Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Im confused is this Trumps or Bidens America?

Hello friends been away 

Yes, I should’ve been clearer. White Supremacy has never had a stronger voice under the Trump admin. I mean how could it not after he refused to condemn the kkk or duke? 

Not to mention Kenosha, I don’t want to derail this thread. But... we all know the current argument. White dude kills people, nothing happens. Black dude tries to break up a fight,
Gets shot 7 times. 

It’s probably goood that we’re finally seeing how actually divided we are. Maybe then we can finally begin to start healing and understanding one another better. Because this just isn’t working. We need to do better as a people. Nationalism has always been a downward spiral into autocracy and violence. 

I am for Biden, and I disagree with his positions on some of points, however I view trump as a divider of people.  This makes us weak. Plus, I’m frankly sick of hearing about Trump making headlines everyday. It’s exhausting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I disagree sir. Trump unites AMERICANS -- What makes us weak is liberalism. Nationalism is citizens loving their country and putting it first. I'm a nationalist.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 04:41 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-09-2020, 04:09 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Hello friends been away 

Yes, I should’ve been clearer. White Supremacy has never had a stronger voice under the Trump admin. I mean how could it not after he refused to condemn the kkk or duke? 

Not to mention Kenosha, I don’t want to derail this thread. But... we all know the current argument. White dude kills people, nothing happens. Black dude tries to break up a fight,
Gets shot 7 times. 

It’s probably goood that we’re finally seeing how actually divided we are. Maybe then we can finally begin to start healing and understanding one another better. Because this just isn’t working. We need to do better as a people. Nationalism has always been a downward spiral into autocracy and violence. 

I am for Biden, and I disagree with his positions on some of points, however I view trump as a divider of people.  This makes us weak. Plus, I’m frankly sick of hearing about Trump making headlines everyday. It’s exhausting.

You're a classic example of a person that sticks his fingers in his ears and screams LALLALALALALALA so he doesn't have to hear opinions other than his own.

You've done zero research on Kenosha. He was a child rapist that came over to a house he wasn't invited to and the woman called the police and said he stole her keys. They responded. He didn't comply. He got shot. DO RESEARCH.

We're not divided. You and your ilk are dividing yourselves based on nothing but media headlines that lie to you - and your inability to research beyond that.

You simply refuse to read and research - but they - the democrats rely on you for that... by the way.. the democrats started the KKK to stop blacks from voting in the South. The democrats were against the civil rights movement in the 1960s - check the votes.

And once again you'll run from these easily researched FACTS and claim they are somehow racist. It's sad but it's typical.

(09-09-2020, 04:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Gets shot 7 times. 

You're a classic example of a person that sticks his fingers in his ears and screams LALLALALALALALA so he doesn't have to hear opinions other than his own.

You've done zero research on Kenosha. He was a child rapist that came over to a house he wasn't invited to and the woman called the police and said he stole her keys. They responded. He didn't comply. He got shot. DO RESEARCH.

We're not divided. You and your ilk are dividing yourselves based on nothing but media headlines that lie to you - and your inability to research beyond that.

You simply refuse to read and research - but they - the democrats rely on you for that... by the way.. the democrats started the KKK to stop blacks from voting in the South. The democrats were against the civil rights movement in the 1960s - check the votes.

And once again you'll run from these easily researched FACTS and claim they are somehow racist. It's sad but it's typical.

Thank you for proving my point

(09-09-2020, 05:56 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 04:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You're a classic example of a person that sticks his fingers in his ears and screams LALLALALALALALA so he doesn't have to hear opinions other than his own.

People weren't divided until the left started labeling everyone and saying you are different and not liked by others. Then the left said you are persecuted because you are different. Then the left says everyone has to accept you as normal. Now the left says we have to praise you for being different and you are better than others.

Everything the left does is to divide people. The left can't even select a candidate because they are so divided themselves as it is.

(09-09-2020, 06:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 05:56 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Thank you for proving my point

People weren't divided until the left started labeling everyone and saying you are different and not liked by others. Then the left said you are persecuted because you are different. Then the left says everyone has to accept you as normal. Now the left says we have to praise you for being different and you are better than others.

Everything the left does is to divide people. The left can't even select a candidate because they are so divided themselves as it is.

I believe in progress, I believe in the people and doing better. I believe in a government that helps it people

I agree the far left divides people as well. We can break it down like:

Far-Right - Evangelical Hypocrisy, Anti-Environment, AR-15 Wielding, Racist, Sexist, anti LGBTQ 

Far-Left - Cancel culture, limit on free speech, elitist educated people. 

Both - Fake News the other side wants to kill you.

(09-09-2020, 06:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 05:56 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Thank you for proving my point

Pretty much.

When Joe Biden was the apparent nominee he stated that his running mate was going to be a woman.  He was going to select a running mate not because of her qualifications, but simply on the fact that she has an X chromosome rather than a Y chromosome.  That rules out 50% of potential candidates that might be highly qualified.

Then he doubled-down when he said that it would be a black woman.

The choice was never about who the best person for the job would be, it was all about gender and ethnicity.  It's not about the content of one's character or their qualification(s), it's all about the gender and/or color of their skin.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-09-2020, 06:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 06:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote: People weren't divided until the left started labeling everyone and saying you are different and not liked by others. Then the left said you are persecuted because you are different. Then the left says everyone has to accept you as normal. Now the left says we have to praise you for being different and you are better than others.

I believe in progress, I believe in the people and doing better. I believe in a government that helps it people

Far-Right - Evangelical Hypocrisy, Anti-Environment, AR-15 Wielding, Racist, Sexist, anti LGBTQ 

LOL.  Today's trivia question...........How many stereotypes can you cram into a single political ideology?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 10:09 PM by mikesez.)

(09-09-2020, 06:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote: People weren't divided until the left started labeling everyone and saying you are different and not liked by others. Then the left said you are persecuted because you are different. Then the left says everyone has to accept you as normal. Now the left says we have to praise you for being different and you are better than others.

Agree 100%.

People want government and politics to be spaces where the only thing that matters is their own personal sense of justice. "I say those people are wrong and should be punished. If you don't agree that those people are wrong and should be punished, then you're wrong, and you should be punished too!"

But obviously government can't work like that for all people all the time.  It's best when they do their work without using rhetoric that causes us to disagree with each other. Government has a very hard time tackling any kind of divisive social issue unless the minority who disagree are like 30% or less.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

That's where you show your true leftist self.

I'm not "far right" though I place myself on the right side of the political aisle.  I do practice my own religion (as if that's some kind of social crime), I am a strong supporter of taking care of the environment properly and I do own an AR-15 as well as other firearms.  Racist?  Not in the least bit.  In fact I am a minority and could be considered to be in a "mixed marriage" for over 30 years.  Sexist?  Nope.  However, I do believe that for the most part a woman has a place in society and in the family.  I admire a woman for being a woman.  Should that stop her from doing "a man's job" just because she is a woman?  Nope.  Anti gay?  Not really.  What someone chooses to do with their personal life is their business not mine.

Left (not "far left) is pretty much any college campus that you visit and unfortunately much of our government schools indoctrination centers.  Cancel culture?  Yes.  Limit free speech?  Yes.  Elitist people?  Yes.  Educated?  Not so much.

Let me ask you this.  Is Black Lives Matter a racist group?  Is it wrong to say that "All Lives Matter"?  Does the life of an unborn fetus not matter as much as a black criminal?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Yes, I should’ve been clearer. White Supremacy has never had a stronger voice under the Trump admin.

BWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ok. Full stop.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I implore you. Beware that this level of historical ignorance is the hallmark of the education system today. Political narrative from the media has replaced the teaching of actual history in our country and nonsense beliefs like this one are the result. An ignorant populace is easy to rule, and this guy is Exhibit A.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 08:03 PM by p_rushing.)

Here is your problem. If you aren't for radical environmental policies, own guns, don't approve of others personal life choices, etc then you are anti those. It's not either or its how the left tries to do things.

Do people on the right want to destroy the environment? No, if you talk to most people on the right they enjoy the outdoors. Most of them protect the environment that they control. Heck look at the ground after a left protest vs the ground after a right gathering, you will see garbage everywhere vs garbage in trash cans. People hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc. What the right doesn't want to do is do like the west coast and say you can't do anything and have to let the environment take over and you have constant fire danger, can't build anything even though you follow safety standards, etc.

Do people who own guns not want any gun control laws? No, they don't want criminals to have guns. If we got rid of criminals, then you wouldn't need guns.

Do people generally care about lgbtqxbnfhiutjke ....(whatever else gets added)? No they don't as long as they keep their personal lives private. Stop forcing it down everyone's throat and say you have to accept and approve of me as normal. People on the right have no problem, sure they may call it sin, but as long as you keep it private no one is going to bother you.

The left believes in forcing other people to accept them and their beliefs, forcing people to be better how they define better. The right allows people to make their own choices ... unfortunately that has allowed the radical left to be formed but they hopefully will burn themselves out.

(09-09-2020, 05:56 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 04:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You're a classic example of a person that sticks his fingers in his ears and screams LALLALALALALALA so he doesn't have to hear opinions other than his own.

So you gonna admit you know nothing about what happened in Kenosha beyond the initial lie headline?

The first lie wins. Sad.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 11:48 AM by mikesez.)

(09-09-2020, 08:03 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Do people on the right want to destroy the environment? No, if you talk to most people on the right they enjoy the outdoors. Most of them protect the environment that they control. Heck look at the ground after a left protest vs the ground after a right gathering, you will see garbage everywhere vs garbage in trash cans. People hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc. What the right doesn't want to do is do like the west coast and say you can't do anything and have to let the environment take over and you have constant fire danger, can't build anything even though you follow safety standards, etc.

Environmental policy is very complicated.  I agree that most conservatives I have met enjoy "The great outdoors" and wouldn't want oil rigs or open pit mines ruining their favorite campsites, beaches, hunting grounds, etc.

But consider the Jacksonville shipyards. I think everyone here would like to see them become something nice. Why isn't it happening? Well, back when it was still a shipyard, there was a lack of oversight, and a lot of toxic stuff got buried there. So yes, there were good paying jobs for a while, but at what cost?  Should they have had tighter regulation decades ago when the shipyards were operating, or should the EPA have looser regulations today? Should they allow that site to be redeveloped without the costly process of assessing and removing the bad stuff, potentially letting whoever occupies it or works on it next to be exposed to it all?

There are a lot of cases like this.  The sugar farms on the Everglades would be another. Their pollution makes the beaches around Port St Lucie and also around cape Coral, a lot less desirable.  Who should pay for that to be corrected?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 12:49 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

Not just the beaches.. the everglades have been methodically destroyed by those sugar farms.

Big Sugar is probably the single biggest domestic enemy of the citizens of the United States... they made the food pyramid. They paid doctors to lie about heart disease being caused by fat rather than the reality that sugar is the biggest health risk there is.

We add sugar to literally everything.. bread, for instance. 

So this is one thing I agree with you on. I hate the sugar industry because they lurk in the shadows silently destroying everything. But still.. they are operating within the legal parameters set for them like 50+ years ago

regarding the environment, my main problem is that there are people that DENY climate change is real. This is dangerous and counterproductive to our advancement as a species. The planet is going to be fine, we and many of our animal friends are going to die. Look at California right now, or Australia last year, this is only going to get worse.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 01:57 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-10-2020, 01:35 PM)MojoKing Wrote: regarding the environment, my main problem is that there are people that DENY climate change is real. This is dangerous and counterproductive to our advancement as a species. The planet is going to be fine, we and many of our animal friends are going to die. Look at California right now, or Australia last year, this is only going to get worse.

California has the most stringent environmental policies and they still suck at keeping it clean.

Climate change? It used to be global warming. In the 70s it was global cooling. The narrative keeps changing because the left needs to keep making money off of the "green" movement, you know how much money Al Gore made by investing in those companies and then creating that lie of a movie all the while needlessly flying everywhere on his private jet?

You're a blind follower of the media and lack the wherewithal to research things for yourself. I wish there were more autodidacts out there rather than blind sheep.

(09-10-2020, 11:30 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 08:03 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Do people on the right want to destroy the environment? No, if you talk to most people on the right they enjoy the outdoors. Most of them protect the environment that they control. Heck look at the ground after a left protest vs the ground after a right gathering, you will see garbage everywhere vs garbage in trash cans. People hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc. What the right doesn't want to do is do like the west coast and say you can't do anything and have to let the environment take over and you have constant fire danger, can't build anything even though you follow safety standards, etc.

Environmental policy is very complicated.  I agree that most conservatives I have met enjoy "The great outdoors" and wouldn't want oil rigs or open pit mines ruining their favorite campsites, beaches, hunting grounds, etc.

But consider the Jacksonville shipyards. I think everyone here would like to see them become something nice. Why isn't it happening? Well, back when it was still a shipyard, there was a lack of oversight, and a lot of toxic stuff got buried there. So yes, there were good paying jobs for a while, but at what cost?  Should they have had tighter regulation decades ago when the shipyards were operating, or should the EPA have looser regulations today? Should they allow that site to be redeveloped without the costly process of assessing and removing the bad stuff, potentially letting whoever occupies it or works on it next to be exposed to it all?

There are a lot of cases like this.  The sugar farms on the Everglades would be another. Their pollution makes the beaches around Port St Lucie and also around cape Coral, a lot less desirable.  Who should pay for that to be corrected?

Mark the date and time down.  I somewhat agree with you.

Have mistakes been made with some industries in the past?  Absolutely.  There are plenty of areas that are contaminated from past industry/dumping/testing.  However, back when many of these sites were doing the damage it was pretty much unknown (for the most part).

Is there a need for regulation?  Yes.  However, there can also be over-regulation that can be just as damaging.  Take for example the wildfires in California.  The lack of prescribed burning is a big contributor to what is happening now.

(09-10-2020, 01:35 PM)MojoKing Wrote: regarding the environment, my main problem is that there are people that DENY climate change is real. This is dangerous and counterproductive to our advancement as a species. The planet is going to be fine, we and many of our animal friends are going to die. Look at California right now, or Australia last year, this is only going to get worse.

Man-made climate change is a hoax.

Climate change doesn't start with the US. It starts with China and India. Get them to clean their crap up, then lets talk.

It is silly to think a country specific policy will fix a global "issue". Just another way for greasy politicians to line their corrupt pockets using fear.

(09-10-2020, 01:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Climate change doesn't start with the US. It starts with China and India. Get them to clean their crap up, then lets talk.

It is silly to think a country specific policy will fix a global "issue". Just another way for greasy politicians to line their corrupt pockets using fear.

I'm sure he believes India and China care about the environment more than the US cause they sign the treaties... hahahahaha... as though that means anything to them.

That's 2.5 billion people that don't give a crap and destroy their own countries every single day. Like you said, until they give a crap there is literally nothing a country of 400 million can do to stop it.