Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will you accept the results of the election?

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:31 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:20 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: You're not very good at math... are you?  You throw crumbs to the peasants to make them think they are getting something good, while you walk out the back with the gold and silver.  Typical scam.

I am good at understanding when you give incentive to the people who actually create jobs and reduce crippling regulations, the economy explodes.

No... apparently you are not good at understanding that either.  The economy would really explode if the tax cuts were used to raise the standard deduction to about 40k for all Americans, equally distributing the money among tax payers.  Then all tax payers get a lot more disposable income to put back into the economy, which improves the quality of life of more people, which in turn reduces crime and booms the economy.  I'm a true conservative who wants to help all tax payers; particularly those that are struggling... not just the rich.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2020, 05:29 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I am good at understanding when you give incentive to the people who actually create jobs and reduce crippling regulations, the economy explodes.

No... apparently you are not good at understanding that either.  The economy would really explode if the tax cuts were used to raise the standard deduction to about 40k for all Americans, equally distributing the money among tax payers.  Then all tax payers get a lot more disposable income to put back into the economy, improves the quality of life of more people, which in turn reduces crime and and booms the economy.  I'm a true conservative who wants to help all tax payers; particularly those that are struggling... not just the rich.

Trumps tax reform essentially doubled the standard deduction across the board for all filing categories. You would like it quadrupled?

(11-06-2020, 05:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:29 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: No... apparently you are not good at understanding that either.  The economy would really explode if the tax cuts were used to raise the standard deduction to about 40k for all Americans, equally distributing the money among tax payers.  Then all tax payers get a lot more disposable income to put back into the economy, improves the quality of life of more people, which in turn reduces crime and and booms the economy.  I'm a true conservative who wants to help all tax payers; particularly those that are struggling... not just the rich.

Trumps tax reform essentially doubled the standard deduction across the board for all filing categories. You would like it quadrupled?

Yes.  And the pubs should have done it. Revenue neutral is like kissing ur sister.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:41 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 05:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:29 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: No... apparently you are not good at understanding that either.  The economy would really explode if the tax cuts were used to raise the standard deduction to about 40k for all Americans, equally distributing the money among tax payers.  Then all tax payers get a lot more disposable income to put back into the economy, improves the quality of life of more people, which in turn reduces crime and and booms the economy.  I'm a true conservative who wants to help all tax payers; particularly those that are struggling... not just the rich.

False. Standard deductions increased by about 20%  If it distributes the tax cuts evenly, then hell yes... quadruple them. Or more.  That type of tax cut changes the quality of life for all tax paying Americans, not just a few. And in turn, increases the economy by people having more money to spend.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-06-2020, 05:39 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trumps tax reform essentially doubled the standard deduction across the board for all filing categories. You would like it quadrupled?

False. Standard deductions increased by about 20%  If it distributes the tax cuts evenly, then hell yes... quadruple them.  That type of tax cut changes the quality of life for all tax paying Americans, not just a few.

The other side of the coin is if you are forcing the 1% to foot the bill there will be more people with no income to tax at all when they stop producing jobs.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:50 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 05:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:39 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: False. Standard deductions increased by about 20%  If it distributes the tax cuts evenly, then hell yes... quadruple them.  That type of tax cut changes the quality of life for all tax paying Americans, not just a few.

The other side of the coin is if you are forcing the 1% to foot the bill there will be more people with no income to tax at all when they stop producing jobs.

That is another completely false statement.  They 1% keeps getting better to because the economy grows... just not at the expense of the poor.  There is no example in human history you can point to where that has happened.

Incentives work both ways. Low taxes for low earners is motivating for people to work and keep a bigger piece; moderate taxes for higher earners is incentive to keep businesses producing to earn bigger slices of the pie.

Yes to the original question

Even though the result is not what I wanted, you have to take the loss like a man

(11-06-2020, 05:44 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The other side of the coin is if you are forcing the 1% to foot the bill there will be more people with no income to tax at all when they stop producing jobs.

That is another completely false statement.  They 1% keeps getting better to because the economy grows... just not at the expense of the poor.  There is no example in human history you can point to where that has happened.

Incentives work both ways.  Low taxes for low earners is motivating for people to work and keep a bigger piece; moderate taxes for higher earners is incentive to keep businesses producing to earn bigger slices of the pie.

Well I totally disagree with you about how to grade quarterbacks, but, I think you understand macroeconomics pretty well. For a football message board guy anyway.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-06-2020, 07:44 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Yes to the original question

Even though the result is not what I wanted, you have to take the loss like a man

That’s where I’m at.  I’ll include I doubt the “results”. But what other option is there?   Yes, there’s an answer for that.   If it comes to that, I’ll side with the normals.  Until then, I’m trying something new.  Just be nice and happy.  Even to the known Democrats I know and or work for.  I want us all to get along.  Not quite in the hippy sense, but let’s let Harris have her 2.3 years and try again.

(11-06-2020, 03:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 03:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's negotiable, in my book.
I'd prefer to lower taxes.  
I'd put the tariff money into the social security trust fund, then I would eliminate social security taxes on the first few thousand dollars of people's annual income.  Whatever made the thing revenue-neutral.

So you think your Federal government is going to use income from tariffs to lower your taxes? Don't you know our government has a spending problem that is never going to stop? 

Maybe you are a conservative at heart. Who knew...

I don't think the Democrats would ever cancel or reduce an existing tax, no.
They'd create the new tax without taking any old ones away.
But the Republicans (other than Trump) would never create the new tax or tariff in the first place.  
We need both parties, unfortunately.
They both have to have some power, and they have to deal fairly and sincerely with each other while they have that power.
Last time that happened was like 2002, so, don't hold your breath, but, it's the ideal and we have to hold it up as the ideal.
Otherwise, if we only let stuff get done while one party has a trifecta, that's an awfully bumpy, rickety ride for everyone.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.