Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Im confused is this Trumps or Bidens America?

(09-15-2020, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Showing support for fallen police and firefighters on September 11th is now a political statement. 

MORROW, Ohio (WKRC) — Some local high school football players are finding that their support for first responders is coming at a huge cost.

The boys are now suspended from their team after not heeding a warning to leave the Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags that represent fallen firefighters and police officers off the field.

When the Little Miami High School football team took the field Friday, Sept. 11, a couple of players carried alongside the American flag a Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags...

Anything other than the official flags is a statement of something other than pride in the country.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2020, 09:50 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Showing support for fallen police and firefighters on September 11th is now a political statement. 

MORROW, Ohio (WKRC) — Some local high school football players are finding that their support for first responders is coming at a huge cost.

The boys are now suspended from their team after not heeding a warning to leave the Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags that represent fallen firefighters and police officers off the field.

When the Little Miami High School football team took the field Friday, Sept. 11, a couple of players carried alongside the American flag a Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags...

Anything other than the official flags is a statement of something other than pride in the country.

You are correct. It was a statement of support and pride for the fallen police and firefighters of September 11th.

(09-15-2020, 09:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:50 AM)mikesez Wrote: Anything other than the official flags is a statement of something other than pride in the country.

You are correct. It was a statement of support and pride for the fallen police and firefighters of September 11th.

403... 343 Firefighters and 60 Cops ran in with zero regard for their own safety and gave their lives.

They deserve all the respect we can give them.

But hey, we've made a clear statement that criminals lives are worth more than people with the ability to sacrifice themselves for others.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 10:08 AM by mikesez.)

(09-15-2020, 09:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:50 AM)mikesez Wrote: Anything other than the official flags is a statement of something other than pride in the country.

That's your opinion.  Until there's a congressional resolution on the meaning of this symbol, other people's guesses or opinions about the meaning are just as valid as yours.  If another person says, "I think the flag means it's OK for police to shoot people like Breonna Taylor or Akai Gurley", you can't refute that.

(09-15-2020, 09:59 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You are correct. It was a statement of support and pride for the fallen police and firefighters of September 11th.

403... 343 Firefighters and 60 Cops ran in with zero regard for their own safety and gave their lives.

But hey, we've made a clear statement that criminals lives are worth more than people with the ability to sacrifice themselves for others.

Anyone who disregards their own safety to save others is a hero.
But what about Timothy Loehman "I had to shoot Tamir Rice before he shot me"?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 10:15 AM by homebiscuit.)

(09-15-2020, 10:04 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You are correct. It was a statement of support and pride for the fallen police and firefighters of September 11th.

That's your opinion.  Until there's a congressional resolution on the meaning of this symbol, other people's guesses or opinions about the meaning are just as valid as yours.  If another person says, "I think the flag means it's OK for police to shoot people like Breonna Taylor or Akai Gurley", you can't refute that.

(09-15-2020, 09:59 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 403... 343 Firefighters and 60 Cops ran in with zero regard for their own safety and gave their lives.

Can the person's opinion that the thin red and blue line flags are only honoring fallen police and firefighters be refuted?

Who said Timothy Loehman was a hero?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 10:16 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-15-2020, 10:04 AM)mikesez Wrote:

(09-15-2020, 09:59 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 403... 343 Firefighters and 60 Cops ran in with zero regard for their own safety and gave their lives.

What about Philip Brailsford who murdered Daniel Shaver for pulling up his pants after being ordered to crawl to him while begging not to shoot him and crying?

Some individual cops suck. Most do not. That's the same stupid logic racists use... well some black people are criminals therefore they all suck.

I'm not surprised that leftists like Mikesez supports this stupid, misguided decision.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-15-2020, 10:26 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not surprised that leftists like Mikesez supports this stupid, misguided decision.

I understand what he's getting at. However, the fact this tribute occurred on September 11th and was carried out by the sons of a policeman and a firefighter fully explains its purpose. It's the school superintendent's overly cautious approach to the matter that is the real problem.

Love it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lancaster-pro...eged-riots

First 7 people have dead eyes. Last girl looks like she stood a chance but got sucked in. I pray my children never have dead eyes like these terrorists.

[Image: lancaster-bail.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]