Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sad... Another Domestic Terrorist Act

(09-21-2020, 10:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I'm not in lockdown at all? I was at a game with a half full stadium last weekend. No mask wearing, no cases in my state. They got it under control and suppressed ever since which is economically the best result too. Freeeeedoooom.

There's one state here that has had some issues. But the recent lockdown which that video above has reduced cases substantially so likely opening again soon.
So you have cured a virus with a lockdown? Haha. You have just delayed it. It didn't go anywhere, you will be locked down again, rinse and repeat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-21-2020, 10:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I'm not in lockdown at all?  I was at a game with a half full stadium last weekend. No mask wearing, no cases in my state. They got it under control and suppressed ever since which is economically the best result too. Freeeeedoooom.

There's one state here that has had some issues. But the recent lockdown which that video above has reduced cases substantially so likely opening again soon.

Weren’t you in a lockdown, then restrictions released only to have it flareup and back to a lockdown once already?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The UK is going full idiot mode now.

Sad.

This virus is something we are going to have to live with forever. It's not going away. A vaccine will never beat it.

Get back to work and let those who are gonna die just die. Otherwise we will never have any semblance of normal ever again

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 07:58 PM by lastonealive.)

(09-22-2020, 02:37 AM)copycat Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 10:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I'm not in lockdown at all?  I was at a game with a half full stadium last weekend. No mask wearing, no cases in my state. They got it under control and suppressed ever since which is economically the best result too. Freeeeedoooom.

Weren’t you in a lockdown, then restrictions released only to have it flareup and back to a lockdown once already?

No

(09-22-2020, 12:01 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The UK is going full idiot mode now.

Sad.

This virus is something we are going to have to live with forever. It's not going away. A vaccine will never beat it.

Get back to work and let those who are gonna die just die. Otherwise we will never have any semblance of normal ever again

What a wonderful society that would be. Let's just let people die and not even try and prevent spread. UK and the US have both done absolutely terrible no doubt. This is the problem with opening up before getting it under control.

(09-22-2020, 07:55 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 02:37 AM)copycat Wrote: Weren’t you in a lockdown, then restrictions released only to have it flareup and back to a lockdown once already?

No

(09-22-2020, 12:01 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The UK is going full idiot mode now.

Sad.

What a wonderful society that would be. Let's just let people die and not even try and prevent spread. UK and the US have both done absolutely terrible no doubt. This is the problem with opening up before getting it under control.

So it was just New Zealand and not the mainland then?

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I get the impression you aren't interested in the reality in either country.

Both certainly have had strong leadership during the covid era. This has led to GDP dropping substantially less too than the likes of the US.

(09-22-2020, 09:00 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I get the impression you aren't interested in the reality in either country.

Both certainly have had strong leadership during the covid era. This has led to GDP dropping substantially less too than the likes of the US.

What is your point?  I know for a fact NZ came down hard early.  When they thought they had it under control they opened back up only to have another outbreak and subsequent shutdown.  I was under the impression Australia suffered the same scenario.

Sad.

Fair enough. Who among your loved ones and friends is expendable?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-22-2020, 09:11 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 09:00 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I get the impression you aren't interested in the reality in either country.

What is your point?  I know for a fact NZ came down hard early.  When they thought they had it under control they opened back up only to have another outbreak and subsequent shutdown.  I was under the impression Australia suffered the same scenario.
New Zealand have 5 deaths per million
Australia have have 33
UK have 615
USA have 620

I really don't even know what you are arguing? 

UK and US have done terribly health wise and have had no economic benefit for it either. It's really a reflection of the two poor leaders in charge who have a history of lying and propaganda over any leadership substance.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 10:01 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-22-2020, 09:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Sad.

Fair enough. Who among your loved ones and friends is expendable?

All of them. Including me and my 4 year old and my 6 year old.

But guess what... we are genetically strong, we will survive. And if not... so what? Seriously. Why is everyone such a coward? Life isn't special or miraculous. It's just life. Thanks to a few frigging lightning bolts that hit the right chemicals that created amino acids and proteins we now, after 3.5 billion years, have intelligent life... it's not something to cling to like everyone seems to think we should. We are not special. We are not great. We are just things the planet has created and if she decides to destroy us all - so be it.

This is going to be with us F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Why is that hard to get?

Eventually it will be considered just like the flu, every year hundreds of thousands will die. Big frigging deal. And I'm totally serious. But unlike the flu, which is always mutating, the herd immunity WILL kick in and less and less will die each year. It's called EVOLUTION. The strong will survive, the weak will die and our species will be better off for it.

I'm sorry you're a coward RJ, I truly am.

I hate to paraphrase Star Trek... but the many outweigh the few. And the many will survive and the few will die.

The quicker we stop thinking we can outsmart Mother Nature and accept that this is with us forever the quicker we can get back to work and keep going forward. All these lockdowns are doing is pressing pause or slow motion on something that needs to happen. Quick. Like a band-aid. Instead of tackling this head on we are going to force the next 5-10 generations to fix the stupid crap we have done to ourselves and the future generations.

So essentially nobody in your family is remotely in a risk category. But you are happy for others to die.

Im similar, I have no personal concerns for the virus, however for very little effort can help other people not die/get seriously ill. Why the selfishness?

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 10:08 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-22-2020, 10:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So essentially nobody in your family is remotely in a risk category. But you are happy for others to die.

Im similar, I have no personal concerns for the virus, however for very little effort can help other people not die/get seriously ill. Why the selfishness?

Then isolate the old and the weak. Don't tell the young and strong what to do. In the UK if you don't wear a mask the second you leave your house you'll be fined 200 Pounds. That's just ludicrous.

Lockdowns are stupid and pointless and make us all weaker.

(09-22-2020, 09:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 09:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Fair enough. Who among your loved ones and friends is expendable?

All of them. Including me and my 4 year old and my 6 year old.

But guess what... we are genetically strong, we will survive. And if not... so what? Seriously. Why is everyone such a coward? Life isn't special or miraculous. It's just life. Thanks to a few frigging lightning bolts that hit the right chemicals that created amino acids and proteins we now, after 3.5 billion years, have intelligent life... it's not something to cling to like everyone seems to think we should. We are not special. We are not great. We are just things the planet has created and if she decides to destroy us all - so be it.

This is going to be with us F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Why is that hard to get?

Eventually it will be considered just like the flu, every year hundreds of thousands will die. Big frigging deal. And I'm totally serious. But unlike the flu, which is always mutating, the herd immunity WILL kick in and less and less will die each year. It's called EVOLUTION. The strong will survive, the weak will die and our species will be better off for it.

I'm sorry you're a coward RJ, I truly am.

I hate to paraphrase Star Trek... but the many outweigh the few. And the many will survive and the few will die.

The quicker we stop thinking we can outsmart Mother Nature and accept that this is with us forever the quicker we can get back to work and keep going forward. All these lockdowns are doing is pressing pause or slow motion on something that needs to happen. Quick. Like a band-aid. Instead of tackling this head on we are going to force the next 5-10 generations to fix the stupid crap we have done to ourselves and the future generations.

As Jim Morrison said, "no one here gets out alive." 

I don't get all the hype of 'life is precious' and 'life is a gift' and all of that. We're here today and gone tomorrow. Like you said, life is life. Sure, I don't want friends and family to suffer and die but it's coming for us all. Maybe it's covid, maybe it's a fatal car accident, maybe it's old age. I'd rather live and die free than live and die behind a mask. But my husband asks that I wear a mask so I do.

(09-22-2020, 09:39 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 09:11 PM)copycat Wrote: What is your point?  I know for a fact NZ came down hard early.  When they thought they had it under control they opened back up only to have another outbreak and subsequent shutdown.  I was under the impression Australia suffered the same scenario.
New Zealand have 5 deaths per million
Australia have have 33
UK have 615
USA have 620

I really don't even know what you are arguing? 

UK and US have done terribly health wise and have had no economic benefit for it either. It's really a reflection of the two poor leaders in charge who have a history of lying and propaganda over any leadership substance.

You are hung up on mortality rates.  Anyone getting it could prove fatal depending on underlying conditions.  Americans are an unhealthy lot.  We eat processed garbage, are lazy and overweight.  Choices have consequences.

Now the point I am attempting to make is you can’t stop it.  Governments can lockdown to their hearts content and as soon as they open back up it will be waiting.  If an island nation the size of New Zealand cannot eliminate it what gives you hope that any other nation can eliminate it?  The common cold and influenza have been around since time began and there is no cure for either except our individual immune systems.