Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
4net, Yannick, and Harrison

I know it's only week one but I'm glad to see the departed divas take a loss. Only thing that could top it off is if Ramsey got burnt tonight for a game winning TD. One can only dream...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A rams loss tonight and a titan loss tomorrow night caps a perfect week.

(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)HawkJag87 Wrote: I know it's only week one but I'm glad to see the departed divas take a loss. Only thing that could top it off is if Ramsey got burnt tonight for a game winning TD. One can only dream...

Ramsey already beat on a big gain and he let up on the Zeke TD. Yeah, chances are Elliot gets in anyway, but that is Ramsey's MO.

Looking at individual performance, Fournette rushed 5 times for 5 yards with 0 TD's.  I don't see Ngakoue or Harrison in the box scores for their teams.  Did they play today?

(09-13-2020, 09:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Looking at individual performance, Fournette rushed 5 times for 5 yards with 0 TD's.  I don't see Ngakoue or Harrison in the box scores for their teams.  Did they play today?

Yawn played, didn't do anything.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)HawkJag87 Wrote: I know it's only week one but I'm glad to see the departed divas take a loss. Only thing that could top it off is if Ramsey got burnt tonight for a game winning TD. One can only dream...

Ramsey did get beat for a big pass earlier.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

You almost got your wish, the ref blew a call.> he was beat by Gallup for a large gain... at 15 yard line.

I wonder why we never got those OPI calls when Ramsey got beat here in Jax?

Yan didn't record a single pressure today

(09-13-2020, 11:18 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I wonder why we never got those OPI calls when Ramsey got beat here in Jax?

No kidding
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I just saw something saying that Harrison only played 3 plays today.

Rams defense is loaded. I do miss Jalen, no ill will towards him as a player. I don't think we know the full story of why he wanted out but I mean you can't doubt his skills and competitiveness.

Say what you will but Ramsey is still a stud.

Caldwell and company were eager to get rid of some of Coughlin's debris and unfortunately couldn't get Ngakoue to be reasonable.

Every single malcontent, regardless of reason, is now seemingly gone.
And the result is actually quite plain to see.
This young team looks hungry and plays hard. I didn't expect the result of the purge to be so obvious TBH.

(09-14-2020, 09:54 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Say what you will but Ramsey is still a stud.

Nonsense, players are only good when they are on this team, as soon as they leave they were trash all along.

This, NYC, and in spades. You could feel the absence tension and strife Sunday noticeably. Made me a whole lot more confident in Dave and Doug and that they actually knew what they were doing all along.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 03:33 PM by Kane.)

Per the recent traded or released players:

The "Bad Guys"
Harrison, intricate in allowing a lot of points. Bet he's real glad of leaving Jax and going to a culture that wants to win in Cleveland, or whatever it was he said. I was a Harrison fan until that parting quote. Tasteless, imo... like the Browns defensive play. Guess he's a back up in Cleveland and we had him as a starter... huh...
Yan, stat-less. Wow. Surprised honestly. But I got a little chuckle when I saw the stat sheet.
Fournette, 5 totes, 5 total yards. Good grief... good thing he finally has a real QB, eh?
The Ramsey drama is so far done and over I don't really care what he's doing in LA. They got a win, I'm sure he helped in that. Still not sure he was worth that contract they gave him.

The "Good Guys"
Glad to see Campbell going somewhere where he can be a piece of a SB run, maybe get a ring if the Jaguars don't shock the world instead. 
We'll see how well Bouye does tonight. Personally I'm rooting for him to do well vs the tacks.

They didn't just lose but they played horrible or didn't even register a measured statistic.

Ramsey should have been TOAST on that last OPI they called, that almost never gets called but Ramsey sold the push off, even though he had the WR's arm hooked because he was beat - dead to rights the WR had him on that play and Dak threw a dime, Rams should have lost. Ramsey looked very good at times, but I'm not sure he looked $100 million good.

Either way, these guys are happy. Good. I hope they are happy they're all mostly 0-1 and not looking too hot while doing it either. It's one thing if they perform and they just happen to lose. It's another when they don't even register a stat.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 12:30 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I had no hard feelings and wanted Fournette to do well until he made his QB comments, even if I don't think they were as negative as they sounded. Glad they lost. Glad Yan posted a 0 on the stat sheet. Glad Harrison got to be on a "real team" and proceeded to be destroyed.

Also, happy for Calais to get a good win and if Jax doesn't win the SB (always pick us until mathematically I can't) I'd like to see Baltimore win and get Calais a ring. Also, hated to see Bouye get hurt, wanted to see him and Denver have a solid year too since he was another who seemed grateful for his time here.

Ramsey got that "you have a big contract on a big market team" penalty call he would have never gotten in Jax, but oh well. At least we got nice draft compensation for him.