Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You Just Can't Fix Stupid

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 07:19 PM by Jags.)

(01-25-2021, 06:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Sadly, that happens way more often than people think.  Having a dad that was RR police and a wife in HR at a RR company, I’ve heard way more than I care to.  This company even had, may still have, a program dedicated to putting awareness out for this exact thing.  Fairly certain I wasn’t supposed to see it, but I saw a tape of a super unfortunate  mother walking with her young child.  I guess the tracks were owned by the company or something, idk.  Because it was passenger trains on the tracks.  One train was stopped, blocking vision to cross.  Mom goes to cross tracks by foot, sees on coming train, she stops.  That split second, the child while holding moms hand took an extra step or two.  That’s all she wrote.  There wasn’t much of the kid left whatsoever.  Sad to watch.

Wasn't the the opening scene from The Boys?
I haven’t seen that one.  But what I saw was the real deal.  It was something my dad had to investigate.  I was young.  Idk why, but he he had me with him in the office one day.  It was cctv.  Perhaps I was too little and they were watching a movie.  But considering it was stopped, rewound and played multiple times and this kid turned into a pink mist, I’d say a movie wasn’t what I saw

Yeah, just googled the movie.  That came out in 2014.  This happened in the 90’s

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I sat on a jury in a civil trial involving a car/train accident once.  It was a crossing without barricade arms and the driver was almost all the way across when he was hit. He survived, but suffered substantial injuries and was looking to cash in on the train company.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-25-2021, 07:18 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wasn't the the opening scene from The Boys?
I haven’t seen that one.  But what I saw was the real deal.  It was something my dad had to investigate.  I was young.  Idk why, but he he had me with him in the office one day.  It was cctv.  Perhaps I was too little and they were watching a movie.  But considering it was stopped, rewound and played multiple times and this kid turned into a pink mist, I’d say a movie wasn’t what I saw

Yeah, just googled the movie.  That came out in 2014.  This happened in the 90’s

Lighten up, Francis.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-27-2021, 05:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:18 PM)Jags Wrote: I haven’t seen that one.  But what I saw was the real deal.  It was something my dad had to investigate.  I was young.  Idk why, but he he had me with him in the office one day.  It was cctv.  Perhaps I was too little and they were watching a movie.  But considering it was stopped, rewound and played multiple times and this kid turned into a pink mist, I’d say a movie wasn’t what I saw

Lighten up, Francis.

I thought you were serious, lol.  Made me wonder the more I thought about it. I was young-ish.  It’s Plausible that I remembered things wrong.  Had to find out out these burning questions for myself.    And here I thought you were one of the good guys. I’ll be keeping my eye on you.  Smile

Woman who used Gorilla Glue in place of hairspray ends up in the ER.

I don't know what to say about this.

(02-07-2021, 05:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Woman who used Gorilla Glue in place of hairspray ends up in the ER.

I do...she’s an idiot!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-08-2021, 12:14 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 05:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Woman who used Gorilla Glue in place of hairspray ends up in the ER.

I do...she’s an idiot!

That's what I told my husband. I was like, has she never seen a Gorilla Glue commercial?! Lol

(02-08-2021, 02:49 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 12:14 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I do...she’s an idiot!

That's what I told my husband. I was like, has she never seen a Gorilla Glue commercial?! Lol

"It don't move." 

Even Gorilla Glue got in the act of suggesting removal procedures. Anyone want to bet they'll put a disclaimer on their label now?

(02-08-2021, 08:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 02:49 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That's what I told my husband. I was like, has she never seen a Gorilla Glue commercial?! Lol

"It don't move." 

Even Gorilla Glue got in the act of suggesting removal procedures. Anyone want to bet they'll put a disclaimer on their label now?

Did the removal suggestion consist of waiting about a week, and investing in a set of clippers?

Oh yeah, step 3, buy a wig or embrace your inner Sinead O'Connor

(02-08-2021, 10:00 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 08:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: "It don't move." 

Did the removal suggestion consist of waiting about a week, and investing in a set of clippers?

Oh yeah, step 3, buy a wig or embrace your inner Sinead O'Connor

That stuff would have probably broken the clippers.

Sometimes I wonder if people read labels then do stupid things on purpose for the payout later. “Hey! They never said I shouldn’t....”. Not saying this is the case here. I didn’t have audio on the video I saw. So I just assume she’s an idiot. Was reminded of this with HB’s post about the label.

Lucky it was only her hair that she was trying to hold in place.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I’ve been trying to tell y’all how awesome the Gorilla products are.

I bet her parents were first cousins.

(02-09-2021, 07:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I bet her parents were first cousins.

You assumed this was some redneck person in a Florida trailer park, didn’t ya?   I did too until I read the article.

You really can't make this up.

Now the stupid [BLEEP] wants to sue Gorilla because the product says not to use on eyes or skin, but doesn't mention hair.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-09-2021, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 07:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I bet her parents were first cousins.

You assumed this was some redneck person in a Florida trailer park, didn’t ya?   I did too until I read the article.

No. Urban folks can be inbred as well. There are inbreds of all races and nationalities. LOL.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 08:21 PM by Jags.)

(02-09-2021, 08:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: You really can't make this up.

Now the stupid [BLEEP] wants to sue Gorilla because the product says not to use on eyes or skin, but doesn't mention hair.

See my post above about the labels, post #31.  I seriously think people look and say “ I’ll do it for 25k”. 

The streaker at the SB.. apparently he bet big on a prop bet about there being a streaker during the game. 1000 bond, a misdemeanor  and 374k profit.  To that, idk, smart or dumb move?  Not the way I’d like to make money, but he does get the last laugh... not that I agree with either.

(02-09-2021, 08:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote: You assumed this was some redneck person in a Florida trailer park, didn’t ya?   I did too until I read the article.

No. Urban folks can be inbred as well. There are inbreds of all races and nationalities. LOL.
I’m white and I just assumed it was mountain people from W Virginia and Jewel’s family on that stupid [BLEEP] show in AK.

(02-09-2021, 08:16 PM)Jags Wrote:

See my post above about the labels, post #31.  I seriously think people look and say “ I’ll do it for 25k”. 

The streaker at the SB.. apparently he bet big on a prop bet about there being a streaker during the game. 1000 bond, a misdemeanor  and 374k profit.  To that, idk, smart or dumb move?  Not the way I’d like to make money, but he does get the last laugh... not that I agree with either.

(02-09-2021, 08:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. Urban folks can be inbred as well. There are inbreds of all races and nationalities. LOL.
I’m white and I just assumed it was mountain people from W Virginia and Jewel’s family on that stupid [BLEEP] show in AK.

LOL. Stupidity comes in all forms.

These are the kinds of juries I want to serve on (these aren't jury trials, I know)