Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rain is just non stop this year

(09-11-2020, 03:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 06:20 AM)EricC85 Wrote: That’s crazy wish I could send you some of our rain

No way man, keep it! Got 50 tons of fruit on the ground drying lol. 

Hope you move goes well!

That’s a lot of grapes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2020, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 03:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: No way man, keep it! Got 50 tons of fruit on the ground drying lol. 

Hope you move goes well!

That’s a lot of grapes.

That's the dry weight. About 300 tons as they're harvested. 

Also they sky is clearing slightly, which is nice since our AQI was like 300. Stings a bit.

(09-13-2020, 11:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That’s a lot of grapes.

That's the dry weight. About 300 tons as they're harvested. 

Also they sky is clearing slightly, which is nice since our AQI was like 300. Stings a bit.

So, do you think smoke flavored raisins will sell well this year?

(09-02-2020, 09:28 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don’t remember the last day it didn't rain? My damn pigs are in water up to there calves it’s practically a swimming pool outback!? You know how bad wet pig manure smells? I can’t even get in there to clean it up the water is so bad and every day more comes! Is it just me or has this been an extra wet rain season?

As much as I hate our Homeowners Association (which I'm President), I'm kind of happy that we don't allow our residents to own Wet Pigs Smelling Like Manure.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 11:11 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-04-2020, 05:23 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 12:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Are you still on fire out there?

The fires are like 50% contained now but at least ash has stopped falling from the sky day and night.

If they fire is spreading at a an increased rate of 75% per day and the fire is 50% contained, I think they are losing ground.   The acreage burnt is already 29x greater than 2019 when we all thought that was really bad.

Crazy stuff -- stay safe.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 11:49 AM by Mikey.)

(09-14-2020, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 11:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: That's the dry weight. About 300 tons as they're harvested. 

I'm sure the craft beer industry would have a field day

(my interest is now piqued, also)

(09-14-2020, 11:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 09:28 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don’t remember the last day it didn't rain? My damn pigs are in water up to there calves it’s practically a swimming pool outback!? You know how bad wet pig manure smells? I can’t even get in there to clean it up the water is so bad and every day more comes! Is it just me or has this been an extra wet rain season?

As much as I hate our Homeowners Association (which I'm President), I'm kind of happy that we don't allow our residents to own Wet Pigs Smelling Like Manure.

Gooble, gobble
ONE OF US

I'm doing my darnedest to rid the community of geese, that's enough feces to have to wade through

(09-14-2020, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 11:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: That's the dry weight. About 300 tons as they're harvested. 

I'm pretty nervous about passing inspection.

(09-14-2020, 01:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: So, do you think smoke flavored raisins will sell well this year?

I'm pretty nervous about passing inspection.

Well, if you don’t, you sure wouldn’t be the only one.  I know it sucks but you can’t beat yourself up about it.  In the mean time the rest of us will have to learn to enjoy the acquired taste of Pinot Pine 2020.  (Yuck).  Good luck, my man!  Hope all goes well with your crop.

(09-14-2020, 06:57 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 01:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'm pretty nervous about passing inspection.

Well, if you don’t, you sure wouldn’t be the only one.  I know it sucks but you can’t beat yourself up about it.  In the mean time the rest of us will have to learn to enjoy the acquired taste of Pinot Pine 2020.  (Yuck).  Good luck, my man!  Hope all goes well with your crop.

Haha thanks man. Yeah, it's crossed my mind that I'm not the only one in this position.