Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Im confused is this Trumps or Bidens America?

(09-10-2020, 01:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 01:35 PM)MojoKing Wrote: regarding the environment, my main problem is that there are people that DENY climate change is real. This is dangerous and counterproductive to our advancement as a species. The planet is going to be fine, we and many of our animal friends are going to die. Look at California right now, or Australia last year, this is only going to get worse.

Climate change doesn't start with the US. It starts with China and India. Get them to clean their crap up, then lets talk.

It is silly to think a country specific policy will fix a global "issue". Just another way for greasy politicians to line their corrupt pockets using fear.

Great, Im glad you at least trust science thats a start ole buddy. 

Yes,  agreed China and India are the worst, but that was the point of the Paris Accords, a global standard

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2020, 02:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 01:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Climate change doesn't start with the US. It starts with China and India. Get them to clean their crap up, then lets talk.

It is silly to think a country specific policy will fix a global "issue". Just another way for greasy politicians to line their corrupt pockets using fear.

Great, Im glad you at least trust science thats a start ole buddy. 

Yes,  agreed China and India are the worst, but that was the point of the Paris Accords, a global standard

How was that Paris accord working out? About as well as the WHO?

Still not gonna admit you know nothing about Kenosha yet still feel the need to opine about it?

(09-10-2020, 02:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 02:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Great, Im glad you at least trust science thats a start ole buddy. 

How was that Paris accord working out? About as well as the WHO?

Not well enough, because we backed out of it and our EPA ran by an opponent of the EPA gave permission to factories to dispense their waste into our ponds, rivers, and lakes. 

We are already screwed, now all we can change is the degree of which we are screwed

(09-10-2020, 03:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 02:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How was that Paris accord working out? About as well as the WHO?

Not well enough, because we backed out of it and our EPA ran by an opponent of the EPA gave permission to factories to dispense their waste into our ponds, rivers, and lakes. 

We are already screwed, now all we can change is the degree of which we are screwed

[Image: giphy-3.gif]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-10-2020, 03:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 02:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How was that Paris accord working out? About as well as the WHO?

Have you researched how much crap the ocean cleans every day? Even an oil spill is nothing to the amount of oil, methane, decaying animals, etc. Yes humans can impact the environment locally for a short time period, but the environment will clean its self up given time.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 05:03 PM by mikesez.)

(09-10-2020, 03:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Not well enough, because we backed out of it and our EPA ran by an opponent of the EPA gave permission to factories to dispense their waste into our ponds, rivers, and lakes. 

Have you researched how much crap the ocean cleans every day? Even an oil spill is nothing to the amount of oil, methane, decaying animals, etc. Yes humans can impact the environment locally for a short time period, but the environment will clean its self up given time.

It's true; eventually the oceans will re-absorb all the excess CO2 we put into it.  It could end up as carbonates or as biomass.  But it will take tens of thousands of years to absorb what we emitted in just 100 years.

(09-10-2020, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Not well enough, because we backed out of it and our EPA ran by an opponent of the EPA gave permission to factories to dispense their waste into our ponds, rivers, and lakes. 

[Image: giphy-3.gif]

Yes we are. 
Regardless.
But we can live our years on a stable and peaceful planet, or on a planet with famines and mass migrations and coastal areas permanently inundated.  I know what I would choose, but it isn't up to me. But if more people chose to think like me, it would be better for everyone, especially people in places like Bangladesh and in Africa that are the most vulnerable.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-10-2020, 02:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Still not gonna admit you know nothing about Kenosha yet still feel the need to opine about it?

Yea, I didn't think you had the chutzpah to admit when you were flatout wrong. But that's no surprise - you've never been right on anything. You just spew regurgitated lies from your party.

The Paris accords were wealth redistribution. That's it. It wasn't going to change the climate in a significant way. Scientists acknowledged this.

(09-10-2020, 09:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The Paris accords were wealth redistribution. That's it. It wasn't going to change the climate in a significant way. Scientists acknowledged this.

look as long as we can agree that Climate change is affecting our planet and that fracking, oil spills, pollution = BAD, then we're a lot further along than I thought.

Yeah. I think most rational conservatives recognize there's a form of anthropomorphic climate change. My impression is that conservatives are slowly climbing on board, at least as it pertains to personal responsibility. My concerns are based on the following: How much are people actually contributing to climate change, can we reverse it, what role does the government play in the process, and is it actually bad. As it stands, it seems like it's a vehicle for power and wealth redistribution. If we could spend some time looking under the hood, I think we could come up with some goals.

(09-10-2020, 09:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The Paris accords were non-binding goals that didn't force anyone to spend any money. wealth redistribution. That's it. It wasn't going to change the climate in a significant way. Scientists acknowledged this.

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 07:33 AM by Lucky2Last.)

You are ret@rded.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 08:56 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

"To the protesters blocking the entrance & exit of the HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM yelling "We hope they die" referring to 2 LA Sheriff's ambushed today in #Compton: DO NOT BLOCK EMERGENCY ENTRIES & EXITS TO THE HOSPITAL. People's lives are at stake when ambulances can't get through."

LA County Sheriff

(09-13-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: "To the protesters blocking the entrance & exit of the HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM yelling "We hope they die" referring to 2 LA Sheriff's ambushed today in #Compton: DO NOT BLOCK EMERGENCY ENTRIES & EXITS TO THE HOSPITAL. People's lives are at stake when ambulances can't get through."

LA County Sheriff

these people are SICK

(09-13-2020, 11:00 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: "To the protesters blocking the entrance & exit of the HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM yelling "We hope they die" referring to 2 LA Sheriff's ambushed today in #Compton: DO NOT BLOCK EMERGENCY ENTRIES & EXITS TO THE HOSPITAL. People's lives are at stake when ambulances can't get through."

LA County Sheriff

these people are SICK

DOJ needs to come down hard on the people funding this. Shame we have to wait another 2 months for anything to happen.

This is outrageous! He could have damaged that police car.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1305624540152651777

(09-15-2020, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is outrageous! He could have damaged that police car.

But, but..they ran him over!! What meanies they are. Taxpayers will undoubtedly foot the kooks bill from his hospital visit. He should be arrested at the hospital after his treatment.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-15-2020, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is outrageous! He could have damaged that police car.

LOL.  Idiot got what he deserved.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Showing support for fallen police and firefighters on September 11th is now a political statement. 

MORROW, Ohio (WKRC) — Some local high school football players are finding that their support for first responders is coming at a huge cost.

The boys are now suspended from their team after not heeding a warning to leave the Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags that represent fallen firefighters and police officers off the field.

When the Little Miami High School football team took the field Friday, Sept. 11, a couple of players carried alongside the American flag a Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags...