Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***official Fire Todd Wash Thread - 2020***

Credit where it's due, Rivers was dissecting us badly in the first half, not sure if adjustments were made, or his old arm got noodly. I think the performance on field lends more to the personnel being in the right place (FINALLY) than it does on the playcalls. Schobert was running things and running them well. Jack is back where he belongs. If they keep this up, Lord help us, they might play well enough to keep Wash on the payroll. I feel dirty even thinking that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2020, 10:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: Credit where it's due, Rivers was dissecting us badly in the first half, not sure if adjustments were made, or his old arm got noodly. I think the performance on field lends more to the personnel being in the right place (FINALLY) than it does on the playcalls. Schobert was running things and running them well. Jack is back where he belongs. If they keep this up, Lord help us, they might play well enough to keep Wash on the payroll. I feel dirty even thinking that.

As well you should...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 02:40 PM by Kane.)

A very young, inexperienced, and gutted defense holds the clots to 20 points, gets 4 turnovers (2 INTs and 2 TODs) and even still Jag fans gonna be Jag fans lol.

Took a whole 30 minutes to start the hand wringing

(09-14-2020, 10:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: Credit where it's due, Rivers was dissecting us badly in the first half, not sure if adjustments were made, or his old arm got noodly. I think the performance on field lends more to the personnel being in the right place (FINALLY) than it does on the playcalls. Schobert was running things and running them well. Jack is back where he belongs. If they keep this up, Lord help us, they might play well enough to keep Wash on the payroll. I feel dirty even thinking that.

I did like that we didn't see several players throwing fits on the field, arguing about who was supposed to do what, or throwing their hands up in the air at another player for being out of position.

He still needs to go, but at least there was really only a few open WRs and that was because the defense scheme sucks and got beat by the playcall.

(09-14-2020, 02:49 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

I did like that we didn't see several players throwing fits on the field, arguing about who was supposed to do what, or throwing their hands up in the air at another player for being out of position.

He still needs to go, but at least there was really only a few open WRs and that was because the defense scheme sucks and got beat by the playcall.

This.  I didn't see the UNDISCIPLINED players like I was used to seeing in the past. Maybe it was a problem with people trying to freelance.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-14-2020, 02:51 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 02:49 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I did like that we didn't see several players throwing fits on the field, arguing about who was supposed to do what, or throwing their hands up in the air at another player for being out of position.

This.  I didn't see the UNDISCIPLINED players like I was used to seeing in the past. Maybe it was a problem with people trying to freelance.

I still see players easily fooled by pre-snap movement and misdirection and I believe that is the type of "discipline" most in need of correction. Guys need to know when to "stay at home." 

The inability to defend screens and swing passes is tied to this ^ and a carry-over from years past in Wash's defense. 

Ramsey or a safety occasionally going with their instinct over their assignment was a much smaller issue on the whole  - but it's great not to see a bunch of bad body language and bickering after a chunk of yards are given up.

Wash gets pencil-whipped every single week.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-14-2020, 03:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wash gets pencil-whipped every single week.

As he should.

Hayden had one of his worst games as a Jag and he is the vet on that D. Last year he was one of the better nickel corners in the league so hopefully he just had to wear off the rust

Pass rush needs to improve. Solves a lot of coverage woes. Rivers had way too many completions and yards.

He's getting outcalled and outcoached again. He's a pencil whipping boy for every OC in the League.

Wash is [BLEEP] terrible. We need a new coordinator.

Dropping 8 on 3rd and goal at the 4 lol

Fire this horrible "Coach"

(09-20-2020, 03:13 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: Fire this horrible "Coach"

Long as the Offense keeps scoring ... the shortcomings of wash will be overlooked.
It's a catch 22 ...Gruden makes both marrone and wash look better than they are.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 04:24 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

My local McDonalds needs a new cashier. It would be a perfect fit.

Lets please get rid of Wash, he has been one of our glaring issues for a while now.

(09-20-2020, 04:19 PM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:13 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: Fire this horrible "Coach"

Long as the Offense keeps scoring ... the shortcomings of wash will be overlooked.
It's a catch 22 ...Gruden makes both marrone and wash look better than they are.

Get me Tapioca Phillips in here and we have a Superb Owl roster.

I really dont understand how he's survived the last 2 years. Its glaringly obvious that the scheme is trash, why persist with him when literally all the other co-ordinators have been changed multiple times

You guys are gonna be mad week after week. They aren't firing Wash lol but yeah the soft zone 4 man rush isn't working. Our best plays on D came when blitzing. Must blitz more. Bring Jack and Chaisson in more.