Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump lies to public on coronavirus, thousands die because of it

(09-12-2020, 03:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  I would almost bet money that MojoKing and mikesez (along with a few others) drive around in their cars by themselves with a mask on.  After all, they are democrats.

I can personally count on one hand the number of people that I know personally that tested positive for the China virus, the oldest being mid 60's.  All three of them have since recovered from it and all three said that it was more of an annoyance.

When this first started I thought that maybe I had it (never got tested) because I had a couple of symptoms.  At this point I am convinced that I did catch it at one point after that (dry cough, shortness of breath), but I never felt the need to seek medical attention.

Catching the China virus is not the death sentence that many of our friends on the left believe.

We accomplished the initial objective, that being to slow the spread so that hospitals would not be overwhelmed.  There are plenty of hospital beds available should patients need them, plenty of ventilators available, etc.

Just wash your hands, put a mask on before you get within 6' of people who aren't in your family, and don't touch your face.

Sometimes I catch myself with the mask still on after I start driving.  I take it off when I realize it's there.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2020, 06:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 03:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  I would almost bet money that MojoKing and mikesez (along with a few others) drive around in their cars by themselves with a mask on.  After all, they are democrats.

I can personally count on one hand the number of people that I know personally that tested positive for the China virus, the oldest being mid 60's.  All three of them have since recovered from it and all three said that it was more of an annoyance.

When this first started I thought that maybe I had it (never got tested) because I had a couple of symptoms.  At this point I am convinced that I did catch it at one point after that (dry cough, shortness of breath), but I never felt the need to seek medical attention.

Catching the China virus is not the death sentence that many of our friends on the left believe.

We accomplished the initial objective, that being to slow the spread so that hospitals would not be overwhelmed.  There are plenty of hospital beds available should patients need them, plenty of ventilators available, etc.

Just wash your hands, put a mask on before you get within 6' of people who aren't in your family, and don't touch your face.

Sometimes I catch myself with the mask still on after I start driving.  I take it off when I realize it's there.

Why didn't you remove the mask the second you left the store and had access to fresh air? Where no one can infect you.

Do you wear a mask when you're out walking.. when I see that I know that's definitely a sheep.

(09-12-2020, 08:24 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 07:06 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Why not in the dense parts of Sweden?

There is no comparison. Nowhere in Europe is as dense as New York City.

(09-11-2020, 11:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The US has an aging population and a bunch of those people have health issues because of life choices and family medical history things that are inherited. Look at the #s where people only died with covid. Most of the people died of something else because their body couldn't handle both. These were not healthy people for the most part. The # is less than 10%.

Look those people should have been protected, just like they need to protect themselves every year during the flu season. Having health issues make it easier for you to die. The rest of the normal killers are all way down this year because everything is being marked as covid.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Europe has more old people, more smokers, and no catalytic converters. Their overall lung health, by rights, should be less than ours.

(09-11-2020, 11:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you must not know many hourly workers. They use their PTO weekly when they feel fine and come to work when they feel sick.

Exactly.  That has to change.

wait wait wait...  you acknowledge this isn't solely a univariable analysis?  IS SOMEONE RECORDING THIS???

(09-12-2020, 06:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 06:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sometimes I catch myself with the mask still on after I start driving.  I take it off when I realize it's there.

Why didn't you remove the mask the second you left the store and had access to fresh air? Where no one can infect you.

Do you wear a mask when you're out walking.. when I see that I know that's definitely a sheep.

as I understand, the order in Orange county is that you have to wear it when you are in public. The parking lot is still a public place. The sidewalks between the parking lot by my work and the office are public. I agree that the benefits when you're outside are slim to none. But I keep it on cuz I don't want trouble.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 08:40 PM by mikesez.)

(09-12-2020, 07:34 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 08:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: There is no comparison. Nowhere in Europe is as dense as New York City.

Europe has more old people, more smokers, and no catalytic converters. Their overall lung health, by rights, should be less than ours.

Exactly.  That has to change.

wait wait wait...  you acknowledge this isn't solely a univariable analysis?  IS SOMEONE RECORDING THIS???

Of course there is more than one variable.
It's a common situation. That is why many people are trained to say, "if all else is equal..." before they make a prediction of how one variable will change the outcome.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2020, 08:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 07:34 PM)jj82284 Wrote: wait wait wait...  you acknowledge this isn't solely a univariable analysis?  IS SOMEONE RECORDING THIS???

Of course there is more than one variable.
It's a common situation. That is why many people are trained to say, "if all else is equal..." before they make a prediction of how one variable will change the outcome.

So you admit then that it goes beyond pbcolicy decisions to analyze drivers of infection and mortality in a pandemic.  Good.  I was worried for a second.

(09-13-2020, 07:23 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 08:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: Of course there is more than one variable.

So you admit then that it goes beyond pbcolicy decisions to analyze drivers of infection and mortality in a pandemic.  Good.  I was worried for a second.

You can still make a prediction of what would have happened if Trump did something differently.  You just have to preface that prediction with "all else being equal..." Then you have to acknowledge that other players may have made different choices after Trump made his different choice.  For instance, if Trump made perfect decisions with regard to the coronavirus, all else being equal, that could result in Joe Biden choosing not to make the virus a campaign issue at all.

(09-14-2020, 04:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 07:23 AM)jj82284 Wrote: So you admit then that it goes beyond pbcolicy decisions to analyze drivers of infection and mortality in a pandemic.  Good.  I was worried for a second.

You can still make a prediction of what would have happened if Trump did something differently.  You just have to preface that prediction with "all else being equal..." Then you have to acknowledge that other players may have made different choices after Trump made his different choice.  For instance, if Trump made perfect decisions with regard to the coronavirus, all else being equal, that could result in Joe Biden choosing not to make the virus a campaign issue at all.

LOL.  Joe Biden is hiding in his basement until his handlers bring him out and put a teleprompter in front of him again.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.