Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ertz future in Philly

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 02:16 PM by imtheblkranger.)

[font=Times New Roman]Philly is $70m OVER the cap next year. Give me Ertz to solidify our TE room all day long.[/font]

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1301...97091?s=20

https://twitter.com/Tim_McManus/status/1...03682?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 02:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd give them a 3rd and a 5th

Ertz is still a top 5 TE imo

(09-10-2020, 02:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd give them a 3rd and a 5th

He will be 30 this year while playing for philly. IMO I wouldn't give up any picks for him and just draft a TE. We still don't know what we have in Josh Oliver either. I don't want to give up on him yet.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(09-10-2020, 07:40 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 02:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd give them a 3rd and a 5th

He will be 30 this year while playing for philly. IMO I wouldn't give up any picks for him and just draft a TE. We still don't know what we have in Josh Oliver either. I don't want to give up on him yet.
30 isn't that old for a TE.  Still has a good couple prime years left.  I'm not counting on Oliver who can't even stay healthy when I could get a top 5 TE

I’m not ready to give up on Oliver yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 07:20 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

I mean Ertz probably wants a huge contract that runs for 3-4 years. So that would be the downside of the deal, since he would be getting up there in age (although I think he would still be really good for 3 years). Honestly, our offense is a few pieces away from being really solid, among those pieces I see TE.
Im sorry for Oliver but his body doesn't seem to be able to handle the game. Id love for him to prove me wrong. But if there is a chance to get a Top 5 TE or bet on Oliver someday getting healthy enough to consistently contribute, and at an Elite level at that, I would rather bet on Ertz and pay him the money. With Chark, Ertz and solid guys like Cole, Conley and Shenault, Minshew would have a weapons. Then get some depth/improvements at the Oline next draft and your offense is pretty much set and can compete with any team in the division.