Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

#15 has no conscience = clutch

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-13-2020, 05:18 PM)MojoKing Wrote: if he can learn to not hold on to the ball for so long and back up into pressure, Minshew will be great

Agreed but at least two appeared intentional to me. I felt he figured it was safer than throwing an errant pass.

i love minshew but he is not the solution at QB long time... if we screw up this year and actually win alot, I will be disgusted to lose a chance of drafting Trevor Lawrence.  

This is the best season to tank and I hope Jaguars realize this.

(09-13-2020, 11:44 PM)airjoeo Wrote: i love minshew but he is not the solution at QB long time... if we screw up this year and actually win alot, I will be disgusted to lose a chance of drafting Trevor Lawrence.  

Loser mentality.

(09-13-2020, 11:44 PM)airjoeo Wrote: i love minshew but he is not the solution at QB long time... if we screw up this year and actually win alot, I will be disgusted to lose a chance of drafting Trevor Lawrence.  

What they probably realize is if they dont have the first pick, ifn they wanted TL they have enough draft capitol to move up to the first pick with 2 first 2 seconds and so on.

I cannot wrap my head around this... If we drafted TL and he had stats and win loss record anywhere close to Minshews 13 starts into his career you'd be thrilled. So why is it any different?

Hell to the naw.... Ol Sunshine is just Gabbert 2.0. I see him coming here and being shook to death. Minshew is the first QB since Mark where we legitimately have a chance to come back and win a game in the 4th quarter with minutes to go. I’ll take Minshew all day over Suuuunnnnshhhiiinnnneeee.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Elway, Manning, Marino, Luck

^ best case scenario for TL

They only have 3 SB wins combined, so these 2nd coming of Christ QBs that we fall in love with are not the end all be all

Minshew with our 2017 D = SB easily.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 01:13 AM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(09-14-2020, 12:44 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:

Hell to the naw.... Ol Sunshine is just Gabbert 2.0. I see him coming here and being shook to death. Minshew is the first QB since Mark where we legitimately have a chance to come back and win a game in the 4th quarter with minutes to go. I’ll take Minshew all day over Suuuunnnnshhhiiinnnneeee.....

Sort of how I feel about TL to be totally honest. He played horribly in the championship game vs LSU which was the closest thing to an NFL D he's seen.. He really doesn't seem that smart and couldn't pickup the more complicated looks they threw at him. He just fell straight into the traps they were setting for him.

In the NFL that that would be ten times worse.

After the kind of QB we've had in the last decade I don't know how we aren't sold on Minshew being the franchise QB at this point. He isn't perfect but he's pretty much the best QB we've had at least since Garrard.

(09-13-2020, 05:19 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/130...1261796352

Haha. Savage.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 02:46 AM by Dimson.)

Get over it. We are not tanking. Minshew will not allow that to happen. Marrone and Caldwell's jobs are almost certainly on the line, they won't let it happen either.

(09-14-2020, 01:54 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: After the kind of QB we've had in the last decade I don't know how we aren't sold on Minshew being the franchise QB at this point. He isn't perfect but he's pretty much the best QB we've had at least since Garrard.

He is literally the perfect QB for the city of Jacksonville and yet people still pine for Trevor. He is off to the best start in Jaguar QB history and it still isn't good enough for some people. I don't get it.

Especially after today's performance, I think we should start a GoFundMe for the "Minshew's not the guy. We need Trevor Lawrence!" crowd so we can bribe them into dumbing down some other team's message board.

What'd you think, Lawrence woulda completed 25 out of 20 today?  Or you'd rather have big yardage stats instead of near perfect efficiency?

Seriously.

(09-14-2020, 03:21 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Especially after today's performance, I think we should start a GoFundMe for the "Minshew's not the guy. We need Trevor Lawrence!" crowd so we can bribe them into dumbing down some other team's message board.

What'd you think, Lawrence woulda completed 25 out of 20 today?  Or you'd rather have big yardage stats instead of near perfect efficiency?

Seriously.

The crazy part is Minshew still had a respectable yards per attempt number. It wasn't like he was being Captain Check Down. He was still tossing the ball down the field.

(09-14-2020, 03:43 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 03:21 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Especially after today's performance, I think we should start a GoFundMe for the "Minshew's not the guy. We need Trevor Lawrence!" crowd so we can bribe them into dumbing down some other team's message board.

Seriously.

The crazy part is Minshew still had a respectable yards per attempt number. It wasn't like he was being Captain Check Down. He was still tossing the ball down the field.

We've seen plenty of Cpt. Checkdowns here in Duval...

Minshew was certainly not that during the game.

I'll take his hyper-efficient and effective passes/decisions with his stat line every week if it means a win.

19/20 was a beautiful performance to behold. Much props captain.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

[Image: 119094218_1831971470286508_8886031853837...e=5F833A13]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 05:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

3. Gardner Minshew is real, and he’s spectacular. He completed 19 of 20. The Jags stunned the Colts. Trevor Lawrence had to be watching on TV saying, “I guess Jacksonville’s out.”

Offensive Players of the Week

Gardner Minshew, quarterback, Jacksonville. This is how magic gets made. The Jaguars, given up for dead in 2020 by most people who have watched at least one football game in their lives (including me), beat up the favored Colts 27-20. The quarterback everyone wants to tank away from, Minshew, completed 19 of 20 passes for 173 yards and three touchdowns, including the 22-yard strike to Keelan Cole for the winning points with six minutes left in the game.

Peter King

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

You may end up being right but there's nothing in the way he played today that suggests he can't be the man. Wish he had a little bit stronger arm but he can make the throws he needs to. Chasing the draft is a fool's errand.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-13-2020, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 06:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Meanwhile, Kyler is 19/31 for 150, a TD and an INT.

YPA under 5 while Gardner's was 8.65.
Meanwhile. He also rushed for 100 yards, another TD and beat the defending NFC champions....

Lets not act like Kyler didn’t ball today too.

Lol .... I was thinking that this is not the week to criticize Kyler Murray.  The dude literally put the Cards on his back yesterday and lead them to a victory over the number 1 or 2 defense in the NFL.