Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Earl Thomas: traded or cut

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2972...as-dispute

Ravens are so set on parting ways with Thomas they set to eat 15 million dollars. And here I was thinking we were the only ones with that much dead money....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They cut him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020, 04:48 PM by Eric1.)

He posted video of their private team practices on his instagram... That's likely why they cut him with "conduct detrimental to the team" and why they're going to go after that $10m guaranteed he's owed. He'll file a grievance but it's doubtful he'll win. Him posting a video for the world to see, that is private film for only people inside that building is a big no-no.

Dude is losing his mind. Rumors are hes been an issue since he got there. Being late, or missing multiple meetings, getting in fights with multiple players (not just this recent one with the other starting safety Clark) etc etc. Got to wonder if CTE is hitting him.

(08-23-2020, 04:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He posted video of their private team practices on his instagram... That's likely why they cut him with "conduct detrimental to the team" and why they're going to go after that $10m guaranteed he's owed. He'll file a grievance but it's doubtful he'll win. Him posting a video for the world to see, that is private film for only people inside that building is a big no-no.

Dude is losing his mind. Rumors are hes been an issue since he got there. Being late, or missing multiple meetings, getting in fights with multiple players (not just this recent one with the other starting safety Clark) etc etc. Got to wonder if CTE is hitting him.

Already reports of him being linked to the Cowboys. Dude just needs to hang it up.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(08-23-2020, 06:08 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 04:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He posted video of their private team practices on his instagram... That's likely why they cut him with "conduct detrimental to the team" and why they're going to go after that $10m guaranteed he's owed. He'll file a grievance but it's doubtful he'll win. Him posting a video for the world to see, that is private film for only people inside that building is a big no-no.

Already reports of him being linked to the Cowboys. Dude just needs to hang it up.

That's been his goal all along. Sounds like he took a page out of Jalen's playbook.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Dude caught a tough break with how Seattle did him.

(08-23-2020, 07:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 06:08 PM)NCJag Wrote: Already reports of him being linked to the Cowboys. Dude just needs to hang it up.

That's been his goal all along. Sounds like he took a page out of Jalen's playbook.

But he could have just signed with Dallas last year instead of Baltimore if that was his goal all along.
Sounds like he's just a turd.

Which makes Dallas a perfect landing spot lol

Bal loses Thomas and Yanda, they are still loaded but ouch. 2 HOF players still playing at a very high level. I

(08-24-2020, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bal loses Thomas and Yanda, they are still loaded but ouch.  2 HOF players still playing at a very high level.  I

I have a feeling Chiefs will trounce the Ravens in the AFC championship. I think the Pats will surprisingly win the East and make some noise with Cam at QB. The South will be a tough battle, but no teams will make much noise. Philip Rivers has a noodle arm these days. Titans will regress, just like the Jags did after 2017, and the Texans will implode as Watkins is exposed without Hopkins.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(08-25-2020, 09:20 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bal loses Thomas and Yanda, they are still loaded but ouch.  2 HOF players still playing at a very high level.  I

and the Texans will implode as Watkins is exposed without Hopkins.

Man I hope so but... Watkins is Houdini in the pocket with or without Hopkins.
Most of the time he avoided pressure because his guys were covered and he bought the time for them to get open. He still has Fuller who is a deep threat when healthy. 
I do think they take a step back in terms of total wins and offensive production because you just don't replace a talent like Nuke easily. But implosion and exposed aren't the words I'd use necessarily.

(08-25-2020, 09:20 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I have a feeling Chiefs will trounce the Ravens in the AFC championship. I think the Pats will surprisingly win the East and make some noise with Cam at QB. The South will be a tough battle, but no teams will make much noise. Philip Rivers has a noodle arm these days. Titans will regress, just like the Jags did after 2017, and the Texans will implode as Watkins is exposed without Hopkins.

Wonder if it will be like that year Seattle won their division at 7-9?