Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You Just Can't Fix Stupid

(02-23-2021, 11:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: People are so fame hungry nowadays, that the length they will go to to get noticed, defies reason. It's not just millennials either. It's middle aged adults who should know better. The stupidity is embarrassing. Ask a young kid what they wanna do when they grow up and most will say they either want to be a famous Youtuber, a rapper or have their own reality show. Those aren't jobs!

Exactly.  The "gender reveals" are the extreme of that, but I have also noticed that regular traditional "rituals" such as marriage or even funerals have turned into a "production".  It's all about getting "likes" on social media these days.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2021, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 11:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: People are so fame hungry nowadays, that the length they will go to to get noticed, defies reason. It's not just millennials either. It's middle aged adults who should know better. The stupidity is embarrassing. Ask a young kid what they wanna do when they grow up and most will say they either want to be a famous Youtuber, a rapper or have their own reality show. Those aren't jobs!

Exactly.  The "gender reveals" are the extreme of that, but I have also noticed that regular traditional "rituals" such as marriage or even funerals have turned into a "production".  It's all about getting "likes" on social media these days.

I am not familiar with really any of the SM sites.  But do people really try to get likes on a funeral??  I can almost see the “joyous” wedding (that’ll end in 2-3 years) but a death????  Good gosh!  People are more shallow than I thought. Or are they just happy someone died?  That would actually make more 
sense.

People are sketchy. I'm off social media except Insta and I follow only very specific people/organizations so I don't see the crazy I did when I was still on FB. That is a cesspool of stupidity.

(02-24-2021, 07:13 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Exactly.  The "gender reveals" are the extreme of that, but I have also noticed that regular traditional "rituals" such as marriage or even funerals have turned into a "production".  It's all about getting "likes" on social media these days.

I am not familiar with really any of the SM sites.  But do people really try to get likes on a funeral??  I can almost see the “joyous” wedding (that’ll end in 2-3 years) but a death????  Good gosh!  People are more shallow than I thought. Or are they just happy someone died?  That would actually make more 
sense.

I’ve seen social media accounts post pics of themselves holding their dead child and hiring photographers for the funeral. And I’m not talking actual “stars” either. Just influencers. It’s all about the head pats now.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-24-2021, 11:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 07:13 PM)Jags Wrote: I am not familiar with really any of the SM sites.  But do people really try to get likes on a funeral??  I can almost see the “joyous” wedding (that’ll end in 2-3 years) but a death????  Good gosh!  People are more shallow than I thought. Or are they just happy someone died?  That would actually make more 
sense.

I’ve seen social media accounts post pics of themselves holding their dead child and hiring photographers for the funeral. And I’m not talking actual “stars” either. Just influencers. It’s all about the head pats now.

See? Sketchy. That's a whole other level of disturbing behavior.

(02-24-2021, 11:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ve seen social media accounts post pics of themselves holding their dead child and hiring photographers for the funeral. And I’m not talking actual “stars” either. Just influencers. It’s all about the head pats now.

See? Sketchy. That's a whole other level of disturbing behavior.

Those people have always been around, we just get to actually see them now because of social media..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-24-2021, 11:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 07:13 PM)Jags Wrote: I am not familiar with really any of the SM sites.  But do people really try to get likes on a funeral??  I can almost see the “joyous” wedding (that’ll end in 2-3 years) but a death????  Good gosh!  People are more shallow than I thought. Or are they just happy someone died?  That would actually make more 
sense.

good gravy, ignorance has never been more blissful.

I was thinking more along the lines of your creepy uncle passes away and your attention hound of a sister in law posts a wall of text about how precious he was, and we all know that's just a load of hooey, but it's dead uncle buford, so of course we have to like and bless her heart and all.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 07:27 PM by Jags.)

(02-25-2021, 10:05 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ve seen social media accounts post pics of themselves holding their dead child and hiring photographers for the funeral. And I’m not talking actual “stars” either. Just influencers. It’s all about the head pats now.

good gravy, ignorance has never been more blissful.

I was thinking more along the lines of your creepy uncle passes away and your attention hound of a sister in law posts a wall of text about how precious he was, and we all know that's just a load of hooey, but it's dead uncle buford, so of course we have to like and bless her heart and all.

After reading her post, I thought the same as you did. Until she brought the dead baby photo op in play. That is just sick and disturbing.  Well past my limits.

Gender reveal tragedy: 2 killed in plane crash off Cancun coast | Fox News

Just stop with the gender reveals, people. 

But then again, the way society is going these days, we might be seeing these for adults.

(04-01-2021, 11:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Gender reveal tragedy: 2 killed in plane crash off Cancun coast | Fox News

But then again, the way society is going these days, we might be seeing these for adults.

What happened to the good ole days of sitting around at a bar with your friends, passing out blue or pink labeled cigars and drinking a few drafts?

The one dude in that story even said something along the lines of "As long as they don't crash into us".. 

Something seriously wrong with this generation..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-01-2021, 02:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 11:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Gender reveal tragedy: 2 killed in plane crash off Cancun coast | Fox News

What happened to the good ole days of sitting around at a bar with your friends, passing out blue or pink labeled cigars and drinking a few drafts?

The one dude in that story even said something along the lines of "As long as they don't crash into us".. 

I remember when "gender reveal" was the moment that the "thing" came out of my wife.  Once it was cleaned a bit it either had an "inny" or an "outie" and that's when the gender was revealed.

I just don't get the whole "gender reveal" thing.  Of course, my generation didn't eat Tide pods or put glue in our hair.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Its not a gender reveal, the kid doesn't decide its gender for at least 2 years after it's born.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-01-2021, 06:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 02:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: What happened to the good ole days of sitting around at a bar with your friends, passing out blue or pink labeled cigars and drinking a few drafts?

I remember when "gender reveal" was the moment that the "thing" came out of my wife.  Once it was cleaned a bit it either had an "inny" or an "outie" and that's when the gender was revealed.

I just don't get the whole "gender reveal" thing.  Of course, my generation didn't eat Tide pods or put glue in our hair.

We did things this way for both our kids. I practically disowned the fambly-in-law when they refused to buy any baby shower gifts becuase they "didn't know whether to buy pink or blue." Then buy diapers, you schleps.

Of course, nobody throws a "we're waiting until the baby is born to find out" party or posts pictures of that event on insta/fb. That's what these are really about.

(04-02-2021, 07:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Its not a gender reveal, the kid doesn't decide its gender for at least 2 years after it's born.

Why get locked into one at all?  In 2 years there will be newer and trendier options!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-02-2021, 08:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 06:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I remember when "gender reveal" was the moment that the "thing" came out of my wife.  Once it was cleaned a bit it either had an "inny" or an "outie" and that's when the gender was revealed.

We did things this way for both our kids. I practically disowned the fambly-in-law when they refused to buy any baby shower gifts becuase they "didn't know whether to buy pink or blue." Then buy diapers, you schleps.

Of course, nobody throws a "we're waiting until the baby is born to find out" party or posts pictures of that event on insta/fb. That's what these are really about.

Bingo.

Gender reveal parties are stupid. Congratulations. Your sex trophy is either a boy or a girl.

How are reveal parties not being targeted because of the whole anti gender thing?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Gender reveal parties are stupid. Congratulations. Your sex trophy is either a boy or a girl.

How are reveal parties not being targeted because of the whole anti gender thing?

And here I thought gender reveal parties happened after a gender change surgery was over...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I received an email from Amazon with one of those "Can you answer this question..." about a twin blade razor I get online because the five blade cheese graters sold in stores are stupid. How are you supposed to shave your upper lip when the damn razor is wider than your lip? Do five blades really shave better than just two? Why stop at five? Let's go for seven blades. Pretty soon they'll be so damned big the razors will be held stationary and we'll just rub our faces on them!

(ahem) I digress.

Anyway, the question is: "How do I assemble the handle to the blades? There are no directions."

This person actually asked the world how to attach a blade cartridge to a handle.

(04-03-2021, 07:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I received an email from Amazon with one of those "Can you answer this question..." about a twin blade razor I get online because the five blade cheese graters sold in stores are stupid. How are you supposed to shave your upper lip when the damn razor is wider than your lip? Do five blades really shave better than just two? Why stop at five? Let's go for seven blades. Pretty soon they'll be so damned big the razors will be held stationary and we'll just rub our faces on them!

(ahem) I digress.

Anyway, the question is: "How do I assemble the handle to the blades? There are no directions."

This person actually asked the world how to attach a blade cartridge to a handle.
Completely unrelated, yet it reminds me of when I was looking at a TV that was 1,000,000.00.  Idk if there was an error in the decimal placement or if this tv was in fact a million dollars for whatever dumb [BLEEP] that buys it or for [BLEEP] and giggles. Either way, the Q&A and reviews gave me about 30 minutes of entertainment.   “I see this tv fits in a 136’ yacht, will it fit in a 210’ yacht”?  “Is this TV too tall where my maids can’t dust the top of it?”  It went on and on.  Lots of witty “reviewers” out there.

The best Amazon reviews I've ever seen are for Hairibo. Or is is Haribo? The nasty gummies candy. Hours of entertainment right there.