Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 06:28 PM by p_rushing.)

(09-13-2020, 05:39 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 05:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He has holes in his game and people can easily see them, but he makes plays and has "it" so the holes don't matter.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

what hole does he have that most second year qbs don’t?  Only knocks I see is size, I haven’t seen arm strength hinder him not one bit. He’ll continue to get better. 
Right now he is not great with pressure and he can hold the ball too long. A few times he looked to escape the pocket when he didn't need to and he held it too long a couple of times.

The talking heads see him as a low draft pick and see those issues, so they think he can't play when he can and does play well. It also doesn't fit the Jags tanking story.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-13-2020, 05:19 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/130...1261796352

Burn. Thanks for posting.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Meanwhile, Kyler is 19/31 for 150, a TD and an INT.

YPA under 5 while Gardner's was 8.65.

(09-13-2020, 06:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Meanwhile, Kyler is 19/31 for 150, a TD and an INT.

He has Hopkins as well

Lol and Fournette looking the same as we're used to. 5 rushes, 5 yards

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 06:58 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Adam Schefter posted this

"Jaguars’ QB Gardner Minshew is the first player to ever throw at least three TD passes and complete at least 95.0 percent of his passes on Kickoff Weekend. In his last two games against the Colts, Minshew has completed 46 of 59 passes for 468 yards, six TDs and one INT."
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-13-2020, 06:27 PM)So thanks for supporting my point, every second year quarterback still needs to work on handling pressure and their internal clock.I think he handles pressure fine, doesn’t make bad decisions. He took a bad sack before the field goal today but that’s hardly enough to call it a problem area with today the topic of study. p_rushing Wrote: Right now he is not great with pressure and he can hold the ball too long. A few times he looked to escape the pocket when he didn't need to and he held it too long a couple of times.

The talking heads see him as a low draft pick and see those issues, so they think he can't play when he can and does play well. It also doesn't fit the Jags tanking story.

(09-13-2020, 06:59 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 06:27 PM)So thanks for supporting my point, every second year quarterback still needs to work on handling pressure and their internal clock.I think he handles pressure fine, doesn’t make bad decisions. He took a bad sack before the field goal today but that’s hardly enough to call it a problem area with today the topic of study. p_rushing Wrote: Right now he is not great with pressure and he can hold the ball too long. A few times he looked to escape the pocket when he didn't need to and he held it too long a couple of times.

Hell I agree, I think he totally has that natural internal "oh crap" clock where he knows someone is coming and makes a decision. The guy is so accurate to. Just look how clean his passes were today. He's not just hitting open guys which he hardly ever missed btw so great read progression, but he almost always hits them with a pretty spiral straight in chest or catch zone if they're contested/covered.

(09-13-2020, 06:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Meanwhile, Kyler is 19/31 for 150, a TD and an INT.

Meanwhile. He also rushed for 100 yards, another TD and beat the defending NFC champions....

Lets not act like Kyler didn’t ball today too.

Sometimes gents it’s better to take the sack then throw into coverage and lose possession. Just saying....

(09-13-2020, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Meanwhile. He also rushed for 100 yards, another TD and beat the defending NFC champions....

Those are Blake bortles numbers passing, let’s not act like he did well passing.

(09-13-2020, 04:10 PM)Newton Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 04:09 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Great game team! Whooo!! Only 1 incompletion. No turnovers. Good stuff

He was truly surgical today! that was special.

Indeed it was.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(09-13-2020, 07:41 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Meanwhile. He also rushed for 100 yards, another TD and beat the defending NFC champions....

Those are Blake bortles numbers passing, let’s not act like he did well passing.
Bortles would have had 4 picks.... come on now.

Minshew was money today.

Having a QB you have faith in and is making things happen makes such a difference. Minshew was brilliant today, yes there are a few plays he would take back but the pump fake for the first TD made that play possible. 

I look around the league at QB's with higher draft spots or have those 'tangibles' that you just have to have. Look at Mayfield, look at Darnold, Rosen, Wentz. All guys taken top 5 and 'cant miss' prospects. But they struggle on the field. Minshew doesnt have all their skills and physical skills but he moves the ball and makes things happen.

I just want to see someone build an O that plays to his strengths. Look at Wilson at Seattle. That O is perfectly built for Wilson.

In fifteen games and thirteen starts, Minshew has 24 TD passes, which is currently 6th in franchise history. Three more will tie him with Captain Checkdown Chad Henne, who threw 27 in 31 games. Wow.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-13-2020, 07:59 PM)NCJag Wrote: In fifteen games and thirteen starts, Minshew has 24 TD passes, which is currently 6th in franchise history. Three more will tie him with Captain Checkdown Chad Henne, who threw 27 in 31 games. Wow.

He’s also won more games in ONE season than Blaine Gabbert did in three.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Minshew says this is just the start

https://twitter.com/i/status/1305259276592721921
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We already knew he was the man last year. The only thing that said otherwise was his draft position.

The 1 incompletion was a well thrown ball and drop by Shenault if not mistaken too. Pretty incredible.