Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

(09-20-2020, 06:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It wasn't lazy, he pumped the right DT out of the lane then came back and the left DT made a play and got a hand on it. The WR behind him would still be running if it didn't get swatted.

It looked like they wanted to spike to stop the clock, but didnt want to waste a play so called something and if it wasnt there then take the incomplete and stop the clock.

Looked like Minshew tried to half throw it where it could be caught but would likely go incomplete otherwise. But a DT made a good play and it's just random where it goes from there.

Not blaming it all on Minshew but he would take that play back.

Watch the replay again, he pumped to free up the crosser running through the zone. It was just a good play by the lineman, sometimes that happens too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2020, 06:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: It looked like they wanted to spike to stop the clock, but didnt want to waste a play so called something and if it wasnt there then take the incomplete and stop the clock.

Looked like Minshew tried to half throw it where it could be caught but would likely go incomplete otherwise. But a DT made a good play and it's just random where it goes from there.

Not blaming it all on Minshew but he would take that play back.

Watch the replay again, he pumped to free up the crosser running through the zone. It was just a good play by the lineman, sometimes that happens too.

I'll have a rewatch. 

And of course. That ball bounces away harmlessly then no one is talking about that play.

(09-20-2020, 06:20 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I love that we have the guy we need, but damnit I feel like this keeps Caldwell his job which has been beyond a failure.

1.  I would say 6 wins is the minimum this team needs to show that you do not blow the whole thing up.  Caldwell and Morrone will be gone if they don't win at least 6.  

2.  We are two weeks in... still a  lot to evaluate.  The first two weeks look better than I anticipated, but still a long way to go.

I think the regime is tied to Minshew at this point. If he falters, they all go.

[DiRocco] Gardner Minshew is the first Jaguars player with three touchdown passes in three consecutive games in franchise history.

Also, loving the Celine Dion commercials with Minshew's parts

It’s nice to finally have a bonafide QB.

(09-21-2020, 09:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s nice to finally have a bonafide QB.

Yes it is. I actually feel confident when we go down by a TD or rap that the game isn't over, like it's always seemed in the past. How nice of a feeling is that to have? This has to have an impact on the defense wanting to continue to get stops as well.

(09-20-2020, 07:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1...78689?s=19

Can you explain this graph to me?

I tried to tell y’all.

*pats self on back*
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-14-2020, 05:02 PM)airjoeo Wrote: You guys need a reality check.  One big game from Minshew doesn't mean anything.  There is a reason he was a late 6th round pick.  Theres a reason he went 13-31 vs Atlanta last season,  14-29 vs NO,  and 15-32 vs Cincy.  There is also a reason he lost his job to Foles somehow and he is awful, you can't even use the big contract excuse for Foles... Guy literally lost his job to Trub this past few weeks.  

Best case scenario is to get the 1st overall pick this year, we aren't going anywhere this year with the roster anyways, no point of winning meaningless games since there is no chance for the playoffs regardless.

I’m sure the players love support from fans like you talk about a glass half empty attitude

(09-22-2020, 01:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: I tried to tell y’all.

*pats self on back*
I've strained my back I've been patting myself so hard
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-22-2020, 01:38 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 05:02 PM)airjoeo Wrote: You guys need a reality check.  One big game from Minshew doesn't mean anything.  There is a reason he was a late 6th round pick.  Theres a reason he went 13-31 vs Atlanta last season,  14-29 vs NO,  and 15-32 vs Cincy.  There is also a reason he lost his job to Foles somehow and he is awful, you can't even use the big contract excuse for Foles... Guy literally lost his job to Trub this past few weeks.  

Best case scenario is to get the 1st overall pick this year, we aren't going anywhere this year with the roster anyways, no point of winning meaningless games since there is no chance for the playoffs regardless.

I’m sure the players love support from fans like you talk about a glass half empty attitude

I come to the board quite often... never heard of airjoeo, probable tack troll

What sticks out to me, is last Sunday is Minshew's "bad game" type of day. He was off early, seemed to press a bit, just wasn't himself. Years past that would happen and you knew it was game over. He was able to find his throws and lead us almost to victory. That would have been a Bortles "great day" type of game.

https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status...35232?s=20

Some quality smack from Minshew.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

What a stud

He has 3 TDs in 3 straight games

(09-23-2020, 08:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He has 3 TDs in 3 straight games

And not in garbage time either. We are not used to that around here.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I don't think Minshew is the answer here in Jacksonville. I think he would be a nice backup but does not have what it takes to be a top tier qb. He's lacking a little arm strength, a little too short to see over the middle well, and has inconsistent games like this one. Chark wasn't dominating this year so I don't think his missed game was that big of a deal.

Yes he's better than Bortles but nowhere near a top tier guy that can carry a struggling team.

(09-25-2020, 06:46 AM)prime winner Wrote: I don't think Minshew is the answer here in Jacksonville. I think he would be a nice backup but does not have what it takes to be a top tier qb. He's lacking a little arm strength, a little too short to see over the middle well, and has inconsistent games like this one. Chark wasn't dominating this year so I don't think his missed game was that big of a deal.

Yes he's better than Bortles but nowhere near a top tier guy that can carry a struggling team.
You are looking at stats.  Missing Chark was huge last night and it showed.  He draws coverages towards him and teams have to worry aboit the deep threat and it help open things up underneath like to Shenault