Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue traded to Vikings

Yannick is the biggest loser in the end. Let pride cost him 20 million. At least we can now move on. Getting rid of the negative energy was important. Now we can look to the future. Yannick was not playing this year for us, and there is a lot of uncertainty with covid. Getting a second is not the worst outcome. Do I hate to lose him? Yes, But keeping him was not an option.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Interesting opinions so far. Now you get mine.

First, Caldwell is a huge upgrade over the GM's we have had. I doubt if any of their picks had gotten upset with the organization we could not have traded them for 2 bottle caps. In fact during Dave's predecessor's time many on the roster were thankful Jacksonville had a team of they would have been out of football.

Second, I believe we are seeing a learning curve on how to deal with this generation of players and coaches by a new family owning the Jaguars. If past experience of the owner's track record of learning they will improve and be just fine.

Third, We did well getting what we did for a player every team knew didn't want to be here. The compensation seems fair to me based on where he currently is as at his position. Can he improve, why yes. That however is up to him and his new coaches.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I will join the list of happy folks. IMO he's the last of the group influenced by Ramseys toxic nature. We had to purge that culture. We need people that are bought in. I personally think Dave did well under the circumstances. I'm surprised it's the Vikings though. I would think after dealing with the same thing with Diggs that they wouldn't want that type of guy. Maybe they understand that it's the new way of the NFL. I believe Yan will make the pro bowl. He has to. His pride will make him want to show the Jags plus the big contract he wants will depend on it.

(08-30-2020, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Thank goodness the drama is over. Bye!

This x100!

Glad this cry baby is gone

Start voting Yannick for the pro bowl now. Jags need to be organized and also get Green Bay involved. It would be hilarious to see the Jags vote in Yan with sorry stats.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(08-30-2020, 10:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 09:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Total incompetence once again by the front office. We probably could've got a better deal from someone else when this drama all began. Now, all we get is a low 2nd rounder (as the Vikings should win their division) and what will likely be a 5th round pick. At best, it could be a 4th rounder as I don't see Minnesota winning a Superbowl. To go through all this drama for so long and to get such a paltry return is a HUGE disappointment, but I'm used to such things. It's been this way since 1995, so why would anything change now? We lose Calais Campbell and trade Yannick Ngakoue, so once again, what was once a strength of the team, becomes a weakness. I like Josh Allen a lot, (he is my favorite defensive player,) but without someone on the other side, I expect his sack numbers to go down.

This is my biggest on field concern at this point.

I do not believe Chaisson will be able to command attention from the other side, nor do I think our DTs will be able to draw attention either.  Allen will pretty much be on his own.

I hope Chaisson proves me wrong.

Don't sleep on Smoot. I think he's the equivalent of what Campbell is now. So, Allen can play both end spots to exploit mismatches, Smoot is set at big end and Chase On can be the LEO when Allen's not the LEO. Sounds like a good rotation to me.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Wanted a first but at least he's off the team

Yan should excel playing opposite the youngest player to tally 50 sacks in NFL history. I highly doubt that the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl coming out of a loaded NFC.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I'm satisfied with the return given where we are in the offseason and it was just going to be hanging over everyone's head all year if we didn't move him. I think we should be all over Clowney now with all this money. We can either flip him at the deadline or get a comp pick for him when he leaves next year. It's not my money...

I was hoping for a trade all along. I would have rather had a first obviously, but rather have a #2 and 17 million in cap space.

(08-30-2020, 01:26 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote: This is my biggest on field concern at this point.

I do not believe Chaisson will be able to command attention from the other side, nor do I think our DTs will be able to draw attention either.  Allen will pretty much be on his own.

I hope Chaisson proves me wrong.

Don't sleep on Smoot. I think he's the equivalent of what Campbell is now. So, Allen can play both end spots to exploit mismatches, Smoot is set at big end and Chase On can be the LEO when Allen's not the LEO. Sounds like a good rotation to me.

Yessir! I believe Smoot is going to show some big time stuff this year.

(08-30-2020, 10:50 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I wouldn't have traded him for what basically will amount to a 3rd round pick. If you get 4 or 5 games into the season and you get that offer, I probably take it. But I'm at least waiting to see if there's a major injury early on that increases his value.

I am in total agreement with this. First of all, the Jaguars will likely be getting no better than a mid-2nd round pick. That is not nearly enough for a guy who has averaged just less than 10 sacks per year in the NFL and should be in his prime for at least 2-3 more seasons. Elite pass rushers are hard to find- even those who don't excel at stopping the run. When you look at guys like Jamal Adams and Tunsil, whose teams got TWO 1st rounders in return, it is not difficult to say that the Jaguars made a terrible deal. At the least, they should have demanded a 2nd and 3rd instead of what is likely to be a 2nd and 4th or 5th. If the Vikings passed, I do believe you are correct that they'd get a much better offer during the season from a playoff contender who loses their best pass rusher. 

Despite this deal being an overall dud, I do agree with some of the positives mentioned on this thread. Number 1, I'm glad he won't be in the locker room. His negative attitude, regardless of how much he tries to hide it, would not be good for the 12 rookies likely to make this team. The additional salary cap they will have going forward should help greatly to fill holes which will likely exist at defensive tackle, safety, cornerback, tight end and offensive line. The Jags will have more money to spend than every team other than Indy. 

Finally, I have a feeling that this trade would not have happened if this pre-season wasn't so dismal for the team. The brass had to believe with the additions of Woods and Gunter, the defense would be much improved. Losing both those guys, plus the suspensions of other linemen, tell me that the run defense will be no better this season- even with Schobert. That factor, plus knowing that 12 rookies are likely to make the team, do not bode well for this team. Losing Yannick now is likely to only cost them one or two wins at the most. Who cares if they go 2-14 or 3-13 rather than 5-11? All that does is take them out of the running for Lawrence, Fields or a blockbuster trade to a team willing to "give up the farm" for the next great franchise q.b. No coach, general manager or player ever consciously tries to lose, but this deal was made thinking more about 2021-22 and beyond. Whether Caldwell and Marrone are still around remains to be seen.

(08-30-2020, 02:08 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:50 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I wouldn't have traded him for what basically will amount to a 3rd round pick. If you get 4 or 5 games into the season and you get that offer, I probably take it. But I'm at least waiting to see if there's a major injury early on that increases his value.

I am in total agreement with this. First of all, the Jaguars will likely be getting no better than a mid-2nd round pick. That is not nearly enough for a guy who has averaged just less than 10 sacks per year in the NFL and should be in his prime for at least 2-3 more seasons. Elite pass rushers are hard to find- even those who don't excel at stopping the run. When you look at guys like Jamal Adams and Tunsil, whose teams got TWO 1st rounders in return, it is not difficult to say that the Jaguars made a terrible deal. At the least, they should have demanded a 2nd and 3rd instead of what is likely to be a 2nd and 4th or 5th. If the Vikings passed, I do believe you are correct that they'd get a much better offer during the season from a playoff contender who loses their best pass rusher. 

Despite this deal being an overall dud, I do agree with some of the positives mentioned on this thread. Number 1, I'm glad he won't be in the locker room. His negative attitude, regardless of how much he tries to hide it, would not be good for the 12 rookies likely to make this team. The additional salary cap they will have going forward should help greatly to fill holes which will likely exist at defensive tackle, safety, cornerback, tight end and offensive line. The Jags will have more money to spend than every team other than Indy. 

Finally, I have a feeling that this trade would not have happened if this pre-season wasn't so dismal for the team. The brass had to believe with the additions of Woods and Gunter, the defense would be much improved. Losing both those guys, plus the suspensions of other linemen, tell me that the run defense will be no better this season- even with Schobert. That factor, plus knowing that 12 rookies are likely to make the team, do not bode well for this team. Losing Yannick now is likely to only cost them one or two wins at the most. Who cares if they go 2-14 or 3-13 rather than 5-11? All that does is take them out of the running for Lawrence, Fields or a blockbuster trade to a team willing to "give up the farm" for the next great franchise q.b. No coach, general manager or player ever consciously tries to lose, but this deal was made thinking more about 2021-22 and beyond. Whether Caldwell and Marrone are still around remains to be seen.

I think you may have answered your own question there tbh.

(08-30-2020, 01:19 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Start voting Yannick for the pro bowl now. Jags need to be organized and also get Green Bay involved. It would be hilarious to see the Jags vote in Yan with sorry stats.

Hes got Zimmer for a HC. One of the best D minds in the game.

Meh, at least we got something for him.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Does anyone know if the rumors are true that Yan had to agree to a 1 year 13 million dollar contract to get the deal done? Apparently the Vikings wouldn't or couldn't pay the 17 mil and the Jags were not going to pay Minnesota to take him like the Texans had to.

(08-30-2020, 02:39 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Does anyone know if the rumors are true that Yan had to agree to a 1 year 13 million dollar contract to get the deal done? Apparently the Vikings wouldn't or couldn't pay the 17 mil and the Jags were not going to pay Minnesota to take him like the Texans had to.
Yes it is true. He gave up ~$21 million in 2 years to leave the Jags. He is not smart.

(08-30-2020, 02:08 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Trevor Lawrence