Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AROB wants out of Chicago

(09-15-2020, 06:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: O.K.  Inform me.  Which receiver either playing today or historically does he compare to?
You’re saying he’s a “dime a dozen” when in reality, he’s scoring in the 98th percentile for success rate against man coverage. That’s not “dime a dozen”.

He’s actually pretty similar to DeVante Adams. Biggest difference is Rodgers and Trubisky/Bortles.

The numbers shown above don’t take QB play into account but looks strictly at beating the corner back on each and every pass play. Can’t fault ARob for toasting his man only to have Trubisky throw it to god knows where.

Historically? Not sure. The game has changed so dramatically but he’s elite. He hasn’t “stood out” to the common fan because he plays in a god awful offense with Trubisky. However, once you dig deeper, you find he’s elite.

So as far as being an "elite" receiver...

[Image: 479304]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He was the first of the jags malcontent players. He is the original. He can rot in Chicago for all I care.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 07:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-15-2020, 05:25 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 01:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He doesn't want out, he wants an extension.

I spoke to soon, he's now inquiring about a trade.

(09-15-2020, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is no surprise at all. The guy always thought he was much better than he actually is. He's good, but he is far from great. He's making around $14 million a season in Chicago which places him 15th among WR's in annual salary. That seems fair given his production and skill set, but undoubtedly, he wants way more.

He's in the last year of his contract.

I know, but that doesn't entitle him to a raise. He plays like he is a top 15-20 receiver and he should be paid like it. That means getting the same contract that he currently has. Apparently, he wants a substantial raise and he's not worth it.

(09-15-2020, 06:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is no surprise at all. The guy always thought he was much better than he actually is. He's good, but he is far from great. He's making around $14 million a season in Chicago which places him 15th among WR's in annual salary. That seems fair given his production and skill set, but undoubtedly, he wants way more.

lol.. ARob is one of the best WRs in the NFL who has had to deal with some of the worst QB play you'll ever see..

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...6110624769

Well then maybe he needs to prioritize winning over money and hit free agency, where he can pick which QB he plays with.

Possession receiver still thinks hes a #1? Guess I was right 4 years ago, lol

(09-15-2020, 07:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 05:25 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I spoke to soon, he's now inquiring about a trade.

He's in the last year of his contract.

I know, but that doesn't entitle him to a raise. He plays like he is a top 15-20 receiver and he should be paid like it. That means getting the same contract that he currently has. Apparently, he wants a substantial raise and he's not worth it.

(09-15-2020, 06:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote: lol.. ARob is one of the best WRs in the NFL who has had to deal with some of the worst QB play you'll ever see..

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...6110624769

Well then maybe he needs to prioritize winning over money and hit free agency, where he can pick which QB he plays with.

You're saying that, Robinson, being in the final year of his contract, should sign for the exact same amount that he signed for 3 years ago? 

Seems a bit unrealistic.

Allen Robinson. Great 50/50 ball guy. No speed, no quickness, above average route runner. Basically a poor man's Anquan Boldin.

(09-15-2020, 08:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Allen Robinson. Great 50/50 ball guy. No speed, no quickness, above average route runner.  Basically a poor man's Anquan Boldin.

Nope. I disagree.

He is an elite WR. He had a trash QB in Bortles and put up 14 TDs and 1400 yards. It wasn’t because he is slow.

I would compare him to Lynn Swann with his acrobatic catches with a little bit of DeVante Adams and a little bit of Brandon Marshall.

If he had 1400 and 14 with Bottles, then he what would he have with Minshew, Brees, Rothlisburger, Rodgers ?

(09-15-2020, 08:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 08:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Allen Robinson. Great 50/50 ball guy. No speed, no quickness, above average route runner.  Basically a poor man's Anquan Boldin.

Nope. I disagree.

He is an elite WR. He had a trash QB in Bortles and put up 14 TDs and 1400 yards. It wasn’t because he is slow.

I would compare him to Lynn Swann with his acrobatic catches with a little bit of DeVante Adams and a little bit of Brandon Marshall.

If he had 1400 and 14 with Bottles, then he what would he have with Minshew, Brees, Rothlisburger, Rodgers ?

I'd have to say he's somewhere in the middle of these disparate comps. 

Boldin is a horrendously bad comp. Such blatantly different athletes and styles of play. It'd be like comping Hines Ward to Emmanuel Sanders or something. 

Robinson is a "beat you with length" guy.  Boldin was an "out muscle you" guy. So different. 

A-Rob doesn't possess Swann's graceful agility  - while he does have some body control and an innate ability to climb the ladder - it's clunky by comparison to Swann.

He's not quite as sudden as Adams, and B. Marshall weighed 230 freakin pounds. Very different cat than A-Rob.

He wants $20 million, don't see it happening

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-15-2020, 07:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 07:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know, but that doesn't entitle him to a raise. He plays like he is a top 15-20 receiver and he should be paid like it. That means getting the same contract that he currently has. Apparently, he wants a substantial raise and he's not worth it.

You're saying that, Robinson, being in the final year of his contract, should sign for the exact same amount that he signed for 3 years ago? 

Seems a bit unrealistic.

He's not a top #10 receiver. Not even close.

(09-15-2020, 09:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 08:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Nope. I disagree.

I'd have to say he's somewhere in the middle of these disparate comps. 

Boldin is a horrendously bad comp. Such blatantly different athletes and styles of play. It'd be like comping Hines Ward to Emmanuel Sanders or something. 

Robinson is a "beat you with length" guy.  Boldin was an "out muscle you" guy. So different. 

A-Rob doesn't possess Swann's graceful agility  - while he does have some body control and an innate ability to climb the ladder - it's clunky by comparison to Swann.

He's not quite as sudden as Adams, and B. Marshall weighed 230 freakin pounds. Very different cat than A-Rob.

A poor man’s Larry Fitzgerald?

Allen is not as fast, but similar frame and leaping ability. Wins contested catches, great route running, body control, great hands, strength. Bonus points that he usually has bad QB play as well.

A single player comp for ARob is tough though.

(09-15-2020, 09:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He wants $20 million, don't see it happening

[Image: lol024.gif]

(09-15-2020, 09:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He wants $20 million, don't see it happening

Sounds like Jalen and Yan got to him.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 10:13 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-15-2020, 09:45 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd have to say he's somewhere in the middle of these disparate comps. 

A poor man’s Larry Fitzgerald?  

Allen is not as fast, but similar frame and leaping ability.  Wins contested catches, great route running, body control, great hands, strength.  Bonus points that he usually has bad QB play as well.  

A single player comp for ARob is tough though.

I thought they had a similar 40.

Robinson ran 4.60 slower than what I thought
Fitz 4.48
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

That ?‍? diva is not worth 20 million.

The ironic thing is, does A-Rob's leaping ability and ability to contest catches have much value when the QB is throwing accurate and well-timed balls?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 02:42 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-16-2020, 01:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: The ironic thing is, does A-Rob's leaping ability and ability to contest catches have much value when the QB is throwing accurate and well-timed balls?

His elite ability to separate from man coverage does.

Dude can't catch a break, literally. Trubisky throws the ball like Bortles, just with a tighter spiral. Not an NFL QB.

More players should self-rep. An agent over-hyping a clients worth resulting in them losing money in the long run doesn't seem like a solid business plan.