Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Funny Realization

I was busy looking over the depth chart this morning in light of the moves around Yan and LF27 and noticed that Yan's replacement, K'Lavon Chaisson was born in July of 1999. This might be the last draft class with kids born in the 1990s, next year's rooks will most likely all be born in 2000 or later. Maybe one more year, but it looks like all rookie Jags from here on will have been born after the greatest Jags team ever played on the field. I feel old.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe because you ARE old?

Not that I'm throwing stones. Pass some me some propecia when you're done posting on Facebook, and we'll look forward to watching millenials smash each other this season.

(08-31-2020, 01:40 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Maybe because you ARE old?

Not that I'm throwing stones.  Pass some me some propecia when you're done posting on Facebook, and we'll look forward to watching millenials smash each other this season.

I'm really not all that old, just odd to think that I've reached the age where my kids are playing age instead of my peers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-31-2020, 01:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I was busy looking over the depth chart this morning in light of the moves around Yan and LF27 and noticed that Yan's replacement, K'Lavon Chaisson was born in July of 1999. This might be the last draft class with kids born in the 1990s, next year's rooks will most likely all be born in 2000 or later. Maybe one more year, but it looks like all rookie Jags from here on will have been born after the greatest Jags team ever played on the field. I feel old.

It was evident to me a few years back when we hired some new "kids" at my workplace (around mid 20's).  As I was showing them some of our equipment, watching them attempting to interact with the equipment made it kind of clear to me.

Some of our equipment has "touch screens" which are older and really should be called "tap screens".  I watched them gently touch the screen and even saw one try to "swipe".  I had to explain to them that you can't just "touch" the screen like on their phone, you actually have to "tap" it to do what you want.

I later heard them talking about a keyboard and mouse on a computer that used a "very old ps-slash-2" connector.

There was yet another girl that wasn't real familiar with using a computer with a mouse and keyboard (believe it or not).  She only knew how to use a tablet and a phone for the most part.

The kicker was that during the time that these people were born I was on a Navy aircraft carrier somewhere.  It just doesn't seem to be that long ago, yet it's been over 20 years.  The other thing is I started using computers that required either a tape or a paper loader in order to load programs.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-31-2020, 01:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I was busy looking over the depth chart this morning in light of the moves around Yan and LF27 and noticed that Yan's replacement, K'Lavon Chaisson was born in July of 1999. This might be the last draft class with kids born in the 1990s, next year's rooks will most likely all be born in 2000 or later. Maybe one more year, but it looks like all rookie Jags from here on will have been born after the greatest Jags team ever played on the field. I feel old.

As the Jags officially hit rock bottom once again, instead of looking at the schedule, we're now looking at birthdays ---- I like it.  I was heading over to the mock draft websites but i kind of like that birthday thing.

As info, Trevor Lawrence was born on October 6, 1999 so we still have a little room to draft players born in 1999

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-31-2020, 06:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

As the Jags officially hit rock bottom once again, instead of looking at the schedule, we're now looking at birthdays ---- I like it.  I was heading over to the mock draft websites but i kind of like that birthday thing.

As info, Trevor Lawrence was born on October 6, 1999 so we still have a little room to draft players born in 1999

Yeah, that's why I said most likely. I dont think TL is going to be available where we pick though, so that won't matter anyway.