2020, 06:33 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 11:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You have a weird understanding of force projection.

It took almost a year to find Saddam and 10 to find osama.  Iran's terrain is more like Afghanistan's.

Who is trying to find them? Just bomb them until their own people kill them to get us to stop. 30 days then go home.