Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chiefs win the SB, again

(09-11-2020, 11:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 10:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That is not what I said.

Athletes have every right to make political statements,  just as you have every right to yap about it IN THE POLITICAL SECTION of this board. 

Our message board's rules do not allow political discussion in any forum but the one clearly designated for that purpose.

Its exactly what you said, there is a reason they are separate and rightfully so

Incorrect.

I told YOU to keep politics out of a football thread. 

I said NOTHING about the two things being separate anywhere other than on this message board. 

Don't attempt to loop me into this ignorant assertion that athletes shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2020, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its exactly what you said, there is a reason they are separate and rightfully so

Incorrect.

I said NOTHING about the two things being separate anywhere other than on this message board. 

Don't attempt to loop me into this ignorant assertion that athletes shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I don’t want to derail this thread but it bears asking the question strictly on deliberative terms. Should they be allowed to express themselves on fan times and fan dimes? It’s not like they have no other outlet for expression.

(09-11-2020, 11:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Athletes have every right to make political statements,  just as you have every right to yap about it IN THE POLITICAL SECTION of this board. 

Our message board's rules do not allow political discussion in any forum but the one clearly designated for that purpose.

Its exactly what you said, there is a reason they are separate and rightfully so

I like to talk football though, you can "yap" about it all yiu want over there lol

[Image: o12zo.jpg]

(09-11-2020, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its exactly what you said, there is a reason they are separate and rightfully so

Incorrect.

Exactly my point, if they went together there wouldn't be seperate forums for them.  If they went together they would be in the we same one.   But its clear by the board rules they are separate and shouldn't be together.

(09-11-2020, 11:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Incorrect.

Exactly my point, if they went together there wouldn't be seperate forums for them.  If they went together they would be in the we same one.   But its clear by the board rules they are separate and shouldn't be together.

That’s a very valid point. It doesn’t agree with board rules but it’s valid nonetheless.

(09-11-2020, 11:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

But..... you're the one who made the first political post in this thread...... I just....... I don't understand. You say they should be separate, but you made the first post combining them, but then went on to agree they needed to be separate, but still don't realize you combined them with your first post.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 12:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-11-2020, 11:56 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Exactly my point, if they went together there wouldn't be seperate forums for them.  If they went together they would be in the we same one.   But its clear by the board rules they are separate and shouldn't be together.

But..... you're the one who made the first political post in this thread...... I just....... I don't understand. You say they should be separate, but you made the first post combining them, but then went on to agree they needed to be separate, but still don't realize you combined them with your first post.

Oh i realize it, the thread is about the Chiefs and I commented on their fans .  But you are right, they should be separate

(09-11-2020, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I don’t want to derail this thread but it bears asking the question strictly on deliberative terms. Should they be allowed to express themselves on fan times and fan dimes? It’s not like they have no other outlet for expression.

The answer is yes. 

They are humans afforded the same freedoms as said fans. 

Paying to be entertained by 100 some odd humans for two hours doesn’t give you the right to squelch their freedom to express themselves.

I think this commentary about the greatness of the Chiefs fans expressing their 1st Amendment rights is better suited for the political forum, but the NFL did choose to allow politics into our football after all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-11-2020, 03:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think this commentary about the greatness of the Chiefs fans expressing their 1st Amendment rights is better suited for the political forum, but the NFL did choose to allow politics into our football after all.

Imagine being upset about players expressing their 1st Amendment rights on their biggest platform...

All of you political sheep are [BLEEP] brain dead.

(09-11-2020, 05:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 03:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think this commentary about the greatness of the Chiefs fans expressing their 1st Amendment rights is better suited for the political forum, but the NFL did choose to allow politics into our football after all.

Imagine being upset about players expressing their 1st Amendment rights on their biggest platform...

And yet you seem upset about people expressing their own rights. Baaaaaaaaaaaa

PS, comments like Eric's are what cause so many problems, he can't simply disagree without a personal attack.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-11-2020, 06:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 05:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine being upset about players expressing their 1st Amendment rights on their biggest platform...

And yet you seem upset about people expressing their own rights. Baaaaaaaaaaaa

PS, comments like Eric's are what cause so many problems, he can't simply disagree without a personal attack.

Your feelings hurt now? The truth hurts doesn't it.

(09-11-2020, 05:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

At least us "political sheep" actually have a brain.  Snowflakes like you are too far gone with your indoctrination.  Settle down and eat another Tide pod.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-11-2020, 06:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 06:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And yet you seem upset about people expressing their own rights. Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Your feelings hurt now? The truth hurts doesn't it.

Quiet Ewe, the adults are talking.

(09-11-2020, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 05:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine being upset about players expressing their 1st Amendment rights on their biggest platform...

At least us "political sheep" actually have a brain.  Snowflakes like you are too far gone with your indoctrination.  Settle down and eat another Tide pod.

Oh lord the irony..

Why is there a Chiefs tread in the political section?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-11-2020, 10:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed they should be separate like he said, politics and the game

That is not what I said.

You are applying a double standard. You are asking us to limit our political statements to a "political section", while athletes express their political opinion wherever they like.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-11-2020, 07:43 PM)copycat Wrote: Why is there a Chiefs tread in the political section?

It was in the League Forum but people like Eric1 couldn't control their need to insult other posters, so it got moved here where we don't give a [BLEEP] about dumb [BLEEP] takes like his.

(09-11-2020, 08:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

You are applying a double standard. You are asking us to limit our political statements to a "political section", while athletes express their political opinion wherever they like.

Yes, the Mods are going to have to accept the fact that no part of the NFL is now apolitical. Every moment of the game has been sacrificed on the altar of SJWism and every one of us in now forced to participate. YOU WILL BE FORCED TO CARE OR YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO.

(09-11-2020, 10:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 07:43 PM)copycat Wrote: Why is there a Chiefs tread in the political section?

It was in the League Forum but people like Eric1 couldn't control their need to insult other posters, so it got moved here where we don't give a [BLEEP] about dumb [BLEEP] takes like his.

(09-11-2020, 08:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: You are applying a double standard. You are asking us to limit our political statements to a "political section", while athletes express their political opinion wherever they like.

Yes, the Mods are going to have to accept the fact that no part of the NFL is now apolitical. Every moment of the game has been sacrificed on the altar of SJWism and every one of us in now forced to participate. YOU WILL BE FORCED TO CARE OR YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO.

Oh please, this section is full of nothing but dumb [BLEEP] takes and your posts in here are typically at the top of that list. Keep being a brain washed, clueless fool though.  Don't stray too far from your herd now.

(09-12-2020, 05:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 10:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It was in the League Forum but people like Eric1 couldn't control their need to insult other posters, so it got moved here where we don't give a [BLEEP] about dumb [BLEEP] takes like his.

Oh please, this section is full of nothing but dumb [BLEEP] takes and your posts in here are typically at the top of that list. Keep being a brain washed, clueless fool though.  Don't stray too far from your herd now.

Yes, because always resorting to juvenile insults without even trying to debate a topic or answer a opposing view is such a smart intelligent "take".  Rolleyes