Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kamara

What do you guys think happens here? I generally think he and NO will come to a deal.

But man, if Jax really wants to prove they aren't tanking, get some positive press, and want a RB that "fits their offense" making a trade for him seems like a no brainer. We have money now, trade and pay him whatever.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kamara is the ideal type of RB who fits the west-coast offense, my issue is that he will warrant a large contract in a position that guys could be found in the draft/FA with a slight drop-off in production compared to him.

I'd rather take the runningback-by-committee approach this year and reload with the upcoming draft.

He certainly benefited being surrounded by many all-pro players in that explosive NO offense, but Kamara is a beast though nonetheless.

Chronic back issues incoming.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-02-2020, 01:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Chronic back issues incoming.

Funny, but most pros are just that, pros. I bet he'd ball if he was traded here. It was obviously just a tactic to move the contract talks though, rumor is NO and Kamara are really close to a deal.

(09-02-2020, 01:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: What do you guys think happens here? I generally think he and NO will come to a deal.

Yes, they are not the Jags.  They will get a deal done or at worst, get good compensation for their RB

(09-03-2020, 08:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 01:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: What do you guys think happens here? I generally think he and NO will come to a deal.

Yes, they are not the Jags.  They will get a deal done or at worst, get good compensation for their RB

And Kamara is a much better RB than Fournette.

But man, if Jax really wants to prove they aren't tanking, get some positive press, and want a RB that "fits their offense" making a trade for him seems like a no brainer. We have money now, trade and pay him whatever.

Never gonna happen. Kamara is fantastic, when healthy, but he's been dealing with injuries. Besides, I don't believe in paying RB's big money, especially when you have a poor O-Line like we do. A RB is only as good as the O-Line. You can't run through holes that aren't there. I think Kamara would be a "bust" in Jacksonville.

Based on the reality of where the Jaguars are going into the 2020 season, I would be shocked if they traded for a RB who will be a high priced RB heading towards his 2nd contract seasons in the NFL.

(09-03-2020, 03:55 PM)D6 Wrote:

Based on the reality of where the Jaguars are going into the 2020 season, I would be shocked if they traded for a RB who will be a high priced RB heading towards his 2nd contract seasons in the NFL.

Yeah, in an obvious rebuild year we're not going to trade picks for a luxury position that wants to be paid top 3 at his position.

But man... it would go a long way to quiet some of the tank talk for sure lol